+834

Your car is Japanese. Your pizza is Italian. Your beer is German. Your wine is Spanish. Your democracy is Greek. Your coffee is Brazilian. Your tea is Chinese. Your watch is Swiss. Your fashion is French. Your shirt is Indian. Your shoes are Thai. Your radio is Korean. Your vodka is Russian. And you complain about your neighbor being an immigrant? amirite?

Kristaxxs avatar
83 47
The voters have decided that Kristaxx is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Only if they're illegal. And I drive a Ford.

Kevinmats avatar Kevinmat No Way +20Reply
@Kevinmat Only if they're illegal. And I drive a Ford.

And since he never said illegal you have no reason to vote "No Way", yet you did. It's weird, isn't it?

@850289

Did you accidentally write "not" because the sentence "since OP didn't specify, this post does not apply to all immigrants" does not make sense.Try to rewrite your comment 'cause it's kinda confusing.

@850326

My point was that it was wrong of him to assume that OP was thinking of illegal immigrants when OP didn't write anything about illegal. If he was just unsure whether OP was talking about illegals specifically or about any immigrants including illegals he just shouldn't have voted instead of NW'ing.

@My point was that it was wrong of him to assume that OP was thinking of illegal immigrants when OP didn't write...

The world isn't going to end if he no way'd a post. Drop it, I have never come across a more useless argument.

@LAKERSoverHEAT The world isn't going to end if he no way'd a post. Drop it, I have never come across a more useless argument.

I didn't start the argument I just pointed it out, I agree with you that the argument is silly but that's really hans2941's fault not mine.

@actually, YOU started it. how old are you? 8?

I pointed something out, hans2941 made a counterpoint and thereby started the argument. You probably decided to go with 8 because you're only 12 yourself, go fuck yourself.

@850326

@850326 (hans2941): Thanks Hans, you understood where I was coming from. Seeing as the OP didn't specify legal or illegal immigrants, his post encompasses both, thus making it incorrect in my case.

i agree if they're illegal i dont care but if its vice versa we have a huge problem

SoftballSweeties avatar SoftballSweetie Yeah You Are -5Reply

I don't own a car, but my parents car is German. My pizza is made by middle easterns. I don't drink beer. I don't drink wine. My democracy isn't Greek, in ancient Greece only men who aren't slaves could vote and they had direct democracy and not representative. I don't drink coffee. I don't drink tea. I've got a phone, what do I need a watch for? The shirt I've wearing right now is from Thailand. How do I know which country my shoes are made in? I haven't used a radio for like three years now. I don't drink vodka.

@UrkiN I don't own a car, but my parents car is German. My pizza is made by middle easterns. I don't drink beer. I don't...

The USA (I'm assuming that is where you are) obviously didn't copy the Greek democracy entirely. They took the concept of a democracy - you know, like popular sovereignty, where the power is with the people. And for a very long time, only men who weren't enslaved in America could vote. And furthermore, didn't the Puritans use a direct democracy? And they were basically the first settlers in the New World, they shaped the very foundation of America's government. So, yes; your democracy is Greek.

@The USA (I'm assuming that is where you are) obviously didn't copy the Greek democracy entirely. They took the...

I never said I'm American, I'm Swedish. We don't have the same history as the US so no, my democracy isn't Greek but thank you for telling me that it is.

@Hey, no need for sass. It was an innocent assumption.

Don't be cocky if you're making assumptions then... I'm just treating people the way they treat me.

Nowhere in the US Constitution does it say the word 'democracy.' The United States has a 'republican' form of government. It says so in the Constitution.

http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A4Sec4.html

@Nowhere in the US Constitution does it say the word 'democracy.' The United States has a 'republican' form of...

The US is a Representative Democracy, which I believe is a type of Republic. I may be wrong. I do not live in the US, I've only studied their government.

