+9,320

A soldier only needs to shoot straight, not be straight, amirite?

OhSnapWords avatar
236 202
The voters have decided that OhSnapWord is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

How 'bout not having to shoot at all, that is my opinion.

@Dinosaurs Good answer.

Thanks I kinda think war is a dumb idea, many of our loved ones and good people who fight against other bad people, who are in someone else's eyes viewed as heroes as well, are being killed for "peace" which I think is..."hypocritical"? You know?

@swankorn Thanks I kinda think war is a dumb idea, many of our loved ones and good people who fight against other bad people...

I agree with you 100%, but there is the fact that some people must be stopped through war. Hitler as an example. However, this war on terrorism should not be an example.

@ShadePawOT I agree with you 100%, but there is the fact that some people must be stopped through war. Hitler as an example...

Are you saying the situation in Afghanistan is not worth fighting for? They didn't kill Bin Laden because he was an angel, he was almost as bad as Hitler.
If that's NOT what you're saying, then I apologize, and just pretend I didn't say this.

@Are you saying the situation in Afghanistan is not worth fighting for? They didn't kill Bin Laden because he was an...

I'm not going to pretend I know all the details, or claim to know what's worth fighting for or not. I believe that war should be avoided at all costs, but there are some things that cannot be solved without one. Personally, I believe there are better ways to solve this conflict than war, but I could be wrong. I agree with you in saying that Bin Laden had to be stopped (and killed if necessary).

right? i mean if everyone was peaceful, we would have nothing to fight over. i agree 107% with you.

@judieeex right? i mean if everyone was peaceful, we would have nothing to fight over. i agree 107% with you.

Thanks. I'm glad someone else has a braincell working in this big argument, going on this one post.

@swankorn How 'bout not having to shoot at all, that is my opinion.

9/11, If they start shit, I sure as hell am going to finish it

@9/11, If they start shit, I sure as hell am going to finish it

Yea, but that was long ago, now we're just in it for the oil and forcing out beliefs and culture on everyone else. I mean we're not getting involved in other much worse places in Africa and South America. Why? Because there's nothing in it for America. Just saying. >__>

You wont ever have peace. Your ganna have to fight it out sometimes. you just sound like an uneducated hippy moron.

@You wont ever have peace. Your ganna have to fight it out sometimes. you just sound like an uneducated hippy moron.

(Anon.): Uneducated...makes total sense since your post is perfect with no extremely horrible grammatical errors, also,punk, dont 1 up your own comment, that's lame. I'm no hippy either.

The United States should be lucky that people of the LBGT community are willing to fight for a country that treats them as second class citizens.

if gay men cant be in the army because people are worried they'll be distracted by all the other men, then why should men and women get to work together in the army (and if women can't be in the army then it'll be a crap army full of trigger-happy testosterone)?

miggless avatar miggles Yeah You Are +28Reply

Of course people pay no attention to me when I stand up for gay rights, because I am pansexual myself (gender blind) so I choose to put it this way. I am not colored, but I stand for colored rights. If someone is willing to sacrifice their life for you, and your country...it shouldn't matter if they are gay, straight, white, pink, or whatever they are...it's still a courageous that should be honored.

I hate when other people hate somebody for being gay or bi or what ever they are.

blue45000s avatar blue45000 Yeah You Are +23Reply

just casue their gay doesnt mean they are 'man' enough to fight. if women can b in war why cant gay men? (im a girl)

@just casue their gay doesnt mean they are 'man' enough to fight. if women can b in war why cant gay men? (im a girl)

I think the argument isn't only that they aren't 'man' enough but that the other men are uncomfortable with gay men living with them in close quarters. Not saying I agree they shouldn't be in the military though, that's just ridiculous. Some of the women are probably uncomfortable with straight men living with them in close quarters. Same thing.

What you don't know is that they aren't allowed in war. They can't be anywhere near the front-lines unless they're a nurse or something smirk smilie

@169197

If you're going to make statements like that, at least spell the word right.

@169197

and i dislike ignorant, racist people like you.

THANK YOU FOR THIS POST
Seriously I heard something on the radio about this topic (I hadn't known about it before) and I was so shocked.

What's so bad about being gay/lesbo anyway!? It's just a way of life!! And it's so stupid when people say u can't do smt, just for that reason!!! (I'm not either, im just saying, it's stupid!)

NeonGoths avatar NeonGoth Yeah You Are +6Reply
@NeonGoth What's so bad about being gay/lesbo anyway!? It's just a way of life!! And it's so stupid when people say u can't...

The real question is why did you feel the need of saying hat you aren't gay or lesbo? If you are so strong for gay rights than you wouldn't feel the need to specify... Don't worry though, I'm exactly like that too.

Number_33s avatar Number_33 Yeah You Are +10Reply
@Number_33 The real question is why did you feel the need of saying hat you aren't gay or lesbo? If you are so strong for gay...

I know and why isn't gay marriage legal in some places! it's just. . . stupid. why does it matter what sex you marry? who made the rule that you have to marry the opposite sex anyway?

@I know and why isn't gay marriage legal in some places! it's just. . . stupid. why does it matter what sex you...

