+343

It's comforting to know that the Creator of the entire universe loves you, amirite?

Relationships
12 20

It is not very comforting that he wants to kill you and the rest of the world (Revelations). And the fact that he's already done it. Just saying, my perspective but I know i'm going to get crap from it.

@It is not very comforting that he wants to kill you and the rest of the world (Revelations). And the fact that he's...

Besides in the OT, who does God kill now? Can you name an exact verse that says he wants to kill us all?

I love Morgan Freeman too

HopeImrites avatar HopeImrite Yeah You Are +4Reply

I love the Big Bang, too. <3

Aside from some of the comments at the beginning, this made me smile. :)

IdkWat2Puts avatar IdkWat2Put Yeah You Are 0Reply

It's not comforting if you don't believe in Him. Just saying...

I've always thought that particular thought was more arrogant than anything... but sure.

If I remember correctly, though, this love comes with certain conditions, amirite? Big things - like not working on the Sabbath. Surely that warrants death though. So besides unnecessary murder, I'm sure it's all love.

@YourStupid I've always thought that particular thought was more arrogant than anything... but sure. If I remember correctly...

Lol... No. Maybe you should read the Book He compiled. It's quite good, actually, and it's inerrant!

scrantoncitys avatar scrantoncity Yeah You Are 0Reply
@scrantoncity Lol... No. Maybe you should read the Book He compiled. It's quite good, actually, and it's inerrant!

No - the thought isn't arrogant? Or no, the bible does not say that working on the Sabbath is punishable by death?

@Cashew God's love is unconditional. Working on the Sabbath will not make Him love you any less.

"Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death." (Exodus 31:12)

@YourStupid "Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will...

That's true, but that is found in the Old Testament. Jesus' death on the cross freed us from the punishments of the Old Testament. He died to cover for all of our sins, including working on the Sabbath. His death on the cross is just one of the ways He shows us his unconditional love.

@yddraigarian so god doesn't love jews then?

God loves everyone, whether they worship or believe in Him or not.

@Cashew God loves everyone, whether they worship or believe in Him or not.

wakeup call: jews believe in god. you said "That's true, but that is found in the Old Testament. Jesus' death on the cross freed us from the punishments of the Old Testament." that's all well and good for christians, but what about others?

@yddraigarian wakeup call: jews believe in god. you said "That's true, but that is found in the Old Testament. Jesus' death on...

(Sorry, I should have said Jesus instead of God. Jews don't believe that Jesus was the son of God.) Well I honestly don't know. All I know is that the Bible says that God is not willing any should perish, and that the only way to Heaven is through Jesus. So I guess if you don't accept Jesus as your savior, then you don't go to Heaven.

Yet it's punishable by death? I don't see how that shows a great amount of love.

An explosion can't love me. Are you crazy?
:p

GOD IS NOT REAL!!!!! CHUCK NORRIS HAS SPOKEN!