+133

Bassically, every anime has better voice actors for japan, while the English versions suck. amirite?

Pikachews avatar
5 15
The voters have decided that Pikachew is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Some anime, like Death Note or FUNimation's stuff, have good dubs... But (almost) all others are a pain to the ears

Alexuss avatar Alexus Yeah You Are +5Reply

That's because the words they have to say in english flow differently than the original Japanese translation.

4Kids is dubbing from hell.
FUNimation is dubbing done right. I've seen very few bad dubs from them...

And saying that the English shows re-use voice actors a lot is equivalent to me pointing out that Light Yagami (Death Note), Tamaki (OHSHC), and Riku (Kingdom Hearts) all share a Japanese voice actor. And that's just an example of three roles one guy has done...

The Hetalia dub is hilarious and even more racist than the Japanese dub!

Inuyasha is WAY better in English than in Japanese.

@Inuyasha is WAY better in English than in Japanese.

I agree. I love Inuyasha, Miroku and Sango's voices in English.

Miroku: SAHHHHN-GOOOOO

@JustClickYesAlready I agree. I love Inuyasha, Miroku and Sango's voices in English. Miroku: SAHHHHN-GOOOOO

It's weird for me, because the voices of Miroku, Sango and Inuyasha were all major parts in the X-men Evolution show I watched as a kid. It's still good though, even if it is weird.

well i found soul eater, cowboy bebop, and dragon ball z are pretty good

rivals avatar rival Yeah You Are +2Reply

Actually, I wouldn't watch Big Wind up at all if it weren't for the english dub. My favorite part of the show is the acting, and the way they play the characters. It's awesome. :)

And one guy voices pretty much all of them (Vic Mignona)

Nana has freakin' Barbie voicing one of the characters in the dub

fifthfogels avatar fifthfogel Yeah You Are 0Reply
@fifthfogel Nana has freakin' Barbie voicing one of the characters in the dub

So? Death Note's L is voiced by the guy who does most of the Ken voices, but it's still good.

Death Note's okay, but some others sound SO retarded!

I'd actually would have agreed with this a year or two ago, but lately, the anime I've been watching I cannot watch in Japanese because it just sounds horrible to me.
FUNimation has done a kick ass job lately, I have to agree that Hetalia IS amazing. The only problem with English dubbing of anime is with shojo series. Why do all the girls sound like they're trying to whisper?? Just give them girly voices! Not like they have only half an esophagus! Once they fix that stupid problem, I think anime will do much better.

Another thing, I cannot watch ANY Studio Ghibli movie, or any anime movie NOT for an anime series, in Japanese. It just sounds boring. English all the way!