fuckoffwhores avatar
14 38

Well, there was something done that was close.A psycho mom locked her daughter up in a dark room with no human contact until police found her I think 6 or 7 years later. And the girl had basically become mentally retarted.Because I guess after a certain stage in your life, it becomes really hard to learn new languages, or in this girl's case, pretty much impossible to learn one. That's why little kids learn new languages so fast.
But there was another story about a girl who was literally raised by dogs...and she barked and crawled just like them.TLC has the weirdest shows...haha

@reeree Well, there was something done that was close.A psycho mom locked her daughter up in a dark room with no human...

The ones raised by animals are generally called feral children, because they haven't been brought up in the normal "human" way, but like a wild animal. I don't know what it's called with those cases of isolation though

@922604 (reeree): In my sociology classes we learned about a handful of feral children, many being raised by monkeys and dogs. We also saw a case where a boy was saved around the age of 6 or 7 and how he grew up learning the culture and language of the native people. He did learn, but only to the level of a 5th grader.

soccer8Ds avatar soccer8D Yeah You Are +1Reply

im talkin about the if they were all together and knew nothing of the outside world. but theres this dude i think his name is spelled sigmond freud im not sure you could google father of psychology but anyways he locked one of his daughters in a closet and did a whole bunch of whack studies on her

fuckoffwhores avatar fuckoffwhore Yeah You Are 0Reply
@fuckoffwhore im talkin about the if they were all together and knew nothing of the outside world. but theres this dude i think...

Freud is pretty much discredited now because a lot of his stuff is out of date and he is rather sexist. He believed that young girls through a stage where they envy their fathers for having a penis and are mad at their mothers because they dont-or some shit like that. His stuff regarding dreams is interesting though.

@Freud is pretty much discredited now because a lot of his stuff is out of date and he is rather sexist. He believed...

his work is still the base of a lot of things today, and he created the practice psychoanalysis for treating psychopathology and yeah i read that in this book i had to read for a book report haha anyway i was agreeing people do whack shit to their kids and sharing a story about someone well known

They don't develop an inner voice (what you "hear" when you think) and therefore hunt for food and reject society. There's been a couple of studies...I had to read them for English to better understand Frankenstein.

@They don't develop an inner voice (what you "hear" when you think) and therefore hunt for food and reject society...

(...): wow thats weird... but wouldnt it be cool to watch them evolve, form language and see how long it takes for them to learn how to reproduce? what kind of other stuff did you learn? im very interested(:

fuckoffwhores avatar fuckoffwhore Yeah You Are +1Reply
@fuckoffwhore (...): hey!!! respond to me! im interested!!

i would say people don't evolve, but that might atrack scrantoncity :P

@yddraigarian i would say people don't evolve, but that might atrack scrantoncity :P

i dont think we do anymore because we dont need to. what natural predators do we have to get rid of certain characteristic and add others?

Hmm language isn't the only way of communication. I'd assume they would as a group form their own way to communicate using gestures, noises, and facial expression.

@922590

Oh wow, what happened after the children had been discovered? Did they try and assimilate them or just let them be? : / Although it's very interesting, I guess it's also like how many sets of twins have their own "twin language".

@922590

whoa link please?
that's very interesting.

TalkingRices avatar TalkingRice Yeah You Are 0Reply

I read an article online, that without words your brain can't think certain ways. Like if there is no word for directions in your vocabulary you get lost easily because your inner dialogue can't think "okay, It's left from here"

kayawithpigs avatar kayawithpig Yeah You Are +2Reply

"raise a group of humans" You make them sound like pets...

nantsingonyamas avatar nantsingonyama Yeah You Are +2Reply
@fuckoffwhore haha it does. er... i do.

I mean, it would still be intersting to see the results, but there is no plausiable, yet still ethical way to really do it.

nantsingonyamas avatar nantsingonyama Yeah You Are -1Reply
@fuckoffwhore imagine the shit the researchers would get if they tried it

Especially since they already get enough of it with already government approved experiments that you wouldn't think would be that controversial.

nantsingonyamas avatar nantsingonyama Yeah You Are 0Reply

I read a book called The Third Chimpanzee by Jared Diamond (a noted biologist) and in it he discusses (among other topics) the evolution of language. He cited several fascinating cases. I have a hard time remembering them now but I vaguely remember something about an isolated community of children developing their own language. They might have been deaf and it might have been sign language. In any case, human communities have a tendency to naturally develop modes of communication. As long as the members of the community can interact with each other, I don't think they would experience much mental retardation.

@I read a book called The Third Chimpanzee by Jared Diamond (a noted biologist) and in it he discusses (among other...

(Your name (optional)): makes sense. we are social creatures. i dont think they would have mental retardation either but i think they would be more instinctive and less psychological

fuckoffwhores avatar fuckoffwhore Yeah You Are -1Reply

Now all we have to do is evolve mentally. As a species were dumbing down.

th3dons avatar th3don Yeah You Are +1Reply
@th3don Now all we have to do is evolve mentally. As a species were dumbing down.

i think were gonna keep evolving mentally in our stupid way destroy and corrupt our society then start all over from a less materialistic more help people not get what you want out of them POV

i always wondered what would happen if you just locked up a group of new born babies(or any human with no prior human contact)in a secluded environment with resources, just to see how they would survive and how they would interact with each other.

soccer8Ds avatar soccer8D Yeah You Are 0Reply

I was totally wondering about this the other day! Freaky...

Look up Genie, "the wild child." She spent thirteen years of her life locked up without any communication. That should answer your question.

@ARainbowZebra here's the wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genie_(feral_child)

that was talking about jinn i was to lazy to read it through it i just skimmed but i didnt see anything about this, the end of the link says feral_child is that when a human is raised by animals? im not sure but if it is then i was talking about how humans are when they dont have anything at all to influence them

fuckoffwhores avatar fuckoffwhore Yeah You Are -2Reply
@fuckoffwhore that was talking about jinn i was to lazy to read it through it i just skimmed but i didnt see anything about this...

for some reason the feral child part didn't link, but if you copy and paste it into your browser it works.
it pretty much talked about how her dad locked her in her room until she was about thirteen with barely any human contact, so she acted like she had several mental disabilities.

ARainbowZebras avatar ARainbowZebra Yeah You Are -1Reply
@ARainbowZebra for some reason the feral child part didn't link, but if you copy and paste it into your browser it works. it...

oh i thought a feral child was one that had been raised by animals cuz of what someone else commented. thats interesting that she would be that bad. i mean obviously shed be pretty bad but its interesting the way she was, but she would have been different if she hadnt been abused and able to move around

I know this might be slightly off topic, but in one of the more recent bat girl comics they did that to her. Like her dad didn't allow no one to talk to her, and he just taught her to fight. So she was better at reading peoples actions and facial expressions, and she was an amazing fighter. I know its fiction, but I still think its pretty cool.

NARNIAs avatar NARNIA Yeah You Are -1Reply

I saw an article about a man who tried this a couple hundred years ago, he fed and cared for around a dozen babies equally, but the nurses were instructed not to make any sort of noise around them, not even humming. The babies never heard any sort of human sound, and after they hit the age of one they died individually from no known cause.

@guidetolife I saw an article about a man who tried this a couple hundred years ago, he fed and cared for around a dozen babies...

strange. he probably took shit care of them, seeing as to how anyone would do that is completly crazy.

Anonymous