+476

If being a Hipster means you aren't going mainstream, and being a Hipster is becoming mainstream, what happens now? amirite?

StephanieIsMes avatar
4 16
The voters have decided that StephanieIsMe is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

They're gonna invent a new word for hipster and claim to be that.

Truuninjas avatar Truuninja Yeah You Are +15Reply

We all go home.

Warning: malfunction. Please reset system.

One of the main traits of being a hipster is that you would never admit that you're hipster. Therefore if you say "I'm a hipster" you are by default not a hipster.

Being a hipster is thinking youre better than everyone because you listen to obscure music, shop at urban outfitters, and are "nonconformist". Why would people think being a hipster is a good thing..?

They explode into some undeground existence you've probably never heard of.

I think there's a difference between being a hipster and looking like a hipster. The 'hipsters' at my school dress completely in Urban Outfitter's garb, but they're just getting into Interpol and Cold War Kids and LCD Sound System. Maybe it's just my opinion, but being a hipster is more of a music thing, not an appearance thing.

@I think there's a difference between being a hipster and looking like a hipster. The 'hipsters' at my school dress...

yeah I guess it's more like "wanna be" hipsters. some of the people at my school have those vera bradley "hipster" bags (the side purse thing) and call themselves hipsters. far from it actually

StephanieIsMes avatar StephanieIsMe Yeah You Are +1Reply
@StephanieIsMe yeah I guess it's more like "wanna be" hipsters. some of the people at my school have those vera bradley "hipster"...

The wannabe hipsters are all the kids who are obsessed with Tumblr and are just finding out who Neon Trees, Mumm-Ra, and the Smiths are. It's very annoying because now you're automatically labeled a hipster if you listen to indie rock, (which sucks for me :-/) lol

it's like Shrodinger's Cat all over again....

malexires avatar malexire Yeah You Are +1Reply

http://www.amirite.net/459048
for the hipster haters

@...exactly

ohhhhhhkay. haha

campykelseys avatar campykelsey Yeah You Are 0Reply
@campykelsey ohhhhhhkay. haha

haha I see why you got confused sorry :P