+328

Wanna try and comprehend how smart the brain is? Think about throwing a ball. Ever done that problem in physics with all the acceleration of gravity, force applied, distance, air resistance, etc.? Well, when you actually throw a ball, your brain does all of that in a split second. Without numbers. Pretty damn amazing, amirite?

thatguyss avatar
14 26
The voters have decided that thatguys is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

your brain isn't calculating the exact numbers and factoring in all those things, you estimate

I think has a lot to do with space perception and trial and error.
A baby doesn't know how hard to throw the ball to get it to you. After a few years u realize you have to throw a ball harder to get it to go a farther distance.

@fuckoffwhore not the knowledge of all the math

it's still math, you just don't see it as it. Hence the "no numbers". It's like how you play minesweeper, you use a lot of statistics, but you don't blantantly factor them all in all the time.

thatguyss avatar thatguys Yeah You Are 0Reply
@thatguys it's still math, you just don't see it as it. Hence the "no numbers". It's like how you play minesweeper, you use a...

dude... people KNOW how to play mindsweeper? i have never ever for the life of me been able to find any sort of way to figure out what the fuck i was doing

@thatguys you just proved my point? You do it without thinking about it?

i wasnt arguing with you i was just saying i didnt know there was any skill to laying mindsweeper i thought it was like randome

@fuckoffwhore i wasnt arguing with you i was just saying i didnt know there was any skill to laying mindsweeper i thought it was...

it's about how random it is. A one in a million chance is pretty random, while a 9/10 isn't that unexpected.

@thatguys yea I know?

so they cant really be compared

@fuckoffwhore so they cant really be compared

comparing and using another example are two different things hun

@thatguys comparing and using another example are two different things hun

fine. then you cant really use that as an example sense it cant be compared

@fuckoffwhore fine. then you cant really use that as an example sense it cant be compared

Yes I can? I can show you two different algebra problems, having nothing to do with each other, yet I still show you algebra? And just like that, algebra has nothingn to do with this, yet I just used it as an example?

*since

@thatguys @904164 (ilostmyshoe): perception only comes from knowledge

a lot of knowledge comes from experience. and we all have space perception.

then why the hell is it so hard to write then numbers down?

Whatever you thought was probably completely off in terms of speed and height and whatnot, and simply the closest of your recent memories of a ball thrown upwards.

...and why do I always miss????