That and if you don't want to marry someone of the same gender, you don't have. People have the right to make that choice, regardless of if other people want them to do.

Exactly! If a woman can marry a rock with no gender, nor is it living, why can't a man marry a man, or a woman marry a woman?

Cassileigh16s avatar Cassileigh16 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@God did.

(Anon.): Your "God" shouldn't be a matter in this. There is supposed to be a separation of church and state. Marriage is just a word, and I think that those who wish to "marry" the same sex mainly want the rights associated with it.

@God did.

(Anon.): NO, HE DIDN'T!
A sin is when we make a choice that separates us from God. Homosexuality is in our DNA, it isn't a choice. The person who wrote the bible didn't know that because he was a human who lived during a primitive level of science. Saying homosexuality is a sin is like saying having blue eyes is a sin.
"If a man sees through eyes that are the color of the sea, he has commited an abomination..."

how do you know gay people cant join the army. they can do any thing strait people can o they are just the same as anyone else

blue45000s avatar blue45000 Yeah You Are +4Reply
@blue45000 how do you know gay people cant join the army. they can do any thing strait people can o they are just the same as...

I believe the previous poster was speaking of the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy that means openly gay men and women are told their services are not needed in the military. However, this policy is starting to turn around.

Someone in my sorority openly said she was gay and they said they weren't going to discharge her. Things are looking up. :)

Does anyone else see an ad for gay military dating underneath the post?

GlamGleeks avatar GlamGleek Yeah You Are +4Reply

It amazes me the ignorance of some people. How can someone being gay affect anyone around them? The only way a gay person can affect your life is if your gay too and you don't want to admit it. I think the fear of homosexuality is based on the fact that everyone thinks that just because someone is gay that means that they are attracted to every man or woman they see and that's not true. Everyone has different taste when looking for a mate. If a person wants to fight in the military or marry the one they love what difference should it make to anyone else if they're gay or not?

I think they should keep the gay's with the women. the army needs all the recruits they can get.

To clear things up, gay people are allowed in the military, the military just doesn't want to know who they gay people are. When you are in the army that is your JOB, and personal life is not meant for the office, whether it be in a New York high-rise or in Iraq. Homosexuality has no place in the military because it is a job, do they ask if you are heterosexual or homosexual at your job?

I don't believe that homosexuality should be advertised in the army of distractions and how people can become uncomfortable, but if they would like to fight let them.

no they dont ask you if your gay at a job, but they wont fire you if you let them know!

Okay I am not at all trying to be mean but, the reason they do this is so that there will be no... complications when they are put in the sleeping quarters. I mean I know that's kinda hard to take in but, it is just for the sake of the other sodiers. :( Really I am just telling the truth. I don't agree with the ones saying that homosexuals are idiots who can't fight in a war, I am saying that it would be awkward for the other soldiers. :(

@Okay I am not at all trying to be mean but, the reason they do this is so that there will be no... complications...

I guess it makes sense considering so many people are homophobic... but whatever.

litapd311s avatar litapd311 Yeah You Are +2Reply

I can see what you're saying...
Before I didn't really understand it, but now I do...thanks.

but if you're gay and you don't want to fight and die for stupid causes, i'd take advantage.

what I don't understand is that everyone is saying "gays" instead of a gay person. somebody who is gay should be put in a certain group. if someone is gay they are still a person. and just because someone is gay should'nt mean that they can't do something that someone straight can do. (and by the way its called predjudice not racism because you guys calling people racists are making yourselves look dumb, next time call them predjudice)

@what I don't understand is that everyone is saying "gays" instead of a gay person. somebody who is gay should be...

In a commet listed above: "...the definition of racism is: 'Discrimination or prejudice based on race, religion, sex, or social class.' "

The reason I disagreed is because it can cause division in the military when their buddies find out they're gay and bother them for it, and refuse to ally themselves with the gay soldiers. It shouldn't be like that, but it can be.

@buddyred23 The reason I disagreed is because it can cause division in the military when their buddies find out they're gay and...

Sad but true. However, if you can't stand gay people, you might as well suck it the fuck up 'cause no matter where you go they're always going to be around.

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are +5Reply
@127551

even if that's true, what's the problem with that? Straight people can have AIDS, too. And who says that gay people sleep around with everyone ánd aren't being safe?

BiteMes avatar BiteMe Yeah You Are +8Reply
@127551

Are you fucking serious?!? If you're going to tell people to do their research, DO YOURS! AND DON'T DISCRIMINATE! Gays and straights have the same percentage of people with AIDS. And gays don't all just go around screwing all the straight people in the same room, just like straight guys won't go around screwing every girl in the same room. GET SOME PERSPECTIVE.

@Are you fucking serious?!? If you're going to tell people to do their research, DO YOURS! AND DON'T DISCRIMINATE!...

Actually, according to research, the anus is more susceptible to AIDS. Therefore, someone bisexual who doesnt have it and goes into the service then say.. has sex with a man who has AIDS... is more likely to get it, then to spread it.

@127551

are you kidding me? i can't even believe someone said this

@127551

Because no straight people have AIDS?

AnnaCoveys avatar AnnaCovey Yeah You Are +3Reply
@AnnaCovey Because no straight people have AIDS?

