+117

The last letter of the alphabet should be pronounced "zee," not "zed," otherwise the alphabet song doesn't rhyme, amirite?

duckshirts avatar
3 36
The voters have decided that duckshirt is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I thought it was pronounced 'zee'

America wins again!

Who the hell pronounces it "Zed"?

and Canadians, and Britons, and pretty much everyone else...

duckshirts avatar duckshirt Yeah You Are +21Reply

It's pronounced "zed" en francais. I don't know where else.

The letter Z and its pronunciation came well before the modern alphabet, let alone the alphabet song. Different languages and dialects pronounce it differently and it has nothing to do with making the song rhyme.

pronounced zed in england :)

zee came about because of sesame street. most countries pronounce it zed, except lots of people grew up with sesame street who made the alphabet song, so they think it's zee not zed. zee is an american thing

ARandomPersons avatar ARandomPerson Yeah You Are 0Reply

It's zee for so,e people soooo

sigh This is stupid. Like to-may-to/to-mah-to and color/colour. Get it into your damn fool heads, people pronounce things differently in different places.

If non-Americans and some British pronounce is "zed" then is zebra pronounced zed-ebra? Or is zen pronounced zed-en?

@Sqwancho If non-Americans and some British pronounce is "zed" then is zebra pronounced zed-ebra? Or is zen pronounced zed-en?

No it's pronounced like a normal human would pronounce it ,you inbred american peice of shit.

@No it's pronounced like a normal human would pronounce it ,you inbred american peice of shit.

Please note that although he is American and clearly stupid, we are not all like that in America :)

@butterfly614 Please note that although he is American and clearly stupid, we are not all like that in America :)

clears throat Please note that I'm a female. Also add to your notes that this question was not to be taken seriously, I am quite far from stupid. I may say something that may not convey what I intended, but I do not consider that the same as having low intelligence.

just sayin, europeans were inbreeding long before america was even discovered... so yeah...

@just sayin, europeans were inbreeding long before america was even discovered... so yeah...

And Americans (most of them anyway) trace there heritage back to these Europeans. So I guess that means we're all inbred?

So do non-Americans and some British people not have "jokes" either? I was almost certain they did

duckshirts avatar duckshirt Yeah You Are +2Reply

Ok, your comment actually made me laugh a little bit because:
A) Inbreds freak me out a little, so it's a little ironic that you chose to call me that.
B) An inside joke that's far too funny for you.