+1,428

In Harry Potter, the Daily Prophet is kinda like Fox News in our world, amirite?

XsoulXsnatcherXs avatar Books
87 129
The voters have decided that XsoulXsnatcherX is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Not really...the Daily Prophet is controlled by the Ministry to publish the content they want published. Fox News is just a news organization that leans conservatively. They're not analogous.

Then is the quibbler liberal?

@garrettruskamp Then is the quibbler liberal?

The Quibbler is like The National Enquirer.

Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are +20Reply

Or, y'know, EVERY biased news supplier, not just the most publicized one.
My newspaper is pretty biased.

Katffros avatar Katffro No Way +30Reply
@990905

That's bull and you know it. Well, not the Hitler part, but the part about CNN vs. Fox. It's bull and you know it... oh wait... of course you don't know it. If anybody that criticized Fox actually bothered to watch Fox, they would realize that the only reason Fox is hated is because they're right-wing. It's just like racism, only with political agendas.

@990956

I'm just gonna hold my tongue hear and assume that you're joking about the Onion.
Anyways I've watched Fox as much as any other news station and the fact is, neither are more biased than the other. They employ different tactics. Some stations like to relate to you, Fox likes to try and shock you. Either way, the biggest difference is the views that are expressed.

@canadianspunge I'm just gonna hold my tongue hear and assume that you're joking about the Onion. Anyways I've watched Fox as much...

But, views should not be expressed in a news situation, unless it's a debating program. News is not supposed to be related to personal views. I mean, fair and balanced, amirite?

@But, views should not be expressed in a news situation, unless it's a debating program. News is not supposed to be...

Then people need to stop hating on Fox and hate on all news stations.
You guys are missing my point, I'm not saying that Fox is better than any others, I'm simply saying they're all equally biased and bad, and if you can manage to find one that isn't, more power to ya, but stop hating on Fox as if it's worse just because you don't agree.

Two Harry Potter PTD in a row? There is a God.
inb4 scrantoncity does whatever he does with what I just said

@Blearslyrarer Two Harry Potter PTD in a row? There is a God. inb4 scrantoncity does whatever he does with what I just said

EVIDENCE???

Harry Potter is about magic, which is an evil and false institution that corrupts the minds of the youth. Just like evolution, magic is founded on utter nonsense. J.K Rowling is a descipacble person who should be stoned to death alongside all scientists. If you have ever read any of the HP books, you are not a true Christian.

@DanielJames EVIDENCE??? Harry Potter is about magic, which is an evil and false institution that corrupts the minds of the...

It seems like every post that's anti-Scrantoncity gets a lot of 'loves.' So, in an attempt to stay hip with the new amirite trends (or whatever you kids call them these days):

Scrantoncity is dumb.

Baconnoisseurs avatar Baconnoisseur Yeah You Are +18Reply

Have you even read the books? J. K. Rowling is a Christian, and get this: she even ties some aspects o Christianity into the books! sarcastic gasp

On the contrary, to the best of my ability, I do not know of anything that presents Harry Potter as fact. Now, I have no problem with Darwin's work of fiction, but it's when the schools start saying it's true is when alarms go off.

@scrantoncity Well it is fiction...

And that's the one reason why we're not friends. Because it would seriously make a great T-shirt, with our faces and names on it.

@Katffro jw, would your alarms go off if they said creationism is true?

I'd have a problem if they said it was proven fact, yes. Because it isn't proven fact. You simply cannot prove the existence of a deity by the scientific method. Logic shows that there is, but that's not proven fact.

@990940

Uh, wasn't me, moron.

@scrantoncity On the contrary, to the best of my ability, I do not know of anything that presents Harry Potter as fact. Now, I...

Schools don't explicitly say that the theory of evolution is indesputable fact. However, it is a widely accepted theory, so it makes sense that they teach it. Presenting creationalism alongside the Big Bang theory wouldn't change kids minds, as creationalism is a theory routed in religion and kids usually learn religion from their parents.
But whatever you believe, it's still demeaning to refer to Darwin's work simply as "fiction."

@plotbunnyhunter Schools don't explicitly say that the theory of evolution is indesputable fact. However, it is a widely accepted...

First off, that's false, they do present it as fact.

Secondly, in no way is creationism less scientific then evolutionism.

Third, uh... Are you saying it isn't fiction?

