+96

You hate it when people who claim to "love music" listen to nothing but mainstream stuff , amirite?

oheylizs avatar Music
0 48
The voters have decided that oheyliz is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

You know what's worse than that, people who try and tell other people that they don't love music just because the don't like the right music.

music is music haha.

@Evan17 music is music haha.

Yeah , but people who want to say "they love music" or they know a lot about music and then listen to nothing but mainstream crap get really annoying . Or at least in my opinion . Aha .

oheylizs avatar oheyliz Yeah You Are -14Reply
@oheyliz Yeah , but people who want to say "they love music" or they know a lot about music and then listen to nothing but...

So people aren't entitled to enjoy the music they choose?

I enjoy a lot of mainstream music. Just because I don't listen to much indie stuff doesn't mean your taste is 'better' than mine, or that I don't appreciate it as much as you do.

Avoid this hipster thinking that if something is obscure it's better or more worthy than something popular.

AXiDEs avatar AXiDE No Way +23Reply
@AXiDE So people aren't entitled to enjoy the music they choose? I enjoy a lot of mainstream music. Just because I don't...

I wrote that post over a year ago and at the time I was a pretentious asshole, give me a break.

oheylizs avatar oheyliz Yeah You Are 0Reply

Also,

People are more than entitled to enjoy whatever music they want.

I too enjoy a lot of mainstream music, I just don't enjoy the people who refuse to listen to anything but what's considered "mainstream" because "if it's not in the charts, it must suck". I mean, yeah, a lot of "indie" or "underground" music does sucks. But then again, there's quite a bit that's really great too.

Nobodies taste in music is "better" than anyone else's because it's a personal thing.

At the top of my favorite artists? Eminem and 30 seconds to mars. Sure, both have gone slightly mainstream, but hell they got far more talent than a lot of lesser known "indie" bands. Talent should not be undermined because of success.

asdijojioiojioxjs avatar asdijojioiojioxj Yeah You Are +16Reply
@asdijojioiojioxj At the top of my favorite artists? Eminem and 30 seconds to mars. Sure, both have gone slightly mainstream, but...

I agree , I actually enjoy both of those artists , but there are many mainstream artists that have absolutely no talent whatsoever . That's what I was referring to when I posted this .

@oheyliz I agree , I actually enjoy both of those artists , but there are many mainstream artists that have absolutely no...

I can agree with that, I do hate when people are try to act all inde and then are all like
"music is LYF! 30h!3, phoenix, muse, my chemical romance, the killers!" (etc. etc.)

@asdijojioiojioxj I can agree with that, I do hate when people are try to act all inde and then are all like "music is LYF! 30h!3...

Exactly . That get's on my nerves . Because there are some people who do actually know of and listen to good non-mainstream music . Aha .

Lol I'm not a fan of music in general but do you even realise how silly you sound? Maybe they gave other music a chance but they didn't like it? People can't help what kind of music they like. And who says you have to love different types of music to be able to love it? If someone only loves mainstream music, they still love music. It's like telling someone who claims to love food, "no you don't coz you don't like MY favourite food"

Maybe that's the type of music they enjoy. Who the fuck are you to decide what music is the right kind?

@LittleRed Maybe that's the type of music they enjoy. Who the fuck are you to decide what music is the right kind?

Is nobody noticing the date of when this was posted?! Over a year ago.
At that time I was ignorant and pretentious and quite an asshole.
Give me a fucking break.

oheylizs avatar oheyliz Yeah You Are -1Reply

They can listen to whatever the fuck they want. Whether it's pop or rap or metal or rock or alternative, it's still music.

Okay, then what music must they like in order to "love music"?

Just because some people don't share the same musical interest as you doesn't mean they don't love
music

You don't have to only listen to underground to like music..

But when people say they love music usually they are telling the truth. Just because they may not listen to a variety doesn't mean they don't enjoy it...

I also hate it when they "love music," but they couldn't tell the difference between an eighth note and a quarter note.

awesomeguys avatar awesomeguy Yeah You Are +3Reply
@awesomeguy I also hate it when they "love music," but they couldn't tell the difference between an eighth note and a quarter note.

IKR ? I play 3 instruments and I sing and can read music without a problem and there are people who claim to "love music" that probably couldn't even tell you the difference between bass and treble . >.<

oheylizs avatar oheyliz Yeah You Are -6Reply
@oheyliz IKR ? I play 3 instruments and I sing and can read music without a problem and there are people who claim to "love...