Uh, actually asshole, that's a stereotype and there's no higher percentage chance that a gay person will have AIDS than a straight one. So stop being fucking retarded.

@Uh, actually asshole, that's a stereotype and there's no higher percentage chance that a gay person will have AIDS...

I know? That is what I meant. I don't know why you are calling me stuff as asshole and retard, because and we agree.

AnnaCoveys avatar AnnaCovey Yeah You Are +2Reply
@160319

): I'd be very uncomfortable with sleeping in the same room with a racist, but some things you just have to endure. It is not like homosexuals will attack everyone of the same sex, just because they are gay.

AnnaCoveys avatar AnnaCovey Yeah You Are +12Reply
@AnnaCovey ): I'd be very uncomfortable with sleeping in the same room with a racist, but some things you just have to endure...

Exactly! I hate how people always think that just because someone likes people of the same sex, they're automatically going to try and rape every person in sight. It's like they're trying to devalue the humanity of a homosexual person. It makes no sense because that's exactly what they are, homosexual PEOPLE. Not sex crazed lunatics.

@160319

like it's not uncomfortable for women to be sleeping in close quarters with men? I know women who've been raped by those same straight men you're arguing for. I'm sure THEY'D rather have the gay men.

@160319

When you're in the military, you get shot at. You don't think that makes soldiers uncomfortable?

@127551

as long as straight military men aren't having sexual intercourse then they will not get AIDS.

@157880

I can't read a thing that dude is saying.

@GlamGleek I can't read a thing that dude is saying.

I think he meant "Gay guys are gay and can only protect the country by doing ballet shows. Let men protect the U.S in the field, plain and simple. It's not judgement it's a fact get over it, you all know it's true."

litapd311s avatar litapd311 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@157880

hahahahaha well said

8DUrkarons avatar 8DUrkaron Yeah You Are 0Reply
@218190

i wouldn't know. i've never read the bible. people keep trying to push religion at me, so i became an atheist.

anime_serenas avatar anime_serena Yeah You Are +3Reply
@218226

well then, i'm ignorant. maybe i'll go read one some time. when it won't piss me off too much.

anime_serenas avatar anime_serena Yeah You Are 0Reply
@218275

apology accepted :) and someday i will read it. i've tried to read it before, i think. but i was about 8, and it was confusing xD

@218275

btw, have you heard the song Almost Human by Voltaire?

This is why we have dont ask dont tell. Its not that anyone is saying gay people arnt as able or willing to protect and die for the country but it can be a distraction. It can be the cause of more death and drama than is needed in the military. This is also one reason that women were prohibited from being in the military for so long and why they are still prohibited from being on the front line. Not that men will stop and stare at them but that it is the natural male reaction to try and protect women. Therefore putting his life (and the governments investment) at greater risk than need be. Im not saying that someone is more likely to try and protect a gay guy than save his own skin but it can cause him to think a second longer than needed about the situation causing both people to die. Its an added variable in the equation that doesnt need to be there.

@This is why we have dont ask dont tell. Its not that anyone is saying gay people arnt as able or willing to protect...

If all the problems are coming from the straight men getting distracted or uncomfortable or trying to protect women, then maybe it should just be illegal for straight men to join the army .

What I don't get is, why take out the 'Don't ask, don't tell' policy. Basically, you have no proof unless they are open that they are in fact homosexual. What's the difference between knowing they're gay and not knowing? Knowing they're gay causes more problems.
So, instead of encouraging people to be themselves, we're now telling them to hide who they are so they can do what they feel they're meant to do.
Am i wrong?

@What I don't get is, why take out the 'Don't ask, don't tell' policy. Basically, you have no proof unless they are...

No one wants to be in the closet forever, and "the dont ask dont tell" prevents people from having a homosexual relationship while serving, but strait people can have a girl/boyfriend any time they want

This joke kinda lost its meaning now..

I have a question: I've been trying to join "amirite?" but when it asks for a password doe's it mean my email password?

no i dont think so

Because its not sending the email.

gay=brokeback mountain=heath ledger=dark knight=DEAD
therefore, all gays will die, and our world will be returned to its beautiful, non-gay infested self.
USA! USA! USA! USA!

God made man and woman NOT man and man or woman and woman. God does not make mistakes he intended man and woman. God's word is law.

@God made man and woman NOT man and man or woman and woman. God does not make mistakes he intended man and woman...

That had nothing to do with the post. God wasn't involved in any way. Plus, when did God say two men couldn't be together? I never heard that. Sure, in the bible, written by MAN, not God, it says a man shouldn't lay with another man, but, then again, the bible has been translated from other lannguages as well, and the meanings have been translated so many times, then how can you know that God wouldn't want a man and a man or a woman and a woman together? If he didn't want them to be attracted to the same sex, he wouldn't have made them that way.

@KristinPhilpot That had nothing to do with the post. God wasn't involved in any way. Plus, when did God say two men couldn't be...

If you can just disregard that part of the bible, then why not throw it all out? Christians think they can just pick and choose. NO.

@lololol in other places of the bible it says that you shouldnt be homosexual..by the way

Exactly 0% of the bible was written by God. He would obvoiusly know that homosexuality is not a choice considering he CREATED us, either that or he lied to the scientists who say it is (which is impossible because God is perfect).
@355640 (Anonymous): The bible promotes incest and orgies? I doubt that.

