+514

Even though we're a public high school, we should be allowed to call it a Christmas tree, and not have to refer to it as a "holiday tree,", amirite?

WhatDoTigersDreamOfs avatar
2 26
The voters have decided that WhatDoTigersDreamOf is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

As a Christian, I am deeply offended by Menorah. I think it should be referred to as a holiday candelabrum.

You know, I thought Christmas trees were specifically used by those who celebrate Christmas...

Have things changed?

yeahhbuddys avatar yeahhbuddy Yeah You Are +13Reply
@yeahhbuddy You know, I thought Christmas trees were specifically used by those who celebrate Christmas... Have things changed?

I know, right? People can go celebrate Christmas in their own homes, or in Macy's or something if they don't have a tree at home. If a school wants to be festive, it can put up some snowflakes.

enders avatar ender No Way +3Reply

That's completely retarded. No other holiday or religion uses a tree, that's why it's called a Christmas tree. So what, are we going to call the menorah the "holiday candle holder?"

Daemoines avatar Daemoine Yeah You Are +13Reply

I am personally offended by "whiteboard" seeing as how I'm white so we need to call it "The-Board-We-Write-On-With-Various-Colored-Markers"

VexxDeGraffs avatar VexxDeGraff Yeah You Are +13Reply
@VexxDeGraff I am personally offended by "whiteboard" seeing as how I'm white so we need to call it...

To be offended by that is like white supremacy. Blackboards, however, are very offensive.

I don't celebrate Ramadaan. It should be called something else, because the word 'Ramadaan' is so fucking offensive.

if your seriously offended by people calling it a christmas tree, then you seriously need to LOSSEN THE FUCK UP.

Call it whatever the fuck you want it's not like they can sue you.

My mom had a Jewish choral director, and he kept a "Hanukkah bush" in his office, and apparently it was covered in bagels.

Why can't you call it a Christmas tree? o.O

@Livvie Why can't you call it a Christmas tree? o.O

Cause admin thinks that everybody who doesn't celebrate xmas will be offended, but they're not

Or American culture, whichever.

SingingWolfs avatar SingingWolf Yeah You Are 0Reply

My history teacher is Buddhist and he call it a Christmas tree.

LittleReds avatar LittleRed Yeah You Are 0Reply

Christmas trees aren't a religious thing, it's just a part of Canadian culture. I say if you're offended, go somewhere else.

SingingWolfs avatar SingingWolf Yeah You Are -1Reply
@Stuff ...Are you serious?

You have no idea how serious I am.

SingingWolfs avatar SingingWolf Yeah You Are +1Reply
@SingingWolf You have no idea how serious I am.

Nor do I really want to. I'll go with "s/he's a little serious" and say that Christmas isn't part of Canadian/American/Korean/New Zealand/whatever culture. It's Christian. Christianity knows no geographical bounds.

@Stuff Nor do I really want to. I'll go with "s/he's a little serious" and say that Christmas isn't part of...

It's a tree. It has pagan roots. It's not of Christian heritage at all.
And I'll bet you also think Santa is Christian?
Nah.

@SingingWolf It's a tree. It has pagan roots. It's not of Christian heritage at all. And I'll bet you also think Santa is...

Wow, I misunderstood that. I completely disregarded the "tree" part... Ahem. Nevermind. Sorry.

Then you should also have a Hanukkah menorah and anything else other religions have to celebrate.

Just fucking keep the Christmas tree out of public school and we're good to go.