+569

You've got to wonder why it's only a black history month. The Jews went through a hell of a lot more, and they don't get a month. The Native Americans were completely kicked out of their own country, and they don't get a month. This is one of the least complained about forms of racism, amirite?

Sinners avatar
13 81
The voters have decided that Sinner is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

You've got to wonder why it's only a black history month. The whites did a lot more awesome shit, and they don't get a month. They completely dominated another race and kicked them off their land, like bosses, and they don't get a month. This is one of the least complained about forms of racism, amirite?

Bretts avatar Brett Yeah You Are +36Reply
@Brett You've got to wonder why it's only a black history month. The whites did a lot more awesome shit, and they don't...

the whites were lazy people who needed other races 2 build their own damn country. they were selfish, greedy, and dumb. what kind of person goes into someones country and enslaves them all? a white person. this could be said about a lot of people now, but their was nothing honourable white people did by enslaving a race

@thatsjustmii the whites were lazy people who needed other races 2 build their own damn country. they were selfish, greedy, and...

Man, I wish all whites had one giant country. Then we could beat on all you lesser races with ease.

Sinners avatar Sinner Yeah You Are +11Reply

Its funny because that happened a lot in Africa. It wasn't just whites who did that stuff. It is only noticeable because whites did it more recently.

@Phil Its funny because that happened a lot in Africa. It wasn't just whites who did that stuff. It is only noticeable...

African Slavery and white slavery was A LOT different. For example, there were laws protecting slaves in Africa. You were not allowed to split up families. Africans were allowed to get married. They were not treated like cattle.

brb, heading to a country and enslaving them all, because I'm white..and I can do that.

Well, the thought of equal rights was a lot different just a few hundred years ago than it is now...

@782238

Such as? There've been other races nominated (and some won, too) for BET Awards if that's what you're referring to. (i.e Eminem, Justin Bieber, Justin Timberlake, Bruno Mars, etc.)

@1024316

If you watched, it's not about awarding them for being black, or about keeping white people out. It's about celebrating those who have contributed to a positive black image. Basically the opposite of voting best stereotype.

@1026897

It wasn't the role Monique was playing, it was the quality of her work that promoted a positive black image. They do care about best white images. White people and Jews win awards all the time for good work and being a good example. And your statement, "Black people make shit hilarious or dramatic" is in fact a stereotype.

Can we get over this whole race-month-thing? There's been so many posts about this. Yes, every race deserves its own month; no, that's not going to happen. The End.

Blacks didn't just "get" a month. It started out as just a week and then eventually became a month. Other racial groups are more than free to start their own months. There is nothing stopping them.

I'm voting nw for another reason; for the idea that it's somehow a competition of what race went through the most to determine what race gets a month. Thats ridiculous. The point is African Americans contributed a lot to American history and yet their importance is deemphasized in america schools. Thats it. It's ridiculous to call black history racist.

It's a good point but surely if these people want a month, they should start one. That's what black people did.

@It's a good point but surely if these people want a month, they should start one. That's what black people did.

do you know how much shit white people would get if we designated our own month? god forbid we be proud of our heritage, lest others blame us for being 'white supremacists'. and when i say being proud of our heritage, i mean being proud of the GOOD things we've done, not celebrating slavery or kicking native americans out, as people are likely to take that.

@1023078

go ahead, feed the white stereotype that we think we're superior by saying we own the rest of the months of the year. i dont consider the other 11 months belonging to white people, but i guess you do.

@1024144

no, thats exactly what you're saying. by saying we have 11 months, basically you're saying 'those months are reserved for white people'. way to make yourself look like an ass.

@1024444

well i dont know where you're from, but we talk about everyone's history here. we dont take months out of the year to discuss certain people. if they were black and they were important, we talk about them. if they were black but they weren't important, we have no reason to talk about them. some people think that's racist, when in reality, it's just not important.

@1023078

you are retarded.

reids avatar reid Yeah You Are +4Reply

What about Eskimo history month?

@What about Eskimo history month?

Don't they get all pissed when you call them Eskimo's?

Is black history month celebrated everywhere, or just in the US? Because blacks sure went through a hell of a lot here, even though Jews may have suffered worse elsewhere. Although it seems wrong to compare experiences like that 'cause it was pretty horrible for both.

@1012122

Ok. I'm pretty sure it's just a US thing. In that case, I think it's fitting.

@1012122

yes there is fag, it's black history month

@1023066

Dick-splat y smilie

Sinners avatar Sinner Yeah You Are +3Reply

Well, the Jews did get a whole country.

inb4 massive comment war about race (I might be too late).

Big_Bosss avatar Big_Boss Yeah You Are +3Reply

.....ASIANS!

I think the reason why blacks got an entire month because they are extremely stereotyped in American society today. Believe it or not, there are actually many more black doctors in America than there are athletes. This is actually surprising to many because society has stereotyped blacks to be athletes, sexual predators, thieves, or gangsters.

For example, they are never stereotyped as inventors, yet many inventions were created by black people. The ironing board, traffic signal, filament in the modern light bulb, automatic gear shift in cars, and other inventions were all invented by black people.

I think that since blacks are stereotyped this much in America, it doesn't hurt to recognize their heritage for month. It's only a month.

@1022916

See Middle Ages

WHERES THE INDIAN MONTH? I WANT A MONTH DAMN YOUUUUUU

You are getting on my nerves with this. Stop hating because we have our own month. Like damn. You enslaved us all the least you could do is let us have a month -___-

Sinners avatar Sinner Yeah You Are 0Reply
@You are getting on my nerves with this. Stop hating because we have our own month. Like damn. You enslaved us all...

Name one person who possibly would have read the comment that enslaved a single black person. You'd hold us accountable for our ancestor's actions? Hell, a lot of the white people in this country weren't even around when slavery was abolished. I know only one part of my family was, and that was the Native American part.

Shut up, and don't reply to my posts. And I wasn't talking about YOU yourself. I meant to say white people.

You want a ____ history month? Feel free to start one. Maybe it will catch on like Black History Month. That's what blacks did. Nobody gave it to us. "We" established it ourselves and it caught on.

The people who said no you aren't are black.

xomarionxos avatar xomarionxo Yeah You Are -3Reply

Black and jews both went through about the same over the entirity of history.

@Sinner |: Seriously?

I meant theres been great atrocities against both groups of people, and they both deserve equal recognition. The poster stating that Jews went through more is incorrect.

@SirCheekyBastard are you retarded?

First of all thats not very useful criticism. And second of all, even if its not a contest I still take offense to the posters position that Jews have gone through more. Yes, there were 6 million Jews killed in the Holocaust and more in Egypt. But you cannot forget the tens of millions of people who died in the colonization of Africa, fueled by racial discrimination and the belief in social darwinism.

@greendarthpotato First of all thats not very useful criticism. And second of all, even if its not a contest I still take offense to...

The colonization of Africa, at its most intense point, took thirty five years. The Holocaust took four years.

@greendarthpotato So it would almost seem we're agreeing then.

No. Not at all. If you do the math, 1.5 million Jews died each year of the Holocaust, compared to 286,000 in Africa per year. The Jews experienced an 80% higher casualty rate per annum.