+396

You'd shave your head if your best friend got cancer and lost all of his/her hair, amirite?

tellmewhenitstimetosayiloveyous avatar
2 30
The voters have decided that tellmewhenitstimetosayiloveyou is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Sorry... I would feel horrible, but my hair is one of the few things I have going for me..... I would express my support in many other ways.. I'm just shallow like that.

@Sorry... I would feel horrible, but my hair is one of the few things I have going for me..... I would express my...

No I totally understand. I'm sure you have beautiful hair as well :)
I'm not trying to say that you should, but I would, and I was just wondering if other people would do the same.

Well if I had cancer I wouldn't want any of my friends to shave their heads.

I'm sorry. I wouldn't. For the record my friend got cancer and lost her hair, but I didn't think of shaving it. It's the one thing I have going for me!

When I had cancer, my dad shaved his head with me, and my mom cut hers really short, but I wouldn't have wanted my friends to do it. I hid my bald head under wigs anyway. If they shaved theirs too, it would just have meant they'd either have to get a wig too, or just walk around looking like they were the one with cancer :D

I've donated my hair to Locks of Love/Beautiful Lengths three times now and am working toward my fourth. The last time I did, I donated it in honor of my father, who had just passed away from cancer. My sister also cut 15 inches off of her hair - hair that she's had for over half of her life - and donated it honor of our sister-in-law, who had also recently passed away due to cancer.

I feel as though my hair can benefit others more than it can benefit me. These women and children are already going through so much and the least I can do is chop of a few dead skin cells to make their lives a little brighter.

If my best friend got cancer, I would definitely shave my hair and insist on making a wig out of it for her.

thegirlyouknews avatar thegirlyouknew Yeah You Are +7Reply
@thegirlyouknew I've donated my hair to Locks of Love/Beautiful Lengths three times now and am working toward my fourth. The last...

That is really so nice of you! I've donated my hair as well, but just saying that you'd want to shave your hair and make a wig out of it for them...it's just a really sweet thing.

The book. Chicken Soup for the ___ soul. Someone had a story on there about that.

@Mason The book. Chicken Soup for the ___ soul. Someone had a story on there about that.

Oh really? That's adorable, but I had no idea. I thought you meant you would make then chicken soup instead or something haha

Only if they were really self conscious about not having any hair.

Chicken Soup?

@Mason Chicken Soup?

Oh that's where I remember something like this from :)

I would in a heartbeat.

andmels avatar andmel Yeah You Are +1Reply

Well if they needed help getting a wig or something I'd totally help 'em out financially, but I wouldn't shave mah head.

No, sorry but I'm too shallow I just wouldn't be able to do it

528491s avatar 528491 No Way +1Reply
NoodleArmss avatar NoodleArms Yeah You Are +1Reply

well my hair looks horrible every day anyway

Readzs avatar Readz Yeah You Are +1Reply

Oh : P Haha.

There's a story about something like this on Six Billion Secrets. It almost made me cry.

my 1st grade teacher did that,she was awesome

Of course I would, but then again, as a guy, hair means little. Heck, appearance in general means little to me.

scrantoncitys avatar scrantoncity Yeah You Are 0Reply

i feel bad, but i probably wouldn't. i usually grow my hair long and then give to locks of love though.

I have long hair, and yes I would do this. Hell, some of my best friends have like the same hair as me, so I'd get like a wig made out of it and give it to them. But the rest of them have short hair so I'd just shave it.

rapemasterflexs avatar rapemasterflex Yeah You Are 0Reply

I would but only if I was asked.

Yes.

Went to look at wigs today with my best friend, she could not find one she liked. Recently diagnosed with extremely rare cancer, doctors don't even have any idea where to begin her treatment besides chemo n radiation swapping nearly every other day, hair loss has already begun. She has always told me she wanted my hair, I have been growing it out finally to the spot where I've always pictured it, middle of my back. Just got it colored, a trim..well I have found a website where I can shave my head and send my hair in and make a wig out of it. She is also wanting a New Era boston hat for the summer that can be attached, well I found that too, the wig will have non visible velcrow that will be able to attach and detach from the hat.

The funny thing is, I didn't even think twice about it, i don't care about my hair, or how I look I care that my best friend has the happiest rest of her days possible.
to infinity & beyond. C.A