+107

All people on Earth are different incarnations of you. You are every person that has ever lived or will ever live. The universe was created so with each new life you could grow and mature and become a larger and greater intellect. You’re a fetus. You’re still growing. Once you’ve lived every human life throughout all time, you will have grown enough to be born. Intriguing thought, amirite?

DanielJamess avatar
12 22
The voters have decided that DanielJames is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I read and enjoyed the poem. What I took from it was: You should always think about the way your actions will effect others/ yourself/ your surroundings/ the future (in no particular order). The world, the universe, everything is bigger than you, yet you are the most important part in it. Time is an illusion. Every experience you have you must learn from it and grow.

SpearmintMilks avatar SpearmintMilk Yeah You Are +5Reply

Let's play "How much bullshit can you fit in one post?"

Here's what my brain has as a response...'Derp'.

If you liked this poem, I feel like you would really like Walt Whitman.

It seems weird and doesn't make sense to me. shrugs

Disclaimer: no, this is not my original idea. It is adapted from a poem written by Andy Weir called "The Egg." I recommend reading it in full, it blew my mind.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html

DanielJamess avatar DanielJames Yeah You Are 0Reply
@DanielJames Disclaimer: no, this is not my original idea. It is adapted from a poem written by Andy Weir called "The Egg." I...

Read it.

I was expected miles and miles of text.

So, an over-simplistic view of the poem would be that it's a "be-good-to-your-fellow-man-for-we-are-all-brothers" underlying meaning?

Or is it more, you have no free will, and will continue to live the roles played out in history?

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Simon Read it. I was expected miles and miles of text. So, an over-simplistic view of the poem would be that it's a...

I think it can be interpreted in many ways. I don't think the author had an underlying meaning or his own personal message hidden in between the lines; I think it's just an alternative twist on life and religion and existence.

DanielJamess avatar DanielJames Yeah You Are +1Reply
@DanielJames I think it can be interpreted in many ways. I don't think the author had an underlying meaning or his own personal...

I feel a bit sorry for the person from whose perspective it was written. This ten minute conversation with the person, time approx. 7 billion people that one person will be, and then die, and then have the same, or similar conversation with, before he gets to retire.

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are +3Reply

I'm scared to.

This post already caused brain aneurysms, I'm terrified of what a whole page would do.

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Simon I'm scared to. This post already caused brain aneurysms, I'm terrified of what a whole page would do.

It doesn't matter if you read it or not because I am just one of your incarnations so you have either already read it or are going to read it in the future.

DanielJamess avatar DanielJames Yeah You Are +9Reply

I knew I read this before! It is a strangely intriguing concept. The amazing thing about these theories is that they are all meaningful in their own way, but of course, we'll never know which is true until we die.

@1110441

I love you.

I really enjoyed that prose, and I love the concept of this. And can I say, when I first read this post, it really reminded me of Matt Davis's tweets (Ernesto Riley).

PirateQueens avatar PirateQueen Yeah You Are 0Reply

I read that poem about two weeks ago and it truly blew my mind!

My friend made me read this story a few weeks ago. It changed my entire perception of life.

I've thought of this before. A lot of times, when my best friend and I walk around at night, we talk about the meaning of life. Or different theories about what life is.

rapemasterflexs avatar rapemasterflex Yeah You Are 0Reply

wow

You sound like you're impersonating a stoner. Big words and confusing, paradoxical concepts are good methods to make you sound smart.

That's good. That would make a wicked movie