-47

Stars really shouldn't complain about their lives. They act like it's so hard and the press is on them all the time but they should try working a real job, earning a real paycheck that corresponds with their work and living with normal standards, amirite?

ryry16123s avatar
0 41
The voters have decided that ryry16123 is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Many celebrities are self-made millionaires who worked hard to get where they are today. Actors, musicians, and athletes certainly earn money that corresponds with their work. You don't comprehend the stress of having your every move heavily scrutinized or being away from your family for months at a time.

They can NEVER live a normal life until they completely drop out of the spotlight and move secretly, possibly a name change or something. People will ALWAYS scrutinize them even if they stop doing whatever they got famous for. Also, I doubt your father is a self-made millionaire. Millionaire does not equal fame.

Once you're famous, you always will be (in most cases anyways).

Once you have someone watching you at all times, once you have people looking up to you, once you have people waiting for you to slip up and ruin you, we can talk.

Taters avatar Tater No Way +15Reply
@Tater They can NEVER live a normal life until they completely drop out of the spotlight and move secretly, possibly a...

@davids: I think he was more just trying to make a point than brag.

@Cersei: Honestly, I don't have any other suggestions, and I can totally understand not believing OP without proof - I feel the same way. Except using the fact that he didn't give you what you wanted as direct proof that he's lying isn't a reasonable assumption.

@ryry16123 What are the names of your father's companies? If you can show me proof these companies exist as well as proof that you are related to him, then I will believe your story.

@Emperorerror If OP is claiming to have a father who is a self made multimillionare, I will not believe it without proof. I am not naive enough to have faith in someone I do not know. If OP doesn't want to share his or her information, then OP will live with the knowledge that I and many others do not believe in his claims to have a rich father who owns many companies.

That's irrelevant. If personal information is the only way you can believe him, then it's unfair to say his story is 100% untrue without him giving you the information you want.

If he goes around bragging about how much his father makes but is scared to give out what business he owns then I can say its untrue all I want

I agree that it is an unfair request, but I only asked because it was the only way, or at least I thought it was, to believe OP's story. How else would you propose OP deliver proof? I am willing to believe OP if the evidence is truly believable.

Duh millionaire does not equal fame. He actually doesn't have that much money, only 3 million from the pharmaceutical industry. He created transplant and hemophilia drug companies which he now owns and operates.

ryry16123s avatar ryry16123 Yeah You Are -12Reply
@ryry16123 Duh millionaire does not equal fame. He actually doesn't have that much money, only 3 million from the...

I like how you ignore the valid points I've made. Not to mention you sound spoiled by saying "not that much money" and "only 3 million." And I'd like proof of your "father"'s company. Just for laughs.

Taters avatar Tater No Way +29Reply

Please explain how you can properly gauge how hard someone works for their money.

You try being surrounded by people everyday, taking your photo, critizing every little thing you do. It's not easy being in the spotlight all the time, at photo shoots having everyone tell you that you are too fat even when you havent eaten in 2 weeks, people yelling at you when your forget a line more than 2 times. It is especially not easy when you are on your period and sometimes just want to be left the hell alone

Many celebrities work extremely hard 15 hours a day, 7 days a week. In a way, they never get a break, because part of their job is about publicity, and the press makes sure they're always in the public eye.

You make it seem like being someone such as a singer, actor or star athlete has it easy. If that's the case, I ask you, why isn't everyone a celebrity? You make it sound like the cushiest job out there. The answer is simple: not everyone is a celebrity because it's hard. The industry is very competitive and unforgiving. They worked hard to get to where they are.

Your opinion is quite ignorant, and in a few sentences, you completely disregarded all the hard work that people put in to entertain you.
-claps slowly-

Oops. Bad post.

Oh my god, who the hell cares?

