-120

To help people get a better understanding of different cultures, the "foreign exchange student" program should be mandatory for all students around the world. Instead of visiting (like a tourist), the person would have to take on the responsibilities of the person they replaced so they can get a better feel of what people in other countries go through in their everyday life, amirite?

hellos avatar
2 12
The voters have decided that hello is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

mandatory? And where is all the money to fund this coming from? Interesting idea but ts execution would be impossible

It would sound like a good idea, but mandatory? I think not.

Sounds like a good idea but I dont think EVERYONE should do this. Like I know a lot of people who would just ruin the experience because they just suck. Like I cant fully explain

Jonesys avatar Jonesy No Way +15Reply

Unlike the others, I think it's just a plain horrible idea.

Besides all the money, not everyone wants to be cultured, some people are happy in their bubble. You can't just make a kid in school leave their family if the student, and family, doesn't want to.

It costs like $30,000 USD to be a foreign exchange student. Now think of all those people.

Taking in a foreign exchange student would be a great experience and opportunity but no way should it be mandatory. Just not possible.

Not enough money in education to make it mandatory.

I wouldn't mind visiting a different country with my family, but making it mandatory for me to live with a bunch of strangers on my own...I'd be extremely uncomfortable.

@Ihavea26inchpenis TL;DR

What does that mean?

hellos avatar hello Yeah You Are 0Reply