@200614 (KristinPhilpot): In Revelation it says the sexually immoral will be tossed into the lake of fire. Also, see the story of Sodom and Gomorra.

@Gomorrah*

The Bible also promotes incest, orgies, how to masturbate, and pick up prostitutes that turn out to be your daughter-in-law.
Some examples: Genesis 19:30-36, Genesis 29: 21-28, Judah 38: 8-10, Genesis 38:15-16 (They correspond with the previous sentence).

Just adding on even though this debate is over and done with.
Got these from cracked.com, and this argument reminded me of it.

Did god screw up when he made so that animals like lions, dolphins,Rams, and giraffes can be gay to? And fairly commonly too. Why are we any higher than these creatures? We breathe the same and bleed the same source: http://whypandasdohandstands.bl...omosexual.html

UnstableWriters avatar UnstableWriter Yeah You Are 0Reply

i'm straight, if there was a pretty girl in my way in a war i'd get distracted and died.

I'm sure a gay guy would also get distracted by a guy.. since hes gay.
and most guys are homophobes, and some gays don't respect that..

@i'm straight, if there was a pretty girl in my way in a war i'd get distracted and died. I'm sure a gay guy would...

You're trying to tell me, in the heat of battle, you just want to be with a girl, who is also in the heat of battle? Most people in the military have self-control you know.

litapd311s avatar litapd311 Yeah You Are +13Reply

how do you expect one to respect a homophobe??.... u're asking someone to respect someonelse who's primary problem is that THEY dont respect others???
hehe i donno if u'll actually follow its sounding like a tongue twister now

8DUrkarons avatar 8DUrkaron Yeah You Are +9Reply

its adam and eve not adam and steve

@its adam and eve not adam and steve

It's "love thy neighbor," not "love thy neighbor, but only if he's a white, straight, southern Baptist."

@its adam and eve not adam and steve

God also made man. God made gay people. Plus a lot of animals also can be homosexual. Rats go homosexual when they are over populated and while I hate to compair humans to rats I can't help but point out that the human race is rather over populated...

gay guys are gay protects the country by doing ballet shows let men protect it in the field plain and simple so judgement its fact get over it you all know its true

@gay guys are gay protects the country by doing ballet shows let men protect it in the field plain and simple so...

Btw, are you a complete idiot? Do you really think gay guys can't be strong enough to be in the military, or that they love to do ballet recitals? You're parents are probably racist bastards that told you that black people are bad too!

litapd311s avatar litapd311 Yeah You Are +5Reply

My best friend is in the army and is gay, he can't be who he is, but that doesn't stop him from serving the country. He believes that what he is doing is important and has made friend through the experiences and have came out to some of them. They aren't freaked out and welcomed him! I believe that if you are brave enough to want to put your life on the line for you country it doesn't matter who you are, you are a hero and should be honored!

I disagree. Soldiers are kept in rooms and confined areas with other soldiers of their same sex. Homosexuality is a distraction and a deference to the environment and should not be allowed in the army.

@PurpleKneeSox I disagree. Soldiers are kept in rooms and confined areas with other soldiers of their same sex. Homosexuality is a...

Wow, you are one of the ignorant people I've ever heard. Just because a man is gay doesn't mean that he is attracted to every single man he sees, and same thing with a homosexual woman. Are you attracted to every person you meet?

@Wow, you are one of the ignorant people I've ever heard. Just because a man is gay doesn't mean that he is...

This is exactly what I say to my friend. She thought that a lebian would be attracted to her juts because she's a girl. I told her that if she's noot attracted to every guy she sees why would a homosexual be attracted to every person of the same sex.

GlamGleeks avatar GlamGleek Yeah You Are +9Reply
@You like glee don't you. :)

Yep. Glam as in Glambert as in Adam Lambert. And Gleek as in Glee.

GlamGleeks avatar GlamGleek Yeah You Are +1Reply
@I LOVE glee its my fav show.

I'm listening to 4 minutes right now. I love Kurt.

GlamGleeks avatar GlamGleek Yeah You Are -4Reply

Actually, I never said that homosexuals were attracted to every person they meet, so I don't know why you're bringing that into play. The fact is, in case you didn't realize, lesbians are attracted to other women, and gay men are attracted to other men. In the army, people of each gender room and fight with each other. If one of them should happen to develop an attraction for their fellow soldier, it would be a distraction and infracture of policies. Therefore, homosexuals are not allowed to fight in our army. That's how it works.

@PurpleKneeSox Actually, I never said that homosexuals were attracted to every person they meet, so I don't know why you're...

Just because lesbians are attracted to women and gays are attracted to men does that mean they'll distract them? They are there to do their job. Not to fool around.. When your in the army, you serve your country. Why would gays be there anyway? To mess around while people are dying? That's their job.

@EarI Just because lesbians are attracted to women and gays are attracted to men does that mean they'll distract them?...

If the army allowed soldiers to room coed, the romantic relationships any of them shared would be an obvious distraction to serving their country, so it is not allowed. Because soldiers do not room coed, and because it is impossible to separate a homosexual individual from the entire group, homosexuals are not allowed to room with others they may potentially have a romantic relationship with, whether they intend to or not.

