+437

You have to love the lack of logic with some of our laws. If a man kills a pregnant woman, he is charged with two murders. However, a woman can kill her unborn baby legally. amirite?

TheShamWowGuys avatar Politics
7 41
The voters have decided that TheShamWowGuy is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Cue debate in 3.....2......1.....

GO!

I see it all as the woman's choice.
I bet you if a pregnant woman was walking around and got murdered, she probably wanted that baby. If she didn't, oh well. We don't know.
I say it's counted because most likely that woman wanted the baby to be born.

When she doesn't want it to be born and goes to get an abortion, that's her choice.

@I see it all as the woman's choice. I bet you if a pregnant woman was walking around and got murdered, she probably...

So she gets to decide who's worth living and the murderer doesn't? Sorry to break it to you, but it's murder either way.

ItsPreeGoods avatar ItsPreeGood Yeah You Are +3Reply

If I signed a paper with video evidence with witnesses agreeing for someone to kill me that would bey choice, but that's still illegal

Demonturkys avatar Demonturky Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Demonturky If I signed a paper with video evidence with witnesses agreeing for someone to kill me that would bey choice, but...

But it's different.
you're already born. You already are living and can do something.
The baby can't say anything. You can.
You and an unborn baby are two different things.

So a pregnant woman gets to decide if the fetus in her womb is really a person or not? That's not quite okay.

@chocolatecakeisbad So a pregnant woman gets to decide if the fetus in her womb is really a person or not? That's not quite okay.

Because until that baby is born and functioning without the help, so to speak, of the mother, then that baby is, in essence, part of the woman, so it's her choice.

@Because until that baby is born and functioning without the help, so to speak, of the mother, then that baby is, in...

my grandparents arent fully functioning and they need help to live quite frankly. Does that mean i have the option to kill them. is that morally acceptable?

Just because a baby lives in a different environment really doesnt change the fact that they both need other people to survive.

If im not allowed to kill my grandparents because they are dependent. I should not be allowed to kill my baby because it is also dependent on me.

TheShamWowGuys avatar TheShamWowGuy Yeah You Are 0Reply
@TheShamWowGuy my grandparents arent fully functioning and they need help to live quite frankly. Does that mean i have the option...

when i say functioning without the help of the mother, i mean that their veins aren't connected and the baby doesn't need the mothers blood directly transferred to it. the baby is part of the woman, and she may do with her body as she pleases, so it's the womans choice what she wants to make of that baby, who, may i remind you, cannot think for itself and has no feelings .

I understand the logic, but you Should only have it one way. Either it's a life, or it's not.

scrantoncitys avatar scrantoncity Yeah You Are 0Reply
@scrantoncity I understand the logic, but you Should only have it one way. Either it's a life, or it's not.

Ah, there you are. Right on time~

Yeah, I understand that, but I'm focusing on if it's a wanted life or not.
If it's being aborted, it's not wanted.
And saying that it's a wanted life when the pregnant woman is murdered is an OK guess.

@Ah, there you are. Right on time~ Yeah, I understand that, but I'm focusing on if it's a wanted life or not. If...

Well, I don't really -want- the person who raped my friend to be alive, but if I were to kill him, I'd still go to jail.
(hypothetical situation.)

jaybrenes avatar jaybrene Yeah You Are 0Reply

So, if I specifically asked your mother, and she said she didn't like you, I'd be allowed to kill you? I mean, without her you'd be screwed...

I'm thankful for these overly repetitive debate-causing posts.
Amen.

Maybe aforementioned unborn child had it comin'.

This post completely fails. The laws are just depending on TRIMESTERS. If the baby is in it's first trimester, then murder counts as one person and abortion is legal. Beyond that, murders counts as two people and abortion is only used for life-saving operations (second trimester) or is illegal (third trimester). This post is comparing two different things.

@This post completely fails. The laws are just depending on TRIMESTERS. If the baby is in it's first trimester, then...

(Anonymous(:): I'm somewhat impressed it took this long to bring trimesters up. This is exactly what the law is about. I mother can still be committing murder is she is in second or third trimester.

@809409

Than that'd just be funny.

Babies that are aborted are just lumps of cells. They don't have brains. They don't have feelings.

damn str8

Pedo_Cats avatar Pedo_Cat Yeah You Are +1Reply

....no 200 comment debate?

Of course, when your side of the debate is losing in votes, you feel compelled to ridicule the poster's view in the comments. Js.

She can only legally kill her "baby" in the first trimester, and if she does have a late term abortion (except for a medical reason) then she can be charged with murder too. And if someone was to kill her in the first trimester while she was pregnant it's not two murders.

Something tells me you've seen that episode of Law and Order too. HA(:

Actually, this is only true in some states. In some it only counts as one murder. But the states that count it as two murders, it's usually done on purpose. They are trying to make a point and bring the hypocrasy of this country to the people's attention.

