+196

What was the writer of "Silent Night" thinking? Something about a teenage girl giving birth to a screaming baby in a barn full of noisy animals doesn't seem silent, holy, calm, mild, or peaceful. amirite?

AyAmRights avatar
7 2
The voters have decided that AyAmRight is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Ok, I actually did a project on this song in German class. The story behind it was one year on Christmas eve morning a priest went into a church to inspect the organ before the Christmas eve services. A mouse had gotten into it and chewed all the strings so it wouldn't play anymore. The priest then had to write a song to be accompanied by his friend playing guitar, and it's all about how the organ wasn't working.

@armtheangels Ok, I actually did a project on this song in German class. The story behind it was one year on Christmas eve...

I could be wrong, but I think you missed the joke here. I believe she was referring to the birth of Jesus in a stable, surrounded by farm animals, hence why she used the word "holy".

8jtt9s avatar 8jtt9 Yeah You Are +2Reply