+273

When we had the mile; it looked bad to be the last one running. Now we have the pacer and it looks good to be the last one running. The public school system needs to stop screwing with our minds. amirite?

Pedo_Cats avatar Education
2 27
The voters have decided that Pedo_Cat is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

What's the pacer? My school doesn't have that

@rootbeeryumyum What's the pacer? My school doesn't have that

There's this pacer that starts off beeping really slowly, and gradually beeps faster and faster as time goes on. You have to run back and forth from wall to wall (or point to point, or whatever), and you have to make it to the other wall before the beep. If it beeps before you make it, you're out. So obviously it's good if you can keep going for a long time.

@rootbeeryumyum Ohhh gotcha we've done that just called it something different. Thanks for helping me!

No problem. What was it called? And actually I've only ever done the pacer once in my life, but I've done the mile countless times.

I've never even heard of the pacer...

It's called the beep test here...

Has anyone else noticed that your lungs burn after the pacer? After my class was done running it everyone was gasping and coughing and asking to get a drink. The gym teacher gave us this huge lecture on how if we were in better shape we wouldn't feel like that, so just wondering.

FlyingGuineaPigs avatar FlyingGuineaPig Yeah You Are +1Reply

Pacers suck.
Even back when I was a gymnast & runner I couldn't meet the required laps.

@Pacers suck. Even back when I was a gymnast & runner I couldn't meet the required laps.

What were your required laps? The ones at my school weren't too bad..

Frostehhs avatar Frostehh Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Frostehh What were your required laps? The ones at my school weren't too bad..

I don't think the coach had the right distances. They seemed just a little too long.

@I don't think the coach had the right distances. They seemed just a little too long.

Ah, yeah maybe, since at my school even the slowest people at least passed.

@Frostehh Ah, yeah maybe, since at my school even the slowest people at least passed.

Yeah, hardly anyone did. And my class was the athletic girls.

I hate both of those. -_-

I hate the pacer with a burning passion. I'm never able to do the required amount of laps. At least this is the last time I ever have to do it :D

I HATE the pacer. And the damn dude is so fucking annoying. Everytime we have to do it, I mock him. I usually get like 30 or 40 or so -_-

I remember doing the mile and pacer in middle school. Then just the pacer in high school. The pacer is such a waste of time, I always just do a set amount and drop out.

I actually really liked the pacer. It felt more like a competition, so I was always determined to try and be the last one running.

I had never even heard of the pacer until i read this. never did that. we did run the mile though...although for the last four years ive been home schooled so i don't have to run it anymore

Illinois had it since 2002, but few schools did it. I live in the Frankfort area and we just started it a few years ago. I got 99 on it.