I don't think the murdered pregnant woman wanted her baby killed, and I don't think the woman getting an abortion did it just for the joy of killing fetuses.

@ClaireTheBozo I don't think the murdered pregnant woman wanted her baby killed, and I don't think the woman getting an abortion...

lol it doesnt matter what her purpose for killing the baby was.
Yeah, she probably didnt do it as a practical joke, that doesnt make it okay though. I mean, if i robbed a bank because i needed money, i might have a better motive, but that doesnt change the fact that robbing the bank in the first place is wrong.

you know what im saying?

@TheShamWowGuy lol it doesnt matter what her purpose for killing the baby was. Yeah, she probably didnt do it as a practical...

I suppose, but -- and the problem is its hard to use this as an argument because it's so politically incorrect -- if you were to rob a bank, you'd be taking money from other people and making them poorer, etc. If you were to have an abortion.... well, the baby doesn't disbenefit, but it's kind of like... throwing a blank piece of paper away. And I know that "blank piece of paper" is a "life", but it's not exactly human.
I don't know, it's really hard to argue the facts of abortion without people dismissing it as moral-less garbage, but thank you for being polite.

@ClaireTheBozo I suppose, but -- and the problem is its hard to use this as an argument because it's so politically incorrect --...

true.. but at the same time, who are we to decide whether a life is worth it or not. I mean, we are all humans.. what gives anyone the right to own another person as a slave for example?

I dont know, i simply believe that while the baby is a "blank piece of paper" .. its really a masterpiece waiting to happen. And i dont think that ANOTHER human being should have the power to decide if the baby is born or not.

@TheShamWowGuy true.. but at the same time, who are we to decide whether a life is worth it or not. I mean, we are all humans...

That's a good point. I guess I should have said this from the beginning, but I don't really believe in abortion unless it's like, needed. There's not a good way to define it, but for example, at the lightest, a high school girl who's entire future would be ruined by a baby, even with adoption (because adoption is not as easy as it sounds, to put it short.) In the most extreme cases, the ones like Lina Medina, who was pregnant at like 5 years old, because of early puberty and an evident unfortunate molestation. Basically, underage or in a state where giving birth would really screw you up, maybe you're really sick or frail or something.
Anyway, if you're like a poor woman in your 30s who could physically have a baby but not financially support it to raise it, I don't think you should be allowed to get an abortion. Like I said, giving a baby up to adoption is hard, but if you're old enough to physically have a baby, you should be old enough to take precautions...

@ClaireTheBozo That's a good point. I guess I should have said this from the beginning, but I don't really believe in abortion...

i agree with you. Some hardcore pro-lifers believe that abortion should not happen in any circumstances. But honestly, if the mother's life is in danger i fully support abortion to save the mother's life. Is it a perfect option? No. But it makes no sense to let the mother die so that her baby can live.

um.. there are other freak situations where i would side with abortion but for the most part, if you are in high school
1) you shouldnt be having sex until you are married. Its just not a smart move and 2) if you really have to have sex before marriage, then for the love of God get on the pill or use protection. It's not that difficult.

i like what you said though. "if you're old enough to physically have a baby, you should be old enough to take precautions"

@TheShamWowGuy i agree with you. Some hardcore pro-lifers believe that abortion should not happen in any circumstances. But...

indeed. I'll un-NW my vote though, because you made some pretty good points. And didn't resort to calling me "douche-cock" or anything.

@ClaireTheBozo indeed. I'll un-NW my vote though, because you made some pretty good points. And didn't resort to calling me...

hahaha i was gonna say the same to you. Usually someone yells at me and calls me an "ignorant southern conservative faggot"
Good to have a nice debate here and there :)

TheShamWowGuys avatar TheShamWowGuy Yeah You Are +1Reply

I kinda like these sort of debates. The obviously republican side of the debate doesn't want to accept the fact that an unborn fetus is a PART of the mother and an elderly dependent grandparent of 80+ years isn't. The potential mother should be allowed to do as she pleases because a baby at the wrong time can completely ruin a persons life (and yes I see this ruins the UNBORN fetus' life as well but it has no life yet)

@L09AN94 I kinda like these sort of debates. The obviously republican side of the debate doesn't want to accept the fact...

I like how you said the "Republican side". Republicans are not the only ones against abortions, Democrats, Independents, and many others don't support abortion.

I can also see the obviously democratic side of heartless people who allow taking away a life of a baby. Yes, it is taking away a life because that baby would have a life if it was killed.

@I can also see the obviously democratic side of heartless people who allow taking away a life of a baby. Yes, it is...

A sperm would have a life if it weren't for that damned condom in the way.
Weak argument. Try again.

But it's not taking away an actual life, it's taking away a potential life. That's the difference.