@scrantoncity First off, that's false, they do present it as fact. Secondly, in no way is creationism less scientific then...

First off, give it a rest, it's just a school curriculum! If parents want their kids to believe in creationism, they'll teach them that. Second, go ahead, try and explain creationism using any factors of science, such as elements, molecules, cells,etc. (Saying something along the lines of "And then He created elements, molecules, and cells" doesn't count.) Third, yes I am saying that, but just because something isn't fiction doesn't mean it's an indesputable fact. And even if you don't believe in it simply labeling it fiction is a huge oversimplication. Fiction implies that the author wrote it with the intent of making something up; even if you don't believe in evolution there are pleanty of people who do, including Darwin.

I know that nothing will ever convince you to believe in evolution, but you could at least respect it.

@plotbunnyhunter First off, give it a rest, it's just a school curriculum! If parents want their kids to believe in creationism...

Your spelling is nearly as bad as your argument.

Okay, so you condone children being blatantly lied to in textbooks? I dunno about you, but that's intolerable.

Secondly, I'm not qualified to do that. Could you do that for evolution? No. Don't ask for stuff you couldn't do. And if you CAN do that, do explain how the first living cell began... That's really a miracle.

It's fiction. You realize Darwin was just writing what he thought?

@scrantoncity Your spelling is nearly as bad as your argument. Okay, so you condone children being blatantly lied to in...

And you do realize that arguing you is like trying to talk some sense into a brick wall? Just as I acknowledged that I'm not going to be capable of changing your opinion, you're not going to change mine. Maybe one day it'll just clicked that it's not only you who doesn't enjoy having what they believe in completely disregarded.

So you're saying that Fox news will be or already is controlled by a noseless dictator?

Why are all the POTDs Harry Potter related lately? d smilie

Would that make Rita Skeeter the Sarah Palin correspondent in this example?

@Desdemona Would that make Rita Skeeter the Sarah Palin correspondent in this example?

Isn't Rita Skeeter a interviewer and article writer, not a politician? Maybe Rita Skeeter = Ann Coltuer or what ever her name is. Glenn Beck?

Phils avatar Phil No Way 0Reply
@990853

(Polarthebear):expressed as if talking to a baby wait what was that? Oh I think someone is jelly. Oh yes you are :) yes you are !

Jon Stewart would favorite this

...What are we doing guys? LOOK AT US. We're fighting over such trivial matters! In my opinion, I believe we should finally come together as ONE, bask in one another's warmth and happiness, and just love rainbows and sunshine and unicorns dashing through the meadows. Once we all do this, I think we can then hope for a more peaceful future, where amiriters join their neighboring amiriters hand-in-hand. Who will join me? reaches out hand

And the daily punctilio from a series of unfortunate events

donpatchs avatar donpatch Yeah You Are +9Reply

I always imagined Rita Skeeter to look like Sara Palin

mylifeisflys avatar mylifeisfly Yeah You Are +8Reply

fuck the people complaining about POTDs being about harry potter. its easy to relate to, most people will understand the jokes/connectionsm, and theres so much material. if you want a non-harry potter POTD then make one yourself

names avatar name Yeah You Are +8Reply

Guys, relax. It's not like the POTD is going to stay like this forever. There's going to be a brand-new POTD tomorrow, so I think you can just bear with this one for one day, yeah? no smilie

Nonchalant_Ninas avatar Nonchalant_Nina Yeah You Are +8Reply

It's like people can't seem to decide whether to hate the Harry Potter-yness of it or the Fox News-yness of it.

I just realized that this site has just as much trolling and arguments as Youtube. Fact.

The Prophet is full of deceit
I cringe after reading's complete
Full of pain are my eyes
After reading those lies
I do hope I still have my receipt.

This post would be worded better if you said, "The Daily Prophet in Harry Potter is kind of like the Fox News of our world, amirite?"

@Shadi This post would be worded better if you said, "The Daily Prophet in Harry Potter is kind of like the Fox News of...

(Chauncy Pickles): oh my gosh, i cannot believe you were the first person to remark on this post's grammar!!! yes, something like, "The Daily Prophet is like the Fox News of our world, amirite?" would be much, much better!!

@991279

I guess it is more a matter of prose.

@991303

I just thought the original post could be misinterpreted to mean that the Daily Prophet is part of our world.

I'm eating chips.

@Roy I'm eating chips.

