+151

When you think of an American, you picture a white guy in the busy streets of a bustling city; not a Native worshipping wolves at a bonfire. When you think of an African, you picture a Native hunting an antelope with a spear; not a white guy in the bustling streets of a city, amirite?

Hullabaloos avatar Life
6 14
The voters have decided that Hullabaloo is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

"If you're from Africa, why are you white?" "Oh my god. Karen! You can't just go around asking people why they're white."

@Emperorerror Yes, what's the problem?

I'm pretty sure it is a reference from Mean Girls. I think he was confused because it is a popular movie among the young teenagers of today.

CanadiaNDPs avatar CanadiaNDP Yeah You Are +1Reply

Actually, I think of an emaciated little boy that needs to be fed.

To be fair, there are way more black people than white people in Africa (except in South Africa). But you're right, there are plenty of middle-class people in cities and developed towns than most Americans/Europeans realize.

@To be fair, there are way more black people than white people in Africa (except in South Africa). But you're right...

There are still way more black people than white people in South Africa just so you know

@There are still way more black people than white people in South Africa just so you know

Why was I just downvoted for stating a fact?
It's not like I was criticising anonymous but there's like 4 black people to every white person in SA, it's always been that way. People just think there are more white people because the white people tend to be wealthier and therefore more prolific.

@Why was I just downvoted for stating a fact? It's not like I was criticising anonymous but there's like 4 black...

It could also be that SA is really far south, so they think people should look like White Americans because they're on a similar latitude, not realising that White people came from Britain, much further north.

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are 0Reply