+162

God made Adam and Eve naked, and didn't want them to be ashamed of their bodies, so it doesn't make sense that most 'christians' dislike nudity, amirite?

Beckiemaries avatar
0 22
The voters have decided that Beckiemarie is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Um, when sin entered the world, nudity became a temptation.

Rockys avatar Rocky No Way +2Reply

no it wasn't....are you on crack

@no it wasn't....are you on crack

I totally agree with Rocky. That was part of mans' punishment for sinning, Adam and Eve became ashamed of their whole bodies showing.

Gabbys avatar Gabby No Way 0Reply
@Gabby I totally agree with Rocky. That was part of mans' punishment for sinning, Adam and Eve became ashamed of their...

you are "adding to" the Word with your interpretation...careful there buckeroo.... it never says anywhere... i repeat anywhere this was their punishment for sinning.... the punishment came after "they knew they were naked"

@you are "adding to" the Word with your interpretation...careful there buckeroo.... it never says anywhere... i...

Read Genesis 3, in verse 7 it talks about how when they realized they were naked they covered themselves up, when before they had no problem with being naked.

Gabbys avatar Gabby No Way 0Reply
@Gabby Read Genesis 3, in verse 7 it talks about how when they realized they were naked they covered themselves up, when...

And yes, the punishment was when they were exiled from the garden, but that was where it started.

Gabbys avatar Gabby No Way 0Reply
@Gabby And yes, the punishment was when they were exiled from the garden, but that was where it started.

they knew they were naked i.e. came from the act of sinning, the knowledge is not the punishment as you state, that is your interpretation, you have added that to the clear text. leave the text as simply as it is stated in verse 7, in addition to "knowing they were naked" they "knew they had sinned", knowing you are naked and knowing you sinned is not sin... and knowing both those things is not punishment... keep reading to see what the punishment is... and like i said... be very very careful about "adding to" the Word with any interpretation... you are on very thin ice... you may want to reread the warnings about what happens when you do this

Once they ate the forbidden fruit, they became ashamed by their nudity and covered up. God made them naked and unashamed.

Beckiemaries avatar Beckiemarie Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Beckiemarie Once they ate the forbidden fruit, they became ashamed by their nudity and covered up. God made them naked and...

Right. That's how they were made in the beginning. I'm not trying to change anything either. But you can't take everyhting in the Bible so literally. WHen God said he loved the world in John 3:16, He didn't mean He just loved the land and the water. He meant that He loved the people on the earth.

Gabbys avatar Gabby No Way 0Reply
@Gabby Right. That's how they were made in the beginning. I'm not trying to change anything either. But you can't take...

the original Greek conveys the right meaning, you would not say land and water... don't assume 20th century english by interpretation has a lock on it

@the original Greek conveys the right meaning, you would not say land and water... don't assume 20th century english...

You take everything I say so literally. I'm fluent in Greek and I go to a Greek Orthodox Church. I know what the correct translation is, but if you go by that, then basically the whole Bible was written wrong, because a lot of Greek words have meanings that cannot be translated by using english vocabulary.

Gabbys avatar Gabby No Way 0Reply
@Gabby You take everything I say so literally. I'm fluent in Greek and I go to a Greek Orthodox Church. I know what the...

well if what you say is true then you would understand that the Greek of the apostolic scriptures is actually a hybrid that would better be called Jewish Greek and the best way to fully understand that is through context with the septuagent and the original Hebrew writings...and yes you can understand it within context and may take explanations in engish to convey all though but yes it can be done and not just literally

i don't mind nudity

True... the "act of sin" the desire to choose to live by the knowledge of good and evil instead of to live by the Tree Of Life, gave them that knowledge of their nakedness due to their newfound rules to live by

i do... clothes are a great thing.... man... very few people look good naked...i mean walk through walmart and imagine if all those people were naked... it would be like "clean up in aisle 9"

I believe in God, but I find it annoying how most christians take cetain parts of the bible to follow and disregard parts they don't like. But at the same time they keep saying how they follow the bible.

well said becks... my point exactly... Christians "add to" or "subtract from" to push their own ideas and agendas...wittingly or unwittingly... well meaning or not... that is what Yeshua basically hit the religious leaders of his day on... it's the same today

I think that it's only a sin if it takes our eyes off of God. I don't think nudity does this per se.

hi all :) whatsup

I love it how so many people know the story of Adam and Eve :)

I'm a Christian and I love to be naked!!!!!!

It's just seeing people of the opposite sex naked...that's where I have a problem (until I'm married, of course. Geez....can't wait!!!)

:D