-257

You wish the American Revolution had never happened, so we could all have cool accents, amirite?

0 35
The voters have decided that this post is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I wouldn't exist if the American Revolution didn't happen. I like existing, sorry.

The Founding Fathers, most of who were born in England, had British accent. We don't have British accents simply because we don't live in Britain and we developed a different way of speaking.

If we all had accents, none of us would.

Katffros avatar Katffro No Way +16Reply
@Katffro If we all had accents, none of us would.

'And if everyone's super... :dramatic pause:
No one will be.'

Sorry, reminded me of the Incredibles.

@Tempest_Trance 'And if everyone's super... :dramatic pause: No one will be.' Sorry, reminded me of the Incredibles.

Haha me too :D That's where I got it
And my friend, who told me, "A cookie every day isn't as special as a cookie once a month" in 3rd grade. Our school only sold cookies once in awhile.

...And no Democracy. And no corn dogs. And no Apple products. And we probably would have been nuked more by Germany in WWII.

I happen to be British. And for the record? British accents > American Accents.
Long live the queen and all that cliche brit crap.

@I happen to be British. And for the record? British accents > American Accents. Long live the queen and all that...

god save our gracious queen long live our noble queen god save the queen
send her victorious happy and glorious long to reign over us god save the queen

ono smilie

don't really care i'm canadian lol

Why would I want to be British? I like being free.

and pay extra for tea? OH HAEL NAW

just frickin move to Britain if you want one of their accents. And I personally prefer the Aussie accent, fyi.

America gaining its independence from Britain was inevitable.

BUT THEM MCDONALDS WOULD NEVER COME AROUND!!!!! WHERE ELSE WOULD I GET MY LITTLE LUMPS OF BUTTER WITH "M's" IMPRINTED ON THEM. And my untaxed tea? :C

Fattys avatar Fatty No Way +1Reply

Except I don't like British accents :/

@Tallglassofwater Except I don't like British accents :/

[COMMENT REPORTED TO THE CYBER-POLICE]

@Tallglassofwater Oh shit!!!!

yeah! take that you half glass of water!

@TalkingRice yeah! take that you half glass of water!

Shut up, rice. You're just sad that no one wants to eat you, while I look crisp and delicious.

Also, religious persecution
and I would cease to exist
and we would be oppressed, and have unjust taxes
and um...etcetera
you get the point :

Fattys avatar Fatty No Way 0Reply

I heard somewhere that what we know as "British" accents were developed after the American Revolution.

A. British accents suck. B. America > England. 3. Just no.

@danilol :O how dare you

If you disagree you = suck.

@Amish_Allosaurus If you disagree you = suck.

it doesn't mean i suck it means we have differing opinions of what a good country is amish_trollasaurus

@danilol it doesn't mean i suck it means we have differing opinions of what a good country is amish_trollasaurus

1:Mexican accents are funnier 2: Blue gatorade > america 3: I really like blue gatorade

Fattys avatar Fatty No Way 0Reply

But just think for a minute, if it didn't happen, and we were still under British rule, we wouldn't have the American food that we have today. And in my opinion, from what I've had of it, most British food is terrible.

@noppera_bou But just think for a minute, if it didn't happen, and we were still under British rule, we wouldn't have the...

umm..I can survive without mcdonalds? hahas
w.e I don't really care I'm Chinese :D but living in America would suck.
and McDonalds > fish and chips :]

The current American accent was the one our founding fathers and the people in Britan had during that time. The current English accent evolved years after the revolution.

fuck britan