+189

It's weird how the Extreme Conservatives say they stand for less Government when they are the ones who want the government to; stop the building building of mosques, interfere with Gay marriage, stop the gay lifestyle, stop abortions, make everyone follow the bible, and to enforce a Christianized lifestyle. Amirite?

10 62

Yep. These are the same people who rant and rave about how the government is taking away their freedoms, and then turn around and try to take away the freedoms of anyone who isn't a heterosexual, Christian male.

Zeerusts avatar Zeerust Yeah You Are +11Reply

Republicans only want less government when it comes to economy, they love it when the government snoops around in your private life. The people who want less government on all accounts are called libertarians.

@Double_hawk Hey that's what I am! :D

There is a difference between being very conservative and Christian. I have atheist friends who are conservative and democratic friends who are christian

Not all Christians are Conservative. Not all Conservatives are Christian. Stop linking the two and making generalizations about both groups of people.

@PurpleKneeSox Not all Christians are Conservative. Not all Conservatives are Christian. Stop linking the two and making...

I never said all Conservatives. I said Extreme Conservatives. The majority of extreme conservatives are Fundamentalist Christians. So much so, that it wouldn't be a generalization.
:D
.

@PurpleKneeSox Who are you to define 'the majority'? It's still a generalization.

"Who are you to define 'the majority'?"
Well by your definition then, most of things things we state are a generalization, right?

"12 years olds are uneducated in quantum mechanics"
Well no, can't ever say that then, because there will always be child prodigies.

@"Who are you to define 'the majority'?" Well by your definition then, most of things things we state are a...

The statement is irrelevant.
The word 'some' can help avoid dissent among your readers; simply letting people know that your post does not apply to the entire group prevents these kind of responses.

That is why I dumped the Republican party and became a Libertarian!

You can't say that following the Bible and enforcing Christianity have anything to do with government because there's something called "the separation of church and state" in the U.S. government, which means that religious matters and political matters are completely separate. Hence the First Amendment in the Bill of Rights, which states that the government will not interfere with religious matters.

I see your point with everything but the whole "make everyone follow the bible". It's not like they ever proposed a bill saying that Christianity must be the only religion that you can follow. I mean seriously, where the hell did that come from?

@I see your point with everything but the whole "make everyone follow the bible". It's not like they ever proposed a...

If you look at the majority of their actions and policies, they come out as Christian favoring and supporting, and thusly can be seen as enforcing.

@If you look at the majority of their actions and policies, they come out as Christian favoring and supporting, and...

Okay I see where y'all are coming from.. But I don't think their policies can only be seen in Christianity. I'm sure you'll see the same kind of stuff in Judaism, or Islam.

It's weird how liberals has the prefix 'liber' when all they do is steal your money and give it out as they see fit

@It's weird how liberals has the prefix 'liber' when all they do is steal your money and give it out as they see fit

You're right. Those damn liberals always taking our hard earned money! Why should we pay for roads, education, the elderly, or anything else? Even if we receive most of the benefits! It's dumb how we have to pay to live in a country where we get free education, social security, and protection from one of the best militaries in the world. Simply rediculous!

(see how dumb that sounds?)

ThatDylanGuys avatar ThatDylanGuy Yeah You Are -3Reply
@ThatDylanGuy You're right. Those damn liberals always taking our hard earned money! Why should we pay for roads, education, the...

Free education? Sure, but if you want an actual college degree, then you have to pay. Protection from the best military in the world? You've literally got to be fucking kidding with me. So now it's "free protection"? Last time I checked, you were against the war, thought conservatives were war loving jerks, and wanted to pull out our armies... And learn to spell... being biased doesn't affect your grammar...

@BronySystem Free education? Sure, but if you want an actual college degree, then you have to pay. Protection from the best...

Sorry for my bad spelling. And yeah college costs a lot of money. I meant that elementary, middle school/jr. high, and high school are free (in the sense that taxes pay for them, instead of each person having to pay for their education). Yes I consider our military to be one of the best in the world. Have you noticed that although there have been many threats of terrorist attacks, we have had surprisingly few? (Few if you take into account that the people committing the terrorist attacks hate us so much.)
If you read my post again, you'll realize that I never said I was a liberal. I was just calling the guy out for being so anti-tax. Like them or not, we need taxes to pay for things, and blaming liberals for all them is just stupid.
Once again, forgive any grammar errors I have made.

ThatDylanGuys avatar ThatDylanGuy Yeah You Are +1Reply

Doesn't that make you against Christianity?

@857803

"Nice, twist the words of every single republican out there."Face palm

"EVERY Republican"?
Hold up...

It didn't say all conservatives. it said "the Extreme Conservatives."
Maybe if you paid more attention while reading the post, you wouldn't have overreacted with a post that was unneeded.

Nice, twist the meaning of a post, will you? -_-

@862571

U MAD??

SpearmintMilks avatar SpearmintMilk Yeah You Are 0Reply
@862571

"I'd remember if I'd said something."

Read your post will you? It's the first 10 words. You DID say it.
And because you can't remember it and continue to deny it, shows how much of a fail your argument is.
I LOVE how your first post shot down your reply.

