+742

Don't have sex with someone you can't imagine being connected to for the next 18 years and 9 months, amirite?

mchristies avatar
24 41
The voters have decided that mchristie is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

This is why it's AWESOME to be gay.

EduardVonBocks avatar EduardVonBock Yeah You Are +16Reply

Because you will get chlamydia.

and die

unprotected* sex

@DanielJames unprotected* sex

Apparently condoms only have an 85% chance at preventing pregnancy. Mainly due to breakage/slippage/etc. but STILL. Yes-use them. Yes-make sure you know the possible consequence.

(Hate to sound so preachy)

mchristies avatar mchristie Yeah You Are +14Reply
@mchristie Apparently condoms only have an 85% chance at preventing pregnancy. Mainly due to breakage/slippage/etc. but STILL...

It sucks that the prevention statistic is so low... I guess that's what the pill is for!

@I hate the pill. It can make you infertile!

That isn't actually proven... It's just a theory. In fact, the trouble some women are having while trying to get pregnant after taking the pill is normal. It can take 8 or more months to conceive once a couple starts to try for a child, whether the woman was recently taking the birth control pill or not.

Can I see some scientific research to back that up?

Condoms are 98% effective when you use them correctly. If you back up your birth control with something else, the chances of both of them failing as slim to none. Also keep in mind that oral sex, anal sex, and any type of sex with people of your same gender cannot ever get you pregnant.

that statistic also accounts for couples who don't use a condom every time they have sex. if you use a condom and use it right, you're at less of a risk.

obviously, shit happens

@that statistic also accounts for couples who don't use a condom every time they have sex. if you use a condom and...

"With no contraception, it is estimated that 85% of average couples who engage in regular intercourse will conceive within one year. The effectiveness of different contraceptive methods is usually described in terms of "perfect use" (annual rates of pregnancy among couples who use the method correctly at every act of intercourse) and "typical use" (pregnancy rates among average users in retrospective trials or clinical studies)."

(http://ask.metafilter.com/14956...s-in-pregnancy)

mchristies avatar mchristie Yeah You Are +1Reply
@DanielJames unprotected* sex

No. Abstinence is the only 100% way to prevent pregnancy. You could be that 1% where the condom breaks and the pill fails.

or just don't be retarded and use protection.

why should i have to think of my accident child as a haunting of my one night stand? that's fucking sad

@why should i have to think of my accident child as a haunting of my one night stand? that's fucking sad

right? if i got pregnant, i would be screwed money wise but it would be a gift

@right? if i got pregnant, i would be screwed money wise but it would be a gift

Are you just have a conversation with yourself now...? Before you argue, my notifications say otherwise... but whatever, have at it! hahaha

mchristies avatar mchristie Yeah You Are -2Reply

I'm aware. But there's also adoption and single parenthood. You shouldn't necessarily just avoid sex for fear of having to spend the next two decades attached to that person. It's a valid point, but a bit extreme

@spearmintkisses I'm aware. But there's also adoption and single parenthood. You shouldn't necessarily just avoid sex for fear of...

Woh, I am NOT one to avoid sex here. I just believe you should be aware of the consequences. In the slight chance protection fails, you will more than likely end up being connected to this sexual partner for the remainder of the child's life. Not a reason to stop having sex, but something to think about and consider. I truly believe most unexpected parents will step up and be decent enough, respectively, but it probably is notttt the best idea to sleep a bipolar, unemployed, narcissist because he's hot. Can you imagine sharing a child with that? Ughh, No Thank You.

As for single parenthood... why would I WANT my child to grow up not knowing his/her father? Even if the father did not want to accept responsibility... you can be damn well sure I'll receive child support, thus connected us for 18 years.

mchristies avatar mchristie Yeah You Are 0Reply

Yes! There is adoption. There is also abortion. Also, you could have the other parent take care of the child and pay child support. There are lots of options.

Oh I definitely agree with you. On the note of single parenthood/child support, it just works for some families. My real dad never paid child support and makes a half ass effort to get to know me twice a year. I don't feel like my life is terribly lacking because I don't have a special bond with this guy.
It may not be an ideal situation but plenty of single parents pull it off amazingly all on their own.

But I definitely agree that it's super important to consider the consequences :)

Great here comes a bunch annoying little girls and adult preaching about abstinence...

@Nicole_Anonymous Great here comes a bunch annoying little girls and adult preaching about abstinence...

Hey I'm not preaching abstinence at all, Believe you me, just be conscience of your sex partner and the possible commitment.

I'm not saying everyone is preaching. I'm just saying its pretty annoying when all the adults preach about how todays youth whores around and all we do is have sex with everyone we date after a couple of days.

@spearmintkisses abortion ftw

"it can cost anywhere from $200 to $1,000 depending upon age and how far along you are"

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_m...#ixzz1Bth7r7Kr

Oh and the whole MURDER thing...

mchristies avatar mchristie Yeah You Are -3Reply
@mchristie "it can cost anywhere from $200 to $1,000 depending upon age and how far along you are" Read more:...

I'm aware it's expensive, but not nearly as expensive as raising a child for 18 years. And you know. I'm a heartless murderous bitch so it's 'kay.

@spearmintkisses I'm aware it's expensive, but not nearly as expensive as raising a child for 18 years. And you know. I'm a...

As far as finances go, you'd be surprised to find out that some girls, if they even want the child, cannot afford the abortion compared to having the child because, most likely, family members are more prone to help with money for a child than for the procedure.
In addition, in a paycheck to paycheck family two hundred dollars a month for a baby is more economical than a one time payment of a grand, assuming it would be their first pregnancy.

PLUS they may wait too long, or if underage, do not have parental permission.

@mchristie As far as finances go, you'd be surprised to find out that some girls, if they even want the child, cannot afford...

Are you saying that choosing childbirth over abortion is better financially? Are you serious?

Actually 10 months... Just saying.