+299

Just because people have died from drinking Four Loco in excess does not mean it should be banned. It's simply natural selection doing its job. amirite?

OhSnapWords avatar
4 31
The voters have decided that OhSnapWord is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It's like banning fried food because obese people had heart problems and died.....everybody's just ruining everybody elses fun!

Kelliths avatar Kellith Yeah You Are +2Reply

Just smoke weed and you wont die

Four Lokos is probably the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. I just dont understand who would think it was a good idea to a put a stimulant and a depressant in the same can...

Hahaha wow. I'm christian too and christians have admitted that evolution and natural selection take place. Maybe you should update your info?

@830489

lol, so how do you explain the fact that weak animals die in the wild?

They're not just banned because they can prove fatal, but because they being sold to minors.

@830562

evolution and natural selection are two different things.

I agree with the first part of the post, but not the second.

well obviously, but the Church has

Four Lokos contain 12% alcohol, which is three times the amount of a regular beer. This high volume of alcohol combined with a high dose of caffeine makes them dangerous.

@DanielJames Four Lokos contain double the amount of caffeine compared to Red Bulls.

Vodka is usually 40% alchohol. That's over 3 times the amount of alcohol of Four Loko. Which is more dangerous?

ThatDylanGuys avatar ThatDylanGuy Yeah You Are 0Reply
@ThatDylanGuy Vodka is usually 40% alchohol. That's over 3 times the amount of alcohol of Four Loko. Which is more dangerous?

Regarding the combination of caffeine and alcohol, a high dose of caffeine is more dangerous than a high dose of alcohol.

"When alcohol and caffeine are combined, people have reported a reduction of the sensations typically associated with alcohol; this is believed to be a result of caffeine counteracting the depressive effects and keeping the individual more alert. This can lead to excess consumption of alcohol because the delayed feeling of drunkenness leads an individual to seek additional alcohol to obtain the same sensations as those found in previous encounters."

@DanielJames Regarding the combination of caffeine and alcohol, a high dose of caffeine is more dangerous than a high dose of...

So basically you could make a Vodka Redbull with more parts Red Bull and less parts vodka and get a similar effect?

@ThatDylanGuy So basically you could make a Vodka Redbull with more parts Red Bull and less parts vodka and get a similar effect?

It's not that simple but, essentially, yes. Four Loko has not revealed the caffeine content of their drinks. Some estimate that it is 160 mg (double Red Bull's 80 mg), while others estimate that it could be as high as 500 mg.

@DanielJames It's not that simple but, essentially, yes. Four Loko has not revealed the caffeine content of their drinks. Some...

Yeah I know it's not just remove x amount of vodka and insert y amount of Red Bull. My point is that similar things (even though they don't come mixed yet) are legal, so why should something combining the two for you be illegal?

@ThatDylanGuy Yeah I know it's not just remove x amount of vodka and insert y amount of Red Bull. My point is that similar things...

Because the amounts are DANGEROUS. If Four Loko had a lower caffeine content, then it would not be made illegal.

@DanielJames Because the amounts are DANGEROUS. If Four Loko had a lower caffeine content, then it would not be made illegal.

Didn't you state earlier that one could produce a similar effect using legal products?
(Well you didn't say it, but you agreed with my statement that similar effects could be produced with the right mix of Red Bull and Vodka.)

@ThatDylanGuy Didn't you state earlier that one could produce a similar effect using legal products? (Well you didn't say it, but...

Yes, but that does not mean these individual products should be made illegal. The fact Four Loko makes a product that is inherently dangerous is the reason it is being banned. I don't know how else to say that.

@DanielJames Yes, but that does not mean these individual products should be made illegal. The fact Four Loko makes a product...

I'm not saying the individual products should be made illegal. I'm saying that it doesn't make sense, at least to me, to ban something that's just as bad as doing something else that is legal.
(I hope that last statement made sense.)

@830775

You must not know very many people, then.

@831023

No need to act like a five year old.

@831068

I rest my case.

@831102

...says the person who said "stfu! i don't care what you say because i don't even know you, or want to."

@831023

(Youmademeink):

HopeImrites avatar HopeImrite Yeah You Are 0Reply

I must be a horrible person for agreeing with this...

12% is a bitch drink level, only thing dangerous is it being mixed or it would be a pussies drink. Just buy yourself some Stroh rum, it is 80%, and mix with some energy drink if you insist on not feeling so drunk so fast.

They should just lower the Caffine content so that it can be legal again. Then if you want to get the same level of fucked up you can just drink two

HopeImrites avatar HopeImrite Yeah You Are -2Reply