They're definitely not Mojitos,
Nor are they those hot hot burritos,
I surely can't mask
How I do beg to ask
Whether or not they are doritos?

whats with the hating of the HP?

@Bethanytheravenclaw whats with the hating of the HP?

Evidently only MLIAers can like one of the most popular book series of all time.

no! don't say that! I don't want to IMAGINE a world with fox news as the only popular news source!

QueenofModestys avatar QueenofModesty Yeah You Are +2Reply
@990792

God DAMN it. Three minutes before me!

@990792

Sorry I am not up to date, but what is this?

gweethemetfans avatar gweethemetfan Yeah You Are 0Reply
@PublicAccount running joke.

No, it stopped running a while ago. People killed it

@PublicAccount running joke.

still doesnt answer my question...

@gweethemetfan still doesnt answer my question...

In short, Zubat eats chips. But now people over-use it.
Psh, new guy...

@990792

Reporting in to be eaten.

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are 0Reply
@990815

Hey Fnat! How are you today? :D

@990965

realdizzy, what do you recommend for my arthritis?

@991130

wohh. Slow down there. You don't wanna hurt yourself riding him like that without a helmet. But here's a cookie for your lame excuse for a dis hands over cookie and pats your head :) who is a good boy? Yes! You are! :)

wasnt there just a POTD bashing Fox?

@992785

I wouldn't say that :D
I do not know that word yet.

more like the national enquirer

@1047516

with all those "like"'s and "ohemgee"'s you sound pretty damn american to me.

technically, Fox news is liberal biased and the Daily Prophet would be considered conservative biased, but yeah, this was hilarious

what's with all the Fox news hate all of a sudden? All of you dumbasses probably don't know shit about politics, and only support liberals because your family is poor as shit.

@991284

I hope for the sake of humanity you don't have political views

I thought this was amirite?, not some harry potter fanboy bullshit.

@991287

There was one about harry potter yesterday too dipshit

@992411

Just because you're a 14 year old harry potter fanboy. You and every other fan needs a life. The amount of idiocy in this post is traumatizing.

Yep, makes up info to become popular, sounds right.

vitaminbs avatar vitaminb Yeah You Are -14Reply
@990913

ah, my apologies

vitaminbs avatar vitaminb Yeah You Are 0Reply

This site is becoming a more gay, liberal, and Harry Potter obsessed mlia.

@Shadi Just like you!

FYI: I'm a straight conservative who hates mlia. Harry Potter was the downfall of that site and will be the same here. Also nobody wants a biased post of the day (except those who agree, I.e liberals), one view will obviously be pissed.

@TheDemoCUNT FYI: I'm a straight conservative who hates mlia. Harry Potter was the downfall of that site and will be the same...

You misinterpreted my reply to your first comment. I never said you aren't a straight conservative who hates mlia. I just said you are becoming more gay, more liberal, and more like a Harry Potter obsessed mlia.

@991142 (TheDemoCUNT): Damn, guh! You need to calm down!

No, the downfall of MLIA is that people stopped writing stories about their average lives and started writing completely unbelievable or unrelatable ones.

a_fetuss avatar a_fetus Yeah You Are +1Reply

To much harry potter D:<

Handsys avatar Handsy No Way -18Reply

Why do we have harry potter posts of the day for two days in a row??!?!?!? this isn't fucking MLIA.

@kayawithpig Why do we have harry potter posts of the day for two days in a row??!?!?!? this isn't fucking MLIA.

All right. Harry Potter ≠ MLIA. Don't let MLIA's insanity corrupt what is a perfectly lovely thing to enjoy. Harry Potter has its fandom, which like other series, ranges from sane to bat-shit crazy. Amirite's HP fans, exemplified by intelligent posts like this, leans toward the sane.

Also, Harry Potter takes place in a very thoroughly-imagined world which, although including many magical elements, shares a lot of similarity with our own. Thus, a great many interesting posts (like this one) can be made. Maybe even some of these deserve POTD. Who knew?!

Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are +10Reply
@Rocky All right. Harry Potter ≠ MLIA. Don't let MLIA's insanity corrupt what is a perfectly lovely thing to enjoy...

I'm just saying, I dislike Harry Potter, I find it pretty unspectacular, so to have a POTD about it two days in a row is a bit irritating to me, because I can't really relate to it.

Anonymous