+552

It's not Happy Holidays, it's Merry Christmas, amirite?

2 41

its "shut the fuck up" actually.

really, no one should care. if you care, you're too sensitive. if I say "happy Saturday" you better fucking accept it.

I'm spreading cheer dammit.

@itstiffanyyo its "shut the fuck up" actually. really, no one should care. if you care, you're too sensitive. if I say "happy...

Seriously! I don't know why it matters what you say. The person is wishing you well, so be happy about it instead of getting offended that they didn't say it right in your opinion.

I agree! Cause let's be honest, no one knows what the fuck Kwanzaa is and Hanukkah already passed so let's just stick with Merry Christmas instead of the annoying "happy holidays" when you only really celebrate ONE (:

@I agree! Cause let's be honest, no one knows what the fuck Kwanzaa is and Hanukkah already passed so let's just...

Do you celebrate New Years? At all? If you do, that means you celebrate at least 2 holidays.

Unless you go to Hogwarts...then it's "Happy Christmas"

I'm going to say Merry Christmas, and if someone has a problem with it, tough. But if someone says Happy Hanukkah to me, I'm going to say Happy Hanukkah right back. People need to stop being so sensitive.

_RUMBLEROAR_s avatar _RUMBLEROAR_ Yeah You Are +14Reply

It's equally both. :) Because Christmas is a holiday, and there's other holidays, and happiness is a good thing, so there's nothing wrong with saying "Happy Holidays". Merry Christmas is also okay, especially if you're talking to someone who only celebrates Christmas and nothing else. :)

i know! merry christmas is a GREETING, it's someone hoping you have a good day. it's not like people say "happy mass-murdering of jewish children and puppies day! hope you choke on your turkey!"

StaceysDads avatar StaceysDad Yeah You Are +9Reply
@StaceysDad i know! merry christmas is a GREETING, it's someone hoping you have a good day. it's not like people say "happy...

This exact logic could be used for the other side too. "Happy Holidays" is a greeting too, and the person is just wishing you well, no matter what holiday it is.

@This exact logic could be used for the other side too. "Happy Holidays" is a greeting too, and the person is just...

i suppose, but i just dont see any reason to change a perfectly good greeting :P

StaceysDads avatar StaceysDad Yeah You Are -1Reply

It's whatever you want it to be!

I'm not Christian and I don't get offended by Merry Christmas. What's the big deal? It's just an expression.

it's starting to annoy me how schools and tv commercials are trying to be as politically correct as possible, no one gives a shit

reids avatar reid Yeah You Are +7Reply

That's like saying 'Happy Day' instead of 'Happy Birthday'. It's Christmas. Be happy it's Christmas

mstarmachs avatar mstarmach Yeah You Are +5Reply
@AppAwesome Not everyone celebrates Christmas.

By that token, not everyone celebrates Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is an American holiday, just like Christmas is a Christian holiday. But everyone still calls it Thanksgiving, regardless if they're American or not.

mstarmachs avatar mstarmach Yeah You Are -1Reply

why does it matter? holy, it should be equally acceptable to say both. i'm non christian and i say merry christmas to people who celebrate, and happy holidays to everyone else.

even I have no problem with merry christmas and im jewish. it makes me happy to see all the other people happy around christmas time

I prefer saying Happy Holidays. Partially because a lot of my friends don't celebrate Christmas and because I'm agnostic.

Oh. I say Happy Holidays because I'm including New Years. Have I been using it wrong all these years?...

It doesn't fucking matter. Why are people still making a big deal about this? If you want to say " Merry Christmas" then go ahead. No one really cares THAT much.
I said Happy Hanukkah to people during Hanukkah, and now I've been saying Merry Christmas since Hanukkah is over

"Happy Holidays" is inclusive to all other holidays that are celebrated around this time of year. It's more appropriate to say, in my opinion.

Damn political correctness.

JennaGees avatar JennaGee Yeah You Are +2Reply

either one is fine but I prefer to say happy holidays because it's more likely to fit the person you're saying it too. That way, whatever holiday they're celebrating, you wish them to have a good one.

First of all, some people don't celebrate Christmas. Second, there are other holidays around that time, such as Hannukah ( a week or so before Christmas) and Kwanzaa (a day before Christmas). Also, Christmas BREAK is a holiday.. when you celebrate RELAXATION!!

Happy Yule and Blessed Be!

I remember there was a Proud Family episode about kwanzaa once... I still don't what the fuck it is though :/

Actually, Christmas used to be a time when people would kill Jews. So it could be offensive. Just sayin'. Happy holidays is best because then you're not discriminating. Say Merry Christmas to people who you know celebrate Christmas, and Happy holidays to those you're not sure with. That way, you don't offend anyone.

There is only one holiday on that day, so why should I not say Merry Christmas. Celebrate it or not it IS Christmas and there is nothing wrong with being merry any day of the year.

It's a week long celebration held to honor African-American heritage.

Clay_s avatar Clay_ No Way 0Reply

MERRY CHRISTMAS OP!

Roys avatar Roy Yeah You Are 0Reply

yes thank you.. because there are other holidays around that time besides Christmas.. so its a way to say have a happy - hannukah, kwanzaa, christmas, or just break!

My friend says "Jolly Winter"

i say happy Christmas because im awesome.

It's an Undenominational Winter holiday. Lol from Larry the cable guy. But seriously its just merry Christmas. I'm sure if you say merry Christmas to someone they won't go ape shit on you bc they "obviously don't celebrate Christmas" I think its safe to say Christmas is the most celebrated holiday this time of year so it only seems fit to say it. But if you don't celebrate it and someone says merry Christmas to you they are just being nice not trying to offend you. Am I right? Haha

I HATE WHEN PEOPLE SAY HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
it's Christmas you douche- SAY MERRY CHRISTMAS! It's not offensive to say Merry christmas- I'm catholic and I celebrate Christmas i'm not offended if you say Happy Hanukkah, so you shouldnt be if I say

Marshmella11s avatar Marshmella11 Yeah You Are -3Reply

And In the US (i dont know about other places) We have a whole MONTH for Africian-Americans to celebrate there heritage. SO ITS MERRY CHRISTMASSSSS!

Anywayyyyys avatar Anywayyyyy Yeah You Are -3Reply

its for people who dont celebrate christmas, idiot.