Maybe his dad's "pharmaceutical" companies are actually meth labs so that's why he won't tell us. O:

And you're not forced to do this...it's a career choice! Change careers if it's really that bad!

ryry16123s avatar ryry16123 Yeah You Are -11Reply
@ryry16123 And you're not forced to do this...it's a career choice! Change careers if it's really that bad!

You talk as though you know everything. For some this was not their career choice.You are living off your "millionaire" daddy who "doesn't have that much" you wanted us to know how much your dad has.. "only 3 million" pft. Do you even know how much 3 million dollars could help in different places of the world?!
You act like a spoiled rich kid now who doesn't give a damn about anyone other then himself.

@You talk as though you know everything. For some this was not their career choice.You are living off your...

Actually, when I was younger we barely had any money, we lived in a tiny duplex where we couldn't afford dinner some nights. My family is also one of the most giving. Most of the family money is given away to people who need it so it's not like we see it. We still live in avery average house, driving average cars.

My father is a self made millionaire so actually I do. And actors, athletes and musicians honestly don't do millions of dollars worth of work! The people who deserve that are people that further our infrastructure such as teachers

ryry16123s avatar ryry16123 Yeah You Are -26Reply
@ryry16123 My father is a self made millionaire so actually I do. And actors, athletes and musicians honestly don't do...

Your dad's a self-made millionaire, yet just now he's earning enough money so your mom can stay at home...?

YeahIAms avatar YeahIAm No Way +30Reply

@Handsy. I'm not sure what part of the US you live in where the public school teachers are over paid but please direct me to it. As someone who aspires to teach the burden of not being able to pay for college is an ever present reality. A lot of teachers actually have to work multiple jobs to get themselves by. One of my teachers has been trying to retire for 5 years but can't afford it yet. And to top it all off the student to teacher ratio is way out of balance because schools aren't getting enough funding. And in case you forgot what a teachers job is, it's to teach our next generation. To make sure that kids don't go out in the world as complete idiots who become mindless slaves to media. Which most of us already are. So now we have an extremely over worked person who is shaping the future of our country and you're going to tell me that they're over paid? Not a single teacher teaches for the money. Every single one of them does it because they simply love to teach. If you ask me teachers really couldn't get paid enough. Their job is far too important to be ignored for financial reasons. Which many aspiring teachers will do.

@Scientist @Handsy. I'm not sure what part of the US you live in where the public school teachers are over paid but please...

Where I live, public school teachers make about $70,000 a year. That's a lot considering they get summer off.

It annoys me when people say athletes or celebrities are over paid. They generate all the revenue in their industries so why shouldn't they be paid? You know who is over paid? Many a CEO of a company. How a CEO can give himself multi-million dollar bonuses as the company goes bankrupt I will never understand. Obviously not all CEOs do this but those that due are overpaid.

The average public school teacher in America makes just under 40,000 dollars a year. I don't really know how we can raise it but don't say it's too low.

I don't know where the fuck you live but $70,000 is NOT the norm. Where I live garbarge men make more than teachers.

@Handsy In the US teachers make enough money as it is.

Where have you been? No they don't, they are really underpaid. Professors are the ones paid well, not normal teachers.

Taters avatar Tater No Way +39Reply
@Tater Where have you been? No they don't, they are really underpaid. Professors are the ones paid well, not normal teachers.

MILLIONS of dollars of tax payers money has been put towards the teachers union in these past years, not to mention the stuff they've always had, for example, free healthcare and dental. So yea, they're pretty well off.

@Handsy MILLIONS of dollars of tax payers money has been put towards the teachers union in these past years, not to mention...

Free healthcare and dental? My mom used to be a teacher and if she were to have used the healthcare through the school, it would have been so expensive. Luckily the reason my dad is a self made millionaire is because he's started up pharmacies so obviously we get it through him.

ryry16123s avatar ryry16123 Yeah You Are -2Reply
@Handsy Key word 'Used.'

Used to meaning last year. My dad is finally making enough money to where she can be a stay home mom.

ryry16123s avatar ryry16123 Yeah You Are -3Reply