+287

Can deaf people hear their thoughts? amirite?

3 9

Well everyone in my family who is deaf was born that way, so ill ask, good question.. 25 years, i never thought to ask haha

Probably they can if they haven't been deaf their whole life. Otherwise their thoughts are likely in the form of images (sign language). It's part of why deaf people often are excellent artists. They are very used to visual communication.

wouldn't that just be called "thinking"

They think.
they just think more visually.

My family is deaf, im gonna ask my mom tomorrow, get back to you then :)

They proly see them as words.

I don't know... I think not because they never know what is sounds like, so i guess it would just be called 'thinking'

so like do they just hear since they cant so how do they think and solve problems in their heads>

Even deaf and blind are capable of complex thoughts. For example:
Helen Adams Keller (June 27, 1880 – June 1, 1968) was an American author, political activist, and lecturer. She was the first deaf blind person to earn a bachelor of arts degree