+240

Homophobic people make you angry , amirite?

oheylizs avatar
1 32
The voters have decided that oheyliz is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Yes, but like anyone else, they are entitled to their own opinions.

Sometimes. I got pretty pissed when I heard this lady compare gay people to heroin addicts. And this other lady think that gay people aren't allowed at our private boarding school...mainly because of their ignorance. Both of these people are Mormons though, so thats what they were raised on or whatever

MyHotHotJams avatar MyHotHotJam Yeah You Are +7Reply

Yes, and I'm not even gay.

GiggityGoo22s avatar GiggityGoo22 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@GiggityGoo22 Yes, and I'm not even gay.

Why do people have to specify that they're not gay when they talk about LGBTQ issues? It's like "I'M NOT GAY, AND EVEN I KNOW DISCRIMINATION IS WRONG!!"
Like, of course you know discrimination is wrong. You don't get a cookie or a trophy for doing what EVERYONE SHOULD BE DOING as a requirement for BEING A DECENT HUMAN.

Shut up asshole no one was asking for a cookie. I also didn't say anything about thinking discrimination being wrong. I was agreeing that homophobics, people that do nothing to me and have nothing to do with me do make me angry. Some people don't care that others hate gays. I'm not one of those people. Yeah, everyone should think it's wrong, but they don't, therefore I specified. So fuck off.

GiggityGoo22s avatar GiggityGoo22 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1787437

They have the right to believe what they want, and I have the right to take offense at their opinion, just like I take offense when someone says my major is a waste of time.

@1787437

What is your major?

@1787437

Not gonna lie if that's what you are commonly told, your major is probably a waste of time

@1787437

I was going to make a response, but that would be leading even more off topic. I was using an example. The point is, you have the right to your opinion, and those you express it to have the right to be angered by it.

@1787437

WHATS YOUR MAJOR!

i have gay friends, it doesnt mean i have to support them getting married (which i dont), am i a homophobe?

@Child_Of_Gallifrey i have gay friends, it doesnt mean i have to support them getting married (which i dont), am i a homophobe?

If you want your friends to continue to be me marginalized and treated like second-class citizens, I doubt they're your real friends. Remember, Rick Santorum said he had lots of gay friends too.

ExtantDodos avatar ExtantDodo Yeah You Are +24Reply

I have black friends, it doesnt mean I have to support them getting married to white people (which I don't), am I a racist?

sparesecondss avatar spareseconds Yeah You Are +17Reply

What? Did you not notice I was being satirical towards the first comment? Haha it's literally word by word what the first guy said, but I substituted gay for black. I made that outlandish comment to point out how stupid the first one was! Your sarcasm detector is off, I'm not actually a racist, but that comment sure makes me seem like I am right? That's the point I was trying to make.

sparesecondss avatar spareseconds Yeah You Are +8Reply

The English language is very versatile and contains many examples of deviations from traditional conventions. Homophobia is one of them.

ExtantDodos avatar ExtantDodo Yeah You Are +6Reply

Not really. A "homophobe" is colloquial for someone who discriminates against gays. Kinda like how homosexual is the correct name for a guy who likes guys but we also call him gay, even though gay means happy.

sparesecondss avatar spareseconds Yeah You Are +3Reply

If you think that people who aren't straight should have less rights, then that's discrimination. End of story.

No, you're not being persecuted at all or discriminated against. The belief that homosexual couples shouldn't be allowed to get married is discriminatory. If you believe they deserve love and freedom like the rest of us then why don't you think they should be able to get married? I don't really know what you mean by disagreeing with their choices, being gay isn't a choice.

SpearmintMilks avatar SpearmintMilk Yeah You Are +2Reply

No, it's really not a choice. You don't seem to understand this. No one chooses to be attracted to someone, be it male, female, child, dog, bridge, whatever. No one chooses that; attraction stems from your brain chemistry. What a person chooses to do is have sex or molest. Having gay relationships is a choice. Being gay is not.

And if you do not like someone's choice and freedom to find love, that says you clearly do not think they "they deserve love and freedom just like the rest of us". So I don't see why you are so shocked people think you are a homophobe.

sparesecondss avatar spareseconds Yeah You Are +2Reply

They aren't saying that you can't have that opinion, just that the one you have is discriminatory.

SpearmintMilks avatar SpearmintMilk Yeah You Are +1Reply

But they don't even know me, they're making a snap judgement off of one belief then labeling me a "homophobe". Is isn't that discrimination too? Just because I think something is not a reason to label me and persecute me. Just like Homosexuals should not be persecuted either. They deserve love and freedom just like the rest of us and I know that. I just disagree with their choices.

Sorry, spareseconds, I actually noticed the satire after I had already posted the comment. I have used that tactic before too. It can be hard to distinguish because backwards conservatives can truly believe in the most outrageous things, and many today are still racist.

ExtantDodos avatar ExtantDodo Yeah You Are -1Reply

Anon, aren't you discriminating against me right now? If it's about less rights then don't I have a right to my opinion which you are attempting to tell me I cannot have?

By the very nature of the word homophobe, what it means is being afraid of homosexuals. Arachnophobia doesn't mean discrimination (or whatever the equivalent term is) of arachnids, it means you're scared of them. As for homosexuals being called gay, the meaning of the word gay has changed. The main definition of the word is now homosexual, not happy. Words don't always mean what they originally did. For example, 'glow' originally meant red and warm.

except being gay IS a choice. so is being straight. all emotion is a choice. there are people who are "naturally" attracted to small children, does that make it "not a choice" when they molest them?

You're not necessarily homophobe, you'd have to be afraid of homosexuals to be a homephobe ;__;

spareseconds, that is quite an outdated belief in the western world today, that two races shouldn't marry each other. Love is colorblind. Sorry your thinking is lagging behind the rest of the modern world.

ExtantDodos avatar ExtantDodo Yeah You Are -5Reply