@PurpleKneeSox If the army allowed soldiers to room coed, the romantic relationships any of them shared would be an obvious...

Any military branch or organization that does not teach vigorous self-control is a joke and wouldn't last a decade. In the Spartan army, most men were gay. In fact, a marriage tradition in Sparta involved a woman dressing like a man to ease the man into heterosexuality. They beat a large Persian army with their small army.

That's why it's against the rules for military people to be romantically involved with each other.

@that's like saying, black people are a distraction to the army, and should be kept out.

No, actually, it's not. That's a comment of opinion, and a racist one at that. What I have stated is just the facts.

@That's not racism. That's comparing what YOU said to racism.

The comparison is ineffective. As I said, my comments are simply the facts; that's how it works because of the possibility of homosexual love manifesting in the army, and it is possible. Skin color has nothing to do with how people interact on a nature-based level.

@PurpleKneeSox The comparison is ineffective. As I said, my comments are simply the facts; that's how it works because of the...

Actually, it's not fact, it's an assumption. Plus a strait man could just as easily fall in love with a woman in the army.

@Actually, it's not fact, it's an assumption. Plus a strait man could just as easily fall in love with a woman in...

The army is a place where authorities attempt to involve as few distractions as possible. People are born female, male, black, white, hispanic, etc, and so yes, it is possible for a straight man to fall in love with a woman in the army; however, women are born women. They can't be removed from the army, but the army CAN remove homosexuals. As FEW distractions as possible. People are not born homosexual.

@PurpleKneeSox The army is a place where authorities attempt to involve as few distractions as possible. People are born female...

Did you actually just say that people aren't born homosexual?

Are you kidding me? You're ignorant... Simply, ignorant.

@twisted_memories Did you actually just say that people aren't born homosexual? Are you kidding me? You're ignorant... Simply, ignorant.

Yes, I did say that people aren't born that way. It's a personal choice, not an inevitability. I am not the ignorant person here..

@PurpleKneeSox Yes, I did say that people aren't born that way. It's a personal choice, not an inevitability. I am not the...

Have you ever even spoken to a homosexual person? Try asking a gay guy if he chose to be gay. No, it is not a choice. People are born gay. Sometimes, with traumatic experiences such as rape, people will "turn" gay, but that's totally different. Do you honestly think anyone would choose to be gay? With all the negativity and bullshit gay people get, many would rather be straight. But they can't, they are gay.

Did you choose to be straight? No, you were born that way (though maybe you weren't because you seem to have some homophobic tendencies which would suggest something else entirely).

Anyway, yes you are totally ignorant. You obviously know NOTHING about homosexuality.

@twisted_memories Have you ever even spoken to a homosexual person? Try asking a gay guy if he chose to be gay. No, it is not a...

People are born with homosexual tendencies, NOT the unrefutable and irrevocable complusion to be homosexual. A person can choose either to indulge that desire or not; hence, a person makes a personal choice whether or not to indulge homosexuality.

I was not born with homosexual tendencies; however, I was born with propensities toward other sins. I struggle in different areas of my life than a homosexual person does.

Actually, I'm not homophobic at all. My closest female friend is homosexual, as a matter of fact, and I love her to death. I don't condone the fact that she indulges homosexuality, and I've told her that I don't believe it is right. But I don't treat her any differently than if she were straight.

In all honesty, people who go around calling everyone who doesn't condone homosexuality a homophobe, are the ignorant people.

@PurpleKneeSox People are born with homosexual tendencies, NOT the unrefutable and irrevocable complusion to be homosexual. A...

First of all, we're all born with "sexual tendencies." You were born straight, you probably indulge in being straight. Ever have premarital sex? Or masturbate? Or anything of the like? It's just as "bad" according to the bible!

You don't CHOOSE to be homosexual, you choose (the same way everyone else does) to either be yourself or not. It's horrible that you would tell your friend that being herself is bad. What is she supposed to do, marry a man and be forever unhappy? If your god wants that, I don't want to be a part of his heaven.

@twisted_memories First of all, we're all born with "sexual tendencies." You were born straight, you probably indulge in being...

is right. And, those that rely on God and trust Him will be happier than if they simply lived through whatever their human body desires.

That's what I believe.

@PurpleKneeSox is right. And, those that rely on God and trust Him will be happier than if they simply lived through whatever...

I simply cannot believe that you compared homosexuality with drug abuse.

You may be able to speak intelligently, but you are ignorant.

I don't believe in your god nor do I follow him. I have my own system of beliefs. I'd rather join the Church of Satan than follow the god you speak of.

@twisted_memories I simply cannot believe that you compared homosexuality with drug abuse. You may be able to speak intelligently...

Read the below replies and maybe you will understand why I compared homosexuality to drug abuse. By the standards of the faith I live by, both are wrong.

In essence, you are saying that because I have a certain set of beliefs that are different from yours, I am ignorant. Shall I recount the irony of such a claim?

@PurpleKneeSox Read the below replies and maybe you will understand why I compared homosexuality to drug abuse. By the standards...

