+1,900

Your high school textbooks/health class videos try way too hard to be multicultural, amirite?

RedBallerinas avatar Education
23 31
The voters have decided that RedBallerina is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

In my Spanish textbooks there's always an Asian, a Hispanic, a Black, and a cripple.

"James, Kiana, and Ahmad were doing a science project together..."

campykelseys avatar campykelsey Yeah You Are +35Reply
@campykelsey "James, Kiana, and Ahmad were doing a science project together..."

There's usually a "special people" problem somewhere in the book, too.
"Alai, Shaqueana, Tom, and Tom's seeing-eye dog Fido were carpooling together..."

FlyingGuineaPigs avatar FlyingGuineaPig Yeah You Are +28Reply

It must be a law that all school text books MUST have a kid in a wheelchair.

@Clay_ It must be a law that all school text books MUST have a kid in a wheelchair.

And they're always happy, smiling good students. It pisses off those of us who actually have special needs, 'cause then we have a standard of smiling and being perfect and buying 80 watermelons and 25 apples to live up to

FlyingGuineaPigs avatar FlyingGuineaPig Yeah You Are +23Reply

"Karianna, Bob, Laquishakanishqua, and Xi Ling are running a race..."

midnightcookiess avatar midnightcookies Yeah You Are +25Reply

I feel like we get a similar to post to this every other day.

matt1337cs avatar matt1337c Yeah You Are +24Reply
@Haters gonna hate.

They're not haters, they are simply stating a fact; however, sorry about the unoriginality of this post, I used the search and I didn't find anything similar to this post using the word 'multicultural', so I figured it was ok.

RedBallerinas avatar RedBallerina Yeah You Are +12Reply

Religion textbooks are the best. The girls with the ghetto names always are always pregnant or don't practice chastity, and the people in it are hideous.

JennaGees avatar JennaGee Yeah You Are +19Reply

My science textbook (trying to explain chemical reactions) used dancing couples as different chemicals and showed people switching parters as reactions. There's an African American guy, an Asian guy, an African American girl, etc., even a guy in a wheelchair. And yet there are no gay couples...

@My science textbook (trying to explain chemical reactions) used dancing couples as different chemicals and showed...

That's because they're not "socially accepted" (my apologies if this sounds anti-gay), and also I find that textbooks rarely state the relationship status of the people in the pictures/examples.

RedBallerinas avatar RedBallerina Yeah You Are +4Reply

In our Spanish book there was a question with a boy named takashi.

they also had a kid in a wheelchair named Joaquin.

Lkuns avatar Lkun Yeah You Are +13Reply

In the beginning of the year in my french book, they had a korean girl (catherine nguyen), an african american boy named Pierre, and a bunch of caucasions with odd names to make them sound foreign although it says they are Parisian. Just a bit...

Cassileigh16s avatar Cassileigh16 Yeah You Are +10Reply

Shabootyfonclaya, Pablo, Pierre, Mi Pow Ying, and AleX

I'm sorry, but these posts are getting a little bit old.

Ooh god and the kid in the wheel chair.

umamaniquas avatar umamaniqua Yeah You Are +5Reply

In my science book, there's an African-American boy in a wheelchair playing chess with an Asian girl.

Kairo09s avatar Kairo09 Yeah You Are +4Reply

I HP'd this just moments ago

patrickmajors avatar patrickmajor Yeah You Are +3Reply
Adrias avatar Adria Yeah You Are +31Reply

John, Quedo, Jose, Hung, Paul, LaQuesha, Pablo, Ling Chao, Steve, Tyrone, Jorge, Meing, and their crippled friend Happy were all playing tag.

Tuckers avatar Tucker Yeah You Are +3Reply

In my math textbook, there was an asian names hi-slip!!!!!!!

Let's ask the autistic homosexual black Muslim communist wheelchair bound female what the square root of one hundred forty three is!

CPFC_Peavlers avatar CPFC_Peavler Yeah You Are +1Reply

And my school is so not multicultural... except for asians. :P

AddyTheAwesomes avatar AddyTheAwesome Yeah You Are 0Reply

I normally don't care, but THIS HAS BEEN POSTED LIKE 80 BAJILLION TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!