+356

A lot of people have been saying that they hate it when their favorite low-key bands go mainstream, but when they should be happy because their favorite bands are finally getting the recognition they deserve. amirite?

bbhatti12s avatar Music
0 10
The voters have decided that bbhatti12 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

(@adril) Yea I know what you mean. Like for me I'm a big Owl City fan, but I listen to all his songs, not just fireflies. Yea I guess me and other people as well hate ignorant people who only know one song from a singer and claim to be their biggest fan

bbhatti12s avatar bbhatti12 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@bbhatti12 (@adril) Yea I know what you mean. Like for me I'm a big Owl City fan, but I listen to all his songs, not just...

same here like i know all the songs and i so badly wanted to go to his concert, but it was all sold out and probably by people who have only heard fireflies

They are happy for the bands, that's not what they mean-- usually they're annoyed about it when people who know absolutely nothing about the and and only know that one song claim to be the bands biggest fan. Like what happened with Paramore after Twilight, for example. Everyone claimed to 'lovelovelovelove' them, but they only knew "Decode".

@Jess_Doherty They are happy for the bands, that's not what they mean-- usually they're annoyed about it when people who know...

This, and sometimes the band makes other songs that are of less quality than their other songs, just so they can make money.

incedios avatar incedio Yeah You Are +1Reply

I'm annoyed about this also. Why can't the band be happy?

I agree with Adrii. But I also want to add the fact that, although I am happy for a band I love when it gets the recognition it deserves, I also like knowing the fact that it's a band I love when not many other people know about, that feeling of uniqueness.

The shows get more expensive and you have to wait in longer lines for shittier shows and a shittier venues.

i freakin hate the people who pretend to love the band when they dont know any of their older good songs. and when the venues turn huge and you have to get there hours before and you cant hang out with the band like you used to. and sometimes, they just completely sell out to whats popular

also, people dont like when lowkey bands go mainstream cuz the songs just get over played and once that one popular song is old people forget all about that band, even if the band deserves a lot more attention its pretty frustrating.