I am saying that you are ignorant when it comes to homosexuality, as you obviously know little about it. People are born homosexual, not drug addicts. That comparison makes me sick.

Your beliefs in homosexuality are directly religion based. Not everyone believes as you do, and you have no way to possibly know that your beliefs are right. Therefore, you have no cause or justification to tell someone else that their beliefs are wrong.

@twisted_memories Your beliefs in homosexuality are directly religion based. Not everyone believes as you do, and you have no way to...

Of course my beliefs about homosexuality are directly religion based. That's what I've been saying this whole time. Didn't you catch the numerous references to the God I believe in...? That was kind of the point. If it weren't for my faith, I probably wouldn't have a problem with homosexuality.

@PurpleKneeSox Of course my beliefs about homosexuality are directly religion based. That's what I've been saying this whole time...

I don't believe in a religion that would punish someone for being who they are.

You can't say that my beliefs are wrong.

@twisted_memories I don't believe in a religion that would punish someone for being who they are. You can't say that my beliefs are...

I haven't said that your beliefs are wrong. I have simply been arguing in favor of mine.

So, you don't believe that there should be standards in a faith? Any consequences for breaking those standards?
I don't doubt that you argee with at least some of the principles within Christianity; that murder is a sin, that lying, stealing, and cheating are sins, etc. But why is it that when a standard of living for such a faith as Christianity surpasses governing one's actions that affect another person, to governing the way one personally lives, that people shut down and entirely oppose arguments made for the faith? Should humans not entertain some notion of personal standards that are imposed when one decides to follow a certain faith?

@PurpleKneeSox I haven't said that your beliefs are wrong. I have simply been arguing in favor of mine. So, you don't believe...

I believe you should be the best person you can be, while still being yourself. I have my own system of belies. Religion has caused nothing but wars and hate. I believe in a better world.

Obviously I believe in "some" things Christianity stands for; the things that are the basis for all religions. The things that could be stated without using god. Morals, if you will.

I won't say your beliefs are wrong. I just think maybe you need to take a better look at your beliefs. I don't believe a god would want people to blindly follow a book written by man. I think a god would want one to question their faith, their religion. It makes you take a deeper look at your religion to question it.

The only religion I ever practiced was Wicca. It was an amazing experience. Look into it? I think people should look at all religions and make a conscience choice about which one to follow, as opposed to being born into a religion.

Whether you did this or not, I don't know.

@twisted_memories I believe you should be the best person you can be, while still being yourself. I have my own system of belies...

The Bible was not written by mere men, to begin with. It was written by men who were inspired by God.

God would want one to question their faith, yes; but only to such an end in that it would cause them to grow in faith, not disregard the standards and laws God has already set down as truth.

And yes, I've done my research... from all I have seen and experienced, Christianity is the most logical of religions.

@PurpleKneeSox The Bible was not written by mere men, to begin with. It was written by men who were inspired by God. God would...

The bible was written by man. Period.
It was a man who said the earth was created in 6 days and that the first woman was made of the first man's chestbones. It was also a man who said that having certain DNA (the part that makes you gay) is punishable by death.

I disagree, I don't think it's the most logical religion, based on my own personal research and experience. I actually think it quite illogical.

Also, I wasn't saying you should "disregard the standards and laws god has already set down as truth," I was saying just what you said. You should question it to improve your faith.

Regardless, I disagree with you.

@twisted_memories I disagree, I don't think it's the most logical religion, based on my own personal research and experience. I...

Well then, that's an entirely different debate that I'd prefer not to open up here, at this point in time.

In order for one to "look deeper in to themselves" in such a way that would validate homosexuality, then that IS what you are saying; the values of Christianity say that homosexuality is wrong.

@PurpleKneeSox Well then, that's an entirely different debate that I'd prefer not to open up here, at this point in time. In...

Well, I disagree with that "value."

I think that love is love, and it can't be a bad thing. I don't think it matters who you love, as long as you love as wholly as possible.

@twisted_memories Well, I disagree with that "value." I think that love is love, and it can't be a bad thing. I don't think it...

All this to say, it would probably be best if we agreed to disagree. Most non-Christians don't share my view of homosexuality, so... Nice talking to you.

@PurpleKneeSox All this to say, it would probably be best if we agreed to disagree. Most non-Christians don't share my view of...

I just have one question. They say that God is love. So if I loved a woman, how is that bad if God is love?

Something to ponder?

@twisted_memories I just have one question. They say that God is love. So if I loved a woman, how is that bad if God is love?...

God is the essence of love; pure, selfless, unadulterated love. Not like the love any human could have for another, though we should try to replicate that love for one person. I can't answer every question, and I will be the first to admit it; however, I don't believe that homosexual "love" is love.

God loves everyone. Even if they don't accept Him.

@PurpleKneeSox God is the essence of love; pure, selfless, unadulterated love. Not like the love any human could have for another...

If you don't believe homosexual "love" is love, why is heterosexual "love" any different? They are both examples of a person who wants to be romantically involved with another person. Whether or not they have that last chromosome in common is irrelevant.

I disagree.

I believe in this life and I believe in living it to the fullest. As I said before, any god who doesn't like that, I don't want to be a part of his heaven.

@twisted_memories I never said that.

