-173

We have this student teacher who is a "Vegetarian", but she still eats eggs. Using that logic, I could eat unborn, human fetuses and not be a cannibal. amirite?

5 38
The voters have decided that this post is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Eggs sold in markets to be eaten are unfertilized so even if nobody ate them they would never become chickens they would just sit there

@Readz Eggs sold in markets to be eaten are unfertilized so even if nobody ate them they would never become chickens they...

meat in markets is already killed. even if no one eats it, it will just sit there..

@meat in markets is already killed. even if no one eats it, it will just sit there..

Not to mention that if less people buy meat, they are going to kill less of them to begin with.

Hairyleos avatar Hairyleo No Way +12Reply
@Hairyleo Not to mention that if less people buy meat, they are going to kill less of them to begin with.

If less people buy meat, they are still supporting the meat industry in a roundabout way.

But if nobody ate meat animals wouldn't be killed for food if people didn't eat eggs they would still be laid

No, eggs are just gametes. It's the equivalent of eating sperm. Blowjobs aren't considered to be cannibalistic.

A hen will lay an egg whether it's fertilized or not. Since commercial poultry farms don't keep their hens with roosters, the eggs are never fertilized. The eggs are just sacks and contain no embryo.

As it has been stated above, the eggs are unfertilised and will never turn into a chick. My Dad's a vegetarian but he will eat eggs if they are free range. It's not hurting the chicken because they would have been layed anyway.

Why the fuck do you keep trying to win this argument? Vegetarians eat eggs and dairy products, Vegans do not. If she said she was a vegetarian then obviously, she shouldn't be expected to NOT eat eggs. And even if she WAS a vegan and ate eggs...No, no its not the same thing as cannibalism she would just be stupid. But in this case my friend, YOU are the stupid one.

This came off as mean but shit like this pisses me off. Just fucking admit your mistake and call it a day.

Drink a womans period and it'll be the equivalent

Sounds like somebody failed their science class.

Well, if she was a vegan she wouldn't be eating eggs at all - some vegetarians aren't as strict about their foods as vegans

Vegetarians eat eggs, vegans don't. I mean, it's never going to turn into a baby chick. It would be different if you lived on a farm and got eggs from chickens and ate them, claiming to be a vegetarian but you're eating unfertilized eggs, those eggs never had a chance to be a baby chick.

I dont get your logic. If the chickens were eating eggs that would be cannibalism. We're eating them so its not. If we were eating unborn fetuses, it would be cannibalism and disgusting

Everyone else basically said everything, but let me just emphasise two points: A human FETUS is not an egg! It is developed, that's more like eating an egg that has been fertilized and not yet hatched. Some Filipinos do that.

And second, vegetarians eat eggs and dairy. Oh my hell...you are so stupid. I don't even feel like further trying to explain myself. you probably wont understand

the plan is no kill and eggs are like menstruations, but in a hen (sorry if you don't eat eggs again)

danyr9s avatar danyr9 No Way +5Reply

I'm glad that on this website people are smart enough to correct a mistake like this post, but it's sad that the side who is obviously right is losing in the polls. There are still more idiots out there outnumbering the people with brains.

Mmm... Fetus.

People often call themselves "vegetarian" although /technically/ the term is ovo-lacto vegetarian, which means they can eat stuff like eggs, but still not eat meat. Vegan is not eating eggs.

listen: Vegetarian means "nothing with a face"
VEGAN (like me) means "nothing that comes from anything with a face"
do eggs have faces?

the eggs marketed are unfertilized, so technically it would be like eating…well…people eggs.

No, your just a fucking idiot.

I'm VERY surprised that there are at least 84 users here who don't the difference between vegan and vegetarian, and fertilized and unfertilized eggs.

You should just call it quits, dude. You've clearly lost. Obviously you're not vegetarian. So leave the poor lady alone, she's not hurting you.

The egg is unfertilized....so that is the equivalent of a girls period.......

Whoever wrote this was an idiot. In order for that too make sense, a chicken would have to find a fertilized egg and eat it. Thats not really what is happening here. You are retarded.

abb399s avatar abb399 No Way +2Reply

To the author of this post:
You obviously don't know what you're talking about, and therefore just sound like an ass.

I never understood why some vegetarians say they don't eat meat because they don't see the reason to kill animals to eat but then they eat fish. Any vegetarians wanna explain this to me?? Thx... (I am not trying to insult them in any way, I'm planning on going vegetarian when I go to college)

@I never understood why some vegetarians say they don't eat meat because they don't see the reason to kill animals...

I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian, which means I eat eggs and milk, but no fish, meat, or poultry. If I had a really strong desire to, however, I would probably include fish in my diet. The reason I'm a vegetarian is because I think factory farming is a really corrupt industry, and while there are such things as fish farms, the cruelty doesn't really equate to what goes on at the factory farms I'm talking about.
And by the way, I think it's great that you're planning on going vegetarian in college! It's really not as hard as everyone seems to think.

Um, she's eating the fetus of another species, not her own, so therefore your argument is irrelevant. Also, the eggs she's eating are most likely unfertilized, so they wouldn't turn into chickens anyway.
I suggest using that thing thats up in your skull.

Student Teacher? Isn't that a contradiction? Or is it a person who is studying to be a teacher? Or a teacher of students?

and if no one ate eggs, the eggs wouldnt be fertilized correct? leading to chicks being born? vegetarians shouldnt eat eggs..

@and if no one ate eggs, the eggs wouldnt be fertilized correct? leading to chicks being born? vegetarians shouldnt...

No, the thing is that hens lay eggs all the time, like how women have their period and lose their "eggs" because they're not fertilized. So unless you made the chickens have sex or something, the hen's egg would be just like a women's egg: never would be turned into a baby/chick because it was never fertilized. And if nobody ate eggs, then farmers wouldn't have chickens have sex every time they lay because then there would be way too many chickens. Go google it.