Well, obama's a democrat, so that would make it a democracy, wouldn't it? I'm not sure here, just guessing cuz I'm Canadian

Kluklayus avatar Kluklayu Yeah You Are -6Reply
@Kluklayu Well, obama's a democrat, so that would make it a democracy, wouldn't it? I'm not sure here, just guessing cuz I'm...

it's pretty much always been a democracy in the U.S. Not because of Obama. It doesn't matter if the president is democratic or republican. The U.S. is still a democracy.

@it's pretty much always been a democracy in the U.S. Not because of Obama. It doesn't matter if the president is...

It's a democracy if the people are ruling the country. In the US the president makes all the decisions, he or she only takes advices from other people. In most cases he or she will follow these advices but it doesn't change the fact that he or she is controlling the country all by him or herself.

Yes, I know, you vote for the president and it sort of makes it a democracy but I believe it's a lot like South Park said, you choose between either a douche and a turd. Whatever you choose the outcome will often be negative in a lot of areas.

@UrkiN It's a democracy if the people are ruling the country. In the US the president makes all the decisions, he or she...

The president of the US can hardly make decisions all by him/herself. It has to pass through the Senate and House of Reps first. One of the major principles of the US Constitution is popular sovereignty, which means that the power is with the citizens of the country. They have limited government and a system of checks and balances to prevent power corruption (i.e, the president making all the decisions).

the words democracy/democrat and republic/republican don't have much to do with each other, other than the obvious. :/

@the words democracy/democrat and republic/republican don't have much to do with each other, other than the obvious. :/

Guess that makes sense, were still democratic whether the goverent is conservative, liberal, NDP, bloc or green

Kluklayus avatar Kluklayu Yeah You Are -1Reply

Everyone gets confused about democracy and democrat and republic and republican. If we have a republican as president, it is still a democracy, and if we have a democrat as president, it is still a democracy. I'm really not getting involved in any argument just setting you straight.

@850347

China and the battery was made in Singapore.

People, op isn't saying that those are the only countries that make those things, hes just pointing out that we lived in a globalized world where everyone has to interact. Op just named a few of the countries that make things we use in everyday lives, and that without trading with other countries we would still be very primitive and not have as much technology as we do today. Also, we would all do well to remember that unless you're a Native, you are descendants of immigrants

Kluklayus avatar Kluklayu Yeah You Are +16Reply

Yeah, nobody cares about legal immigrants. Its the illegal ones everyone has their panties in a bunch over.

@th3don Yeah, nobody cares about legal immigrants. Its the illegal ones everyone has their panties in a bunch over.

I don't really know the situation with illegal immigrants, but a while ago I heard that illegal immigrants are getting free healthcare or something. If that is the case, then it does make sense to be mad that someone who is illegal who is getting free healthcare when someone who is legal isn't getting any. Not sure if this is the case,but ignore this if it isn't.

I actually want to remind you that some people are just disturbed by immigrants, any and all. They hate how they are different and cant speak english and stuff..

...and the rest of the stuff you own was made in China.

American pizza is far from authentic Italian pizza. My tea is Middle Eastern.

What one man invented has nothing to do with a person completely unrelated to them living right next to you. Start thinking about people as individuals and not belonging to a certain group.

(Illegal)

I don't know about anyone else here, but my tea is Indian.

And my grandparents were foreign. And so were all of your ancestors, except for those who are Native American. Problem, "Americans"?

@And my grandparents were foreign. And so were all of your ancestors, except for those who are Native American...

When you posted this comment, I got a notification that said "you commented on one of your favorite posts" I was extremely confused because I never commented on it. Do you do that on purpose? It's quite clever.

fEMMAnists avatar fEMMAnist Yeah You Are 0Reply

My comments got deleted but I have no idea why because they said basically the same thing as at least two other commenters here.

my penis is european!!! HAHAHA

@my penis is european!!! HAHAHA

Amirite's finest example of maturity.

@my penis is european!!! HAHAHA

Mine has just got back from uranus.

Stolen from Facebook. Aren't you just awesome?