+295

Clarinet Players: It's all fun and games, until someone chips a reed. amirite?

actress34s avatar Music
11 17
The voters have decided that actress34 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

ESPECIALLY during a concert. The prepared player ALWAYS brings their reed case to a concert. :)

loverat222s avatar loverat222 Yeah You Are +4Reply
@loverat222 ESPECIALLY during a concert. The prepared player ALWAYS brings their reed case to a concert. :)

Ugh, I broke my reed on a bus getting ready to play in front of judges for band... I had to borrow one from someone I didn't know.. It was used... But we got first place, so it was okay, haha

BeatleBabes avatar BeatleBabe Yeah You Are 0Reply

Other Reed Instruments: It's all fun and games until the clarinets think THEIR reeds are superior, amirite?

...I totally see the point, though. Having stabbed myself with a reed before.

Why is this specific to clarinets?

@Kevinmat Why is this specific to clarinets?

Yeah! What's wrong with Saxophones and Oboes?

Hell yes

camclarinets avatar camclarinet Yeah You Are +1Reply

It only refers to clarinets because they are the reed instruments that matter! lol jk

Always keep an extra reed in your pocket. No matter what instrument you play, it can save you.

@SpelingChampien Always keep an extra reed in your pocket. No matter what instrument you play, it can save you.

so you're saying a trumpet player should need a reed in their pocket because it might save us? XD

My friend says this all the time. It's true though

I'd rather not play than borrow a used reed!!!

loverat222s avatar loverat222 Yeah You Are 0Reply