What feels good, what feels right, is often misconstrued as 'finding yourself' or 'looking deeper into yourself'.

@PurpleKneeSox What feels good, what feels right, is often misconstrued as 'finding yourself' or 'looking deeper into yourself'.

But I never said that. I never said do what feels good. I said do what IS right. You don't need a god to have morals. I'm sure some murderers feel good killing people, but that's obviously not right or good. Laws and morals dictate what is right and wrong; I believe in separation of church and state.

@twisted_memories But I never said that. I never said do what feels good. I said do what IS right. You don't need a god to have...

"Obviously not right or good" is extremely variable. To the murderer, they may have felt that it was completely within their moral boundaries to kill another person. It's not obvious to them that what they did was morally unacceptable. Your choice of words is a reflection of the general standards of society, and society is not always correct or moral itself. Who's to say that the general population and the accumulation of beliefs among said group are generally right and good?

According to the morals I try to live by, homosexuality is wrong, and not required that someone follow their bodily desires in order to "live life to the fullest."

@PurpleKneeSox "Obviously not right or good" is extremely variable. To the murderer, they may have felt that it was completely...

Well, to some murder in the name of god is right, so not even religious people are always correct or moral.

As a society, we need to come together and form a system of beliefs separate from the church and religious beliefs (it's the whole idea behind separation of church and state). Because you have no right to say that your morals are right above others, or that your beliefs are right above others (the "you" in this sentence is a general "you").

@twisted_memories Well, to some murder in the name of god is right, so not even religious people are always correct or moral. As a...

Extremists? I'll go ahead and take that comment in stride, assuming you realize I am not an extremist, nor do I condone any of their killing "in the name of God." And also that Christians that do so don't fully understand the basis of Christianity or the God I follow.

"Form a system of beliefs separate from the church and religious beliefs"? What makes you believe that no existing faith is the truth?

@PurpleKneeSox Extremists? I'll go ahead and take that comment in stride, assuming you realize I am not an extremist, nor do I...

I'm not assuming that you're an extremist. My point is that you can't know if those extremists are right or not, and that they obviously believe that they have interpreted their religion properly. Which is my point. Nobody can KNOW which religion is correct (if any or all are). Therefore, our laws which govern people of all religious groups (including those of no religious groups) shouldn't be based on one person's set of religious beliefs.

I do not know if any existing faith is the truth.

@twisted_memories I'm not assuming that you're an extremist. My point is that you can't know if those extremists are right or not...

We can't be governed by religion, no, and we're not. We're governed by a general system of beliefs that is based mainly off of logic and an accumulation of religious beliefs that appeases most of the population. I don't believe I was vying for my religion to overtake the government, though, so...

@twisted_memories The whole homosexuals can't get married is based entirely on religious beliefs...

Yes. That's not what this post is even about, though, nor this discussion.

@PurpleKneeSox Yes. That's not what this post is even about, though, nor this discussion.

We're talking about laws and homosexuality, the discussion went this way. Also, as far as I know, they do let homosexuals into the army.

@twisted_memories We're talking about laws and homosexuality, the discussion went this way. Also, as far as I know, they do let...

Homosexuals not being allowed into the army, yes. And I do believe that the law preventing homosexuals from entering the army has been removed, yes. However, this discussion is dead, as you've probably noticed. We've both stated our arguments and our reasoning, so, in favor of managing our time efficiently, this is the last time I will reply. Good day.

And obviously I "caught the numerous references," I can read. I was simply pointing it out blatantly.

Also, do not speak to me like I'm an idiot child. I'm a grown woman, not a 12-year-old.

@twisted_memories Also, do not speak to me like I'm an idiot child. I'm a grown woman, not a 12-year-old.

My intent wasn't to speak to you like an 'idiot child'. I simply adjust my manner of speaking to the responses I get.

lifestyle she is living. It's the same situation you would be in if you were to tell a druggie friend that shooting heroin is bad. You still love that person, don't you? You still treat that person with the same kindness as you would anyone else, yes? However, you would tell that person, because you care for them, that you believe what they are doing is wrong.Small factors within that analogy don't completely line up with the situation we are discussing, but I am going to assume here that you are intelligent enough to grasp the main point.

As to your last question (rhetorical or not), 'forever unhappy' is not the idea. To begin with, there are not a lot of homosexual people that choose to be straight, simply because they love God so much that they are willing to lay down their bodily desires and follow Him. But, those that do don't end up 'forever unhappy'; if a person is truly seeking God and wants to please Him, He will give them the strength to d...

Yes, we were all born with sexual tendencies. If you'll go back and actually read what I wrote, I said that some people are born with HOMOSEXUAL tendencies. This is going to be a difficult discussion if I have to repeat myself over and over.

God created one man for one woman. Yes, I 'indulge in being straight', because that's the way God made us. And, if you didn't already know, sexual immorality is also wrong, yes. Just as wrong as homosexuality.

So, in essence, your entire first paragraph is irrelevant.

I believe I already expressed my views on whether or not homosexuality is a choice. And, like I said, you chose either to 'be yourself' (give in to bodily desire) or to follow God. It's choosing who you are going to live for - God, or yourself.

