-140

if you think about it, gays and lesbians are good for society, cause our primal instinct tell us to mate to someone of the opposite sex, and gays/lesbians, do the opposite, ignoring there primal instinct, and, in theory evolving into a more intelligent species, so gays/lesbians could stand as a monument to how advance we are as a species. amirite?

0 56
The voters have decided that this post is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

No, homosexuals do not go against their primal instinct, they have a different primal instinct.

@DanielJames No, homosexuals do not go against their primal instinct, they have a different primal instinct.

no. the instinct is for us to mate with the opposite sex, to have children and continue the population of the species.

razorsofts avatar razorsoft Yeah You Are +5Reply

but they can't reproduce, and therefore can't pass their "superior" genes on. they're pretty much evolutionarily doomed.

No... the way our brains work, it IS our primal primal instinct. We don't CHOOSE to do it.

Homosexuals aren't more advanced than heterosexuals.

You could argue that it's a plus, in the over-populated world, for anyone not to have kids, but mans gay do feel the "primal instinct" for children - hence why gay parenting, adoption and surrogacy are currently hot topics.

@Simon Homosexuals aren't more advanced than heterosexuals. You could argue that it's a plus, in the over-populated...

What I meant was, neither are more "advanced" - some people are attracted to the same sex, some the opposite, some to both. It has nothing to with evolutionary survival traits - just like some people are asexual, and some heterosexual people choose not to have sex, or use birth control, people in modern society do not exist purely to reproduce.

youaresodumbyouarereallydumbforeal.

A species can't evolve without reproduction. Homosexuality doesn't advance evolution in any way.

hahaha a pro-gay post has a negative score, that's new.

Why couldn't you just say gay/lesbians are good for our society because it shows that love has no limits or something like that...

annies avatar annie No Way +5Reply

I was thinking you'd say something about overpopulation when I first read this. "how advance we are as a species" kinda explains it

Please be a troll please be a troll...

I'm more concerned that people actually agreed with this.

Lkuns avatar Lkun No Way +5Reply

YOU'RE AN IDIOT.

by this logic suicidal people advance evolution because they go against their instincts to live.

I'm gay and I'm here to tell you that this is dumb. I also want to point out that it is natural to be gay, yes primal instinct tells us to increase the species, but we aren't babboons. We're sentient, intelligent beings. Besides, gay happens in the wild. Spider Monkeys (I think it's spider monkeys, it might be another kind) are mostly bisexual the only ones that aren't are mated pairs. Gay and straight pairs.

@AllanFoFallan I'm gay and I'm here to tell you that this is dumb. I also want to point out that it is natural to be gay, yes...

Bullshit... show me an article that provides evidence of those animals engage in intercourse.

Sex is sex.

A different sexual urge doesn't mean that you're evolved beyond other animals. It doesn't matter which hole you pick, really.

You are only more sexually/mentally refined if you have no urges at all; however, a species such as that probably wouldn't survive very long, and evolution only applies to something that helps a species to continue. Sexual evolution isn't possible without a change of anatomy.

dude theres not human things that are homosexual. so tell me how being gay is against primal instinct.

@imthatoneguy dude theres not human things that are homosexual. so tell me how being gay is against primal instinct.

Bullshit, show me a credible article, (has to have an example that is relatable to human homosexuality)

@ChosenToLead Bullshit, show me a credible article, (has to have an example that is relatable to human homosexuality)

http://news.nationalgeographic....gayanimal.html
http://www.news-medical.net/new.../23/20718.aspx
these prove that it exists, however im not exactly sure by what you meant by "relatable to human homosexuality"
did you mean having a long term relationship? because only about 3% of mammals mate for life heterosexually, so thats not as likely to exist, since both aspects are a rarity by themselves.

@imthatoneguy http://news.nationalgeographic....gayanimal.html http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/2...

First article: "They display classic pair-bonding behavior—entwining of necks, mutual preening, flipper flapping, and the rest." That is just cleaning each other....
Other examples are of bisexual and it's more of an alliance then partnership. This article is also too vague to compare to humans.
Second article: talks of Whole populations of being bisexual this is unrelatable to humans.

I took time to study many of claimed homosexual species and would that none are relatable to humans so far. If you have a particular species that is relatable please tell me i'll look into it.

@ChosenToLead First article: "They display classic pair-bonding behavior—entwining of necks, mutual preening, flipper...

The first article "They display classic pair-bonding behavior—entwining of necks, mutual preening, flipper flapping, and the rest. They also have sex, while ignoring potential female mates." THEY ALSO HAVE GAY SEX! And no it's not just cleaning each other, it's part of their courting behaviour (I've studied animal science) it helps reinforce the pair bond as penguins are monogamous.

how is it relevant that it is relatable to humans? as long as homosexual activities are being practiced, my point is valid.

It would only really help if all the stupid people were gay and as such, would not reproduce.

If ignoring our primal instincts will lead to evolution as a species, and surely our most powerful primal instinct is that of survival. Then based on your 'theory' commiting suicide, ignoring our most primal instict to survive, is also a form of evolution

This is not how evolution works. -facepalm-

more like how corrupt the spices is

@ChosenToLead more like how corrupt the spices is

@1159917 (ChosenToLead): I know! Those spices are just so corrupt. Don't even get me STARTED on that paprika!

@SpearmintMilk Regardless it doesn't show how corrupt a species is.

They EXCHANGED the truth about God for a LIE, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

Because of this, God gave them over to SHAMEFUL LUSTS. Even their women EXCHANGED natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also ABANDONED natural relations with women and were inflamed with LUST for one another. Men committed SHAMEFUL acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their ERROR.

~ Doesn't look like this describes an advancement. AT ALL.

@ChosenToLead It's not an argument, those are facts...

How on earth are they facts? There is no proof of that happening. Or in fact any proof of there being a God at all.

@SpearmintMilk How on earth are they facts? There is no proof of that happening. Or in fact any proof of there being a God at all.

How,? let me see...

"They EXCHANGED the truth about God for a LIE,
(how is this? well you gave a perfect example "Or in fact any proof of there being a God at all.")

and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
(people now worship themselves, things like Money, success, pets, family or what ever else in this world but not God)

Because of this, God gave them over to SHAMEFUL LUSTS (Homosexuality) Even their women EXCHANGED natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.(lesbians) In the same way the men also ABANDONED natural relations with women and were inflamed with LUST for one another.(Gays"men") Men committed SHAMEFUL acts(homo-sex) with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their ERROR.(HIV & AIDS)

@ChosenToLead How,? let me see... "They EXCHANGED the truth about God for a LIE, (how is this? well you gave a perfect example...

Ok, they are opinions. Where is the proof that any of that actually happend? Nothing that you said was a fact. Also, you do realise that HIV & AIDS doesn't affect all men... and it affects straight people as well right? It's not like someone automatically gets HIV as soon as they come out as gay.

@SpearmintMilk Ok, they are opinions. Where is the proof that any of that actually happend? Nothing that you said was a fact...

Historically HIV came to USA through a gay person, and no it's not automatic, just like when there is a plague sent on a country not everyone gets sick but a good majority. What aids really show is how they change partners so quickly it's purely a hunt for greater pleasure which is not found so they move on. It's dominated by lust and not love because God is love and when God is not invited in the relationship it doesn't work.