One does not need to be a musician to be affected by the sound. If everyone could play an instrument, there would be too many people trying to be heard and not enough listeners.

@Hullabaloo One does not need to be a musician to be affected by the sound. If everyone could play an instrument, there would...

As I've said to someone above, this post and all of my comments were writen over a year ago. I was, at the time, a pretentious asshole. Give me a break.

I agree with most of what you said, but then again, I don't. I get your point but.. most people who're musicians also enjoy hearing other's music so I don't think there could ever be a shortage of "listeners".

I played flute and took chorus frlm 5th grade to Jr. Year and I can't tell you the difference, we never learned it. I'm actually not much a fan of listening to music, I. don't see how you are gonna hate when people who don't know about the characteristics of music that "claim" to like listening to it. Some people like playing it but not listening to it, some people like listening to it but not learning it. Doesn't mean they're not a fan.

If you love the red hot chili peppers, then you love good music. Nuff said.

Brambleclaw8s avatar Brambleclaw8 Yeah You Are +2Reply

I can usually find something I appreciate in all types of music.

forever27s avatar forever27 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@forever27 I can usually find something I appreciate in all types of music.

I can also . I honestly enjoy every genre of music but country . Haha .

@oheyliz I can also . I honestly enjoy every genre of music but country . Haha .

(ImElizabeth):me too and I always give songs I don't like more than one chance and try to find something I like from it but country is my least favorite too.. And I'm from the south so its pretty popular around here ha I just don't really like it.. Its pretty much all the same, just not as much talent in it... I also play a couple instruments and have taught piano. Music can do amazing things.

@forever27 (ImElizabeth):me too and I always give songs I don't like more than one chance and try to find something I like...

Mmmhhmm . I'm also from the South and I just don't understand why country music is so popular , because like you said it's pretty much all the same and there's hardly any talent needed to make it . Haha . Music can definitely do amazing things though . I probably would die without it , like I'm not kidding . Lol . Oh and what instruments do you play ?

It's also bad when those people aren't open minded when it comes to being introduced to new stuff. They don't even really give it a chance... it's like "wait, it's not on kiss 108? Alright, it sucks."

MaryKateBurnetts avatar MaryKateBurnett Yeah You Are +1Reply

Maybe music gets popular because people think it's good, not the other way round? For it to get into the charts in the first place some people must genuinely think it's good, and what is wrong with people liking different kinds of music from you? Indies/hipsters need to realise that some 'indie' music is so obscure and unknown because it's not actually that great. Before you say that people are foolish for thinking that music in charts is good JUST because it's popular, think how you are doing exactly the same thing by disregarding chart music JUST because it's popular.

@MCMudz4BigP Maybe music gets popular because people think it's good, not the other way round? For it to get into the charts in...

I actually like some of the music that's on the charts, but I also really enjoy music that isn't. The only people I find foolish are those who're closed-minded about listening to new music because "if it's not on the charts, it sucks".

People are allowed to listen to whatever they want. So if you like mainstream music, you don't like music? Who the fuck do you think you are to tell people that they are liking the wrong music? Do you know how ignorant you sound?

@People are allowed to listen to whatever they want. So if you like mainstream music, you don't like music? Who the...

OMFG. How many times do I have to say this? You people really need to stop attacking me. I made that post well over a year ago. I WAS ignorant then, and quite frankly I was also a bit of a pretentious asshole. Give me a break.

@oheyliz I'm done explaining myself. Fuck off.

yeah, that's a real mature thing to say. You're just saying that because you know you lost the argument,

@no

Trolling is supposed to be funny and you sir (or madame), are not funny. Therefor, I suggest you find a new hobby.

oheylizs avatar oheyliz Yeah You Are +1Reply
@trolling is very lame, though.

I think you need a new sense of humor, my friend.

@...

Trolls are funny..when they're actually trolling instead of being unoriginal assholes who try too hard. So, for the sake of not having to reply anymore, I'm going to say yes so you'll go find a new hobby.

@1673676

And you deserve to have people give you shit for this crappy post.

BTW look at my username.

Piano and organ though that are kinda alike ha. And guitar. I want to learn more I would love to be able to play a wide variety of instruments. What about you?

forever27s avatar forever27 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@forever27 Piano and organ though that are kinda alike ha. And guitar. I want to learn more I would love to be able to play a...

I play violin , piano , and guitar . But I would love to learn to play many different instruments . I plan on beginning to learn to play cello soon . ^-^