Genies avatar Genie Yeah You Are 0Reply
@857803

According to quite a few religious scholars "homosexuality" doesnot have the same meaning now as it did back then...I cannot remember the exact word...something to do with an older man and a child? Anyway, it doesn't mean two people of the same sex in a committed relationship. Also, not all gays have anal sex.

@858206

Maybe they want the rights associated with marriage? If a civil union actually manageto give the exact same rights, then that would be ok--but they generally don't in regards to same-sex marriage. And yes it says the man lie with woman thing, but it also says homosexual in the bible.

@858767

actually civil unions and domestic partnerships don't have the same rights as a marriage here's a link that shows the differences: http://lesbianlife.about.com/cs...nvmarriage.htm

@858767

As Mausland said, domestic partnerships and civil unions DO NOT grant the same rights as marriages. If they did I wouldn't be here arguing.

@858767

More specific--heterosexual civil unions/marriages may grant all the same rights, but gay civil unions do not.

@859272

Because seventeen year olds aren't generally taken very seriously.

@862549

You told me to appeal to the gov't about gay domestic partnership rights. I said that I am seventeen, hence I am not really listened to. That makes sense.

@857812

There are no plans to build a mosque near Ground Zero.

you used a semi colon in the wrong place

There is so much wrong with that post, first off, we are not against building all mosques, we're against building one on GROUND ZERO! When most terrorists are followers of Islam and that was a terrorist act, so yes, I am against that. Not all Conservatives are against gay marriage, fyi, Abortion is not a good thing, I'm sorry killing innocent lives is not a good thing in anybody's point of view, and if you want to say that they aren't technically alive yet, you are stupid, because it is still ending the possibility of a life and that is wrong, and being pregnant as a result of rape is a very slim chance, and true Christians, who know God's love, and understand him, and feel his love just want others to feel the same love. Just because your opinion comes from your religion, does not mean that it is of any less importance, religion shapes people's lives, just like no religion shapes others' lives. I'm against liberals wanting us to live in an Atheists' society, that is just as "wrong"

@ShelleyL There is so much wrong with that post, first off, we are not against building all mosques, we're against building...

Notice the word "extreme" that limitation means it does not include all conservetives.

"we're against building one on GROUND ZERO!"
Yea, and if you want the Government to impose that;
It's still government interference.

Loopss avatar Loops Yeah You Are 0Reply

There are no plans to build a mosque near Ground Zero. There are several situations in which abortion is acceptable. You used an incredibly long run-on sentence.

i agree with all except the abortion thing. it does say aboortion is forbidden in the bible, but it isnt a totally christianized idea. it is still killing a person, which is murder, which is pretty much illegal in every society

@chickensarecool01 i agree with all except the abortion thing. it does say aboortion is forbidden in the bible, but it isnt a totally...

thank you! god, it never ceases to amaze me how ignorant people can be about abortion. its murder people! deal with it

The people who support abortion are entirely selfish. The whole point of abortion is to better your own life at the cost of the most innocent human being possible. Go ahead and thumbs down me, you know deep down it is true

@The people who support abortion are entirely selfish. The whole point of abortion is to better your own life at...

So your saying if a ten year old girl was raped, and being pregnant was life threatening for her, is she still being selfish?

@So your saying if a ten year old girl was raped, and being pregnant was life threatening for her, is she still...

that's what adoption is for, and she probably wouldn't get pregnant anyway, as most 10 year olds don't have their periods yet. i hate to be crude, but people have to be educated rather than ignorant.

yasminls avatar yasminl Yeah You Are -3Reply
@yasminl that's what adoption is for, and she probably wouldn't get pregnant anyway, as most 10 year olds don't have their...

So what you are trying to say is that a ten year old girl, who was just raped, and possibly doesn't even know how you get pregnant in the first place, is going to be able to carry and bear a child? I really doubt that too many ten year olds would be able to deal with all of that. In most cases, I agree, abortion should be illegal, but there are some extreme cases where, if it is life threatening to the mother, it should be allowed. I'm in somewhat of a grey-area over rape. If it is a child--like I said, they should be able to get an abortion.

@Soren So what you are trying to say is that a ten year old girl, who was just raped, and possibly doesn't even know how...

i can definitely see your point there, all i'm trying to say is that it's not fair to the unborn baby who could be the next einstein and killing him/her is unjust. everyone has a purpose in life and abortion just limits the chances of a real change to this world.

yasminls avatar yasminl Yeah You Are 0Reply

A 10 year old can get pregnant, but her body is not developed enough to produce a healthy baby. That baby would be born fucked up, My mom works at childrens hospital with babies like that. Also I believe in reincarnation, so I think a soul would just move on to another vessel.

then again, a ten year old getting raped? if she chooses to get an abortion, that isnt selfish...
on the other hand, if its an accidental baby, even if the condom broke, two people having sex should be prepared to deal with the consequence. If they choose to get rid of it just because the condom broke, that is selfish.

Its not really just to better your own life, some people do it because they know that they can not give that baby a good life. Also some of us believe in reincarnation.