+378

Although the orchestral music suits the series perfectly, it would be rather interesting if Harry Potter had a soundtrack full of English classic rock, like Queen, the Who, or even Pink Floyd, amirite?

rapemasterflexs avatar
5 26
The voters have decided that rapemasterflex is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Every time a Horcrux is destroyed, they should break into "Another One Bites the Dust."

Retoosers avatar Retooser Yeah You Are +28Reply

i love queen, i love harry potter, but no. just no...

I can totally picture them using "Careful With That Axe, Eugene" in some parts.
Also, "Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?" would work as well.

UkuleleGirls avatar UkuleleGirl Yeah You Are +8Reply

what I want to know is how the Beatles were not listed in "English classic rock"...

@what I want to know is how the Beatles were not listed in "English classic rock"...

they don't really have any songs that I would put in harry potter. They are one of two of my favorite bands, but I don't see it working as well as these might.

rapemasterflexs avatar rapemasterflex Yeah You Are 0Reply

When Harry's on a roll they should play "Don't stop me now"

Keith moon is so awesome he gets TWO magic wands...and he hits stuff with em :D

Fattys avatar Fatty Yeah You Are +4Reply

I generally don't like songs in movies that weren't written for the movie. That includes that barf-worthy song in Deathly Hallows: part I.

@528491 the song when they were dancing?

Right. What happened to the beautiful John Williams music whenever there was an emotional scene?

@wobbuffet Right. What happened to the beautiful John Williams music whenever there was an emotional scene?

that song was so cheesey. I didn't think he was still doing the scores for harry potter and this is a little off topic but I love John williams' soundtrack for Schindler's list.

@528491 that song was so cheesey. I didn't think he was still doing the scores for harry potter and this is a little off...

Yeah, he left the franchise after movie 3, which is too bad. Schindler's List is a fantastic score. I'm also a big fan of Munich.

Haha. And all the songs are tailored to be about magic.

"I want to ride my firebolt, I want to ride my broom."

jordanhefners avatar jordanhefner Yeah You Are +2Reply

):<

@Katffro ):<

you like this idea, don't you?

@Katffro Actually, I don't. No offense.

i don't care. I just thought it would be interesting to see it happen, even though the fanbase would never allow it. the music is perfect the way it is.

and maybe some more modern stuff like arctic monkeys, the kooks, etc.

Sounds pretty freakin epic to me. y smilie

Black_No_1s avatar Black_No_1 Yeah You Are 0Reply

I think it would give the movies a completely different, more modern tone but it would definitely work it a cool, epic way.

I don't know about this. It's just that scores fit it more because if there were songs with lyrics I wouldn't take some of the scenes seriously :-/

I would watch it in this case

So Harry's in Umbridge's class and she's not doing any real teaching, everyone's just reading the textbook, and so he's all "WE DON'T NEED NO EDUCATION!"

Umbridge sends him to McGonagall and instead of saying 'have a biscuit, Potter' she's like "COME IN HERE, DEAR BOY, HAVE A CIGAR!"

Then later Ron's trying out for the Quidditch team and he totally sucks so Harry calls up Oliver Wood to say "HOW I WISH, HOW I WISH YOU WERE HERE..."

But then Ron actually becomes good at Quidditch and starts saving goals, he's allowed to go "CAN'T KEEP MY MIND FROM THE CIRCLING SKY!"

At that Christmas DA meeting Harry kisses Cho and she's crying, he tries to cheer her up by saying "YOU'RE THE KIND OF GIRL THAT FITS IN WITH MY WORLD..."

Then Harry thinks Sirius has been captured and he says to Snape 'He's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden!' Snape just goes "YOU'VE GOTTA BE CRAZY!"

Suddenly Sirius dies and Harry has to cope with losing someone who's been a father figure to him so he sings "THE CHILD IS GROWN, THE DREAM IS GONE..."

At the end after Harry's inspirational speech 'We have something worth fighting for' the others can just be like "FUCK ALL THAT." And go play wizard's chess.