I don't "tell [my] friend that being herself is bad". As I said (see how I am having to repeat myself again? It's just a tad annoying.), I love her like a sister, though I make it clear that I don't condone the

you said people aren't born homosexuals. SCIENTIFICALLY, THEY ARE. Every guy has some female hormones, and every girl has male hormones. When people are born with unusually high levels of some hormones from the opposite sex, it physically causes them to have romantic feelings for the same sex...in other words be gay, lesbian, or bisexual.

Be prepared to back up your statements before you post them, dumbshit. Joining the army is a complete and utter life risk and your an ignorant moron for believing otherwise. Gays join to fight for our country, not fool around.
oh, & btw? it being a distraction obviously has nothing to do with it, since the original rules state that gays who are "out of the closet" cant join. besides that, the army does absolutely nothing to further investigate the sexuality or bisexuality of our soldiers. its pure racism.

Respect our soldiers. they are out their getting fucking killed to save your ungrateful ass.

@you said people aren't born homosexuals. SCIENTIFICALLY, THEY ARE. Every guy has some female hormones, and every...

That's not the way it works at all. The gene that determines your gender is ONE variable. The gene tha determines your sexuality is a different variable. Gay men are just as manly as straight men.

And for the record, homophobia isn't considered racism.

All people are born with certain levels of estrogen and of testosterone. However, people are not scientifically born homosexual. If they were, if it were something carried in one's genes, it would have been weeded out of the gene pool a long time ago.
The way you're saying it, that a girl being manly or a guy being feminine causes them to physically have attraction to the same sex, is stereotypical and idiotic. I'm a girl and I act more like a guy than some guys I know, and I am 100% straight. Being homosexual has nothing to do with wanting to or being like the opposite sex.
So you apparently can't make your point without using vulgarity; yeah, you sound real mature. It doesn't matter why they join; why should people be forced to shower and sleep in the same living quarters as someone who may be physically attracted to them?
Ahahaha. You're obviously an ignorant twelve year old perusing the internet to spread your ignorance. 'Racism'? Sexuality has nothing to do with race, kiddo. xD
Again with naughty language, what would your mother say. I do respect all soldiers; that doesn't mean I think it's morally right to force straight soldiers to put up with homosexual soldiers.

@PurpleKneeSox All people are born with certain levels of estrogen and of testosterone. However, people are not scientifically...

Like eldorito said to which you replied to everyone but "accidently" not him:

"Any military branch or organization that does not teach vigorous self-control is a joke and wouldn't last a decade. In the Spartan army, most men were gay. In fact, a marriage tradition in Sparta involved a woman dressing like a man to ease the man into heterosexuality. They beat a large Persian army with their small army."

Chances are you'll dismiss that. Religous beliefs > tried and done, facts and history.
Clearly you're against gays in the army not really because of the "They shouldn't fight next to someone who is attracted to them' (otherwise, you would also be against women in the army", you' re against them because you're against homosexuality. Simple as that.

Also, last time I checked, America is a democratic country. Instead of interjecting your religious beliefs into everyone and everything, why don't you see what soldiers think about gays in the army. You know, the ones who should get to choose. Most don't give a shit. And many have been saved by them. I the majority of soldiers are fine with it, them let gays be in it.

Sure there would be soldiers who would be uncomfortable with gays....

Genies avatar Genie Yeah You Are +1Reply

i agree, and with all the other people who are saying that gay men wouldn't make regular men distracted then think it about this way if a women was to stay with the men in the army wouldn't it make them a bit uncomfortable?

the fact is that gays are not allowed in the army for a number of reasons, so i guess we would just have to deal with it.

gay people can't join the army

@Wow you're ignorant.

i say send the gays over there and let em get shot so we don't have to deal with them here

@i say send the gays over there and let em get shot so we don't have to deal with them here

and i say let racist people like YOU get sent over there and shot so we won't have to deal with them anymore, and this earth will be peaceful. kthxbye.

@lololol kthxbye..wow and thats not racist..dummbassss

Actually, DUMBASS, the definition of racism is: "Discrimination or prejudice based on race, religion, sex, or social class." kthxbye.

I don't know you, but you sound like an asshole. (not the one who said "and i say let racist people like YOU", I like you). Being gay is not a choice, and it's not something to be ashamed oh. (btwz I'm straight, just an Ally)

@I don't know you, but you sound like an asshole. (not the one who said "and i say let racist people like YOU", I...

The word is prejudiced you idiot. Morons like you who think being prejudiced against gays is racism shouldn't live. I think gay people should be able to fight, but you are an utter moron.

@The word is prejudiced you idiot. Morons like you who think being prejudiced against gays is racism shouldn't live...

(Anon.): There should be a comma in the first sentence after "prejudiced" and before "you idiot." Morons like you who forget commas in their sentences shouldn't live.

Making small, insignificant errors in comments on amirite.net is not punishable by death.

@gay people can't join the army

Yes they can. Don't ask, don't tell? Ever heard of it? The Army can't discriminate. You shouldn't either.

ambermss avatar amberms Yeah You Are +14Reply
@gay people can't join the army

uhhh, yeah, they can. DUMBASS!

@gay people can't join the army

just because your gay and you couldnt join the army doesnt mean anyone else can.