+76

If you follow the logic of anti abortion Christians, the typical masturbating male is a serial killer. amirite?

Vlisss avatar
1 59
The voters have decided that Vliss is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Wrong. Sperm alone cannot EVER produce an embryo. However, a fertilized egg IS an embryo and therefore, the beginnings of a baby.

Your thought process is illogical, even though I know what you are trying to say.

Etherials avatar Etherial No Way +16Reply
@Vliss Sperm have life too. "It's about the sanctity of life." -_-

I hope you're not serious about sperm having life. Neither sperm nor eggs will EVER become capable of bearing life on their own.

@Etherial I hope you're not serious about sperm having life. Neither sperm nor eggs will EVER become capable of bearing life...

What are you saying? they run on batteries. Obviously they have life if they are wiggling and their tales are moving.

Vlisss avatar Vliss Yeah You Are -6Reply
@Vliss What are you saying? they run on batteries. Obviously they have life if they are wiggling and their tales are moving.

Flowers blossom. Trees grow. Are you saying these are living beings too because they "move" to some respect?

No. Flowers, trees, and sperm all contain DNA instructions to complete their necessary tasks.

@Etherial Flowers blossom. Trees grow. Are you saying these are living beings too because they "move" to some respect? No...

Um, every cell is living. Every leaf is a living thing. Every bacterium is alive.

I'm not sure how old you are but from the sounds of it you can count your age on just two hands.

@Um, every cell is living. Every leaf is a living thing. Every bacterium is alive. I'm not sure how old you are but...

Use your index finger to carefully follow my comment. Note: "living BEINGS." I never said that trees, flowers, cells, etc. were not living. I was emphasizing the point that they are not living BEINGS in the sense of being conscious and mortal like humans. If you use your two hands to look up the definition of "being" you'll note that is in fact one of the ways you can use the word.

I'm not sure how old you are, but from the sounds of it, it seems like you haven't yet learned to read properly.

Um sperm and eggs are definitely capable of becoming an human. Where do you think humans come from?

fEMMAnists avatar fEMMAnist Yeah You Are -9Reply
@fEMMAnist Um sperm and eggs are definitely capable of becoming an human. Where do you think humans come from?

Does nobody know how to read properly? "Neither sperm nor eggs will EVER become capable of bearing life on their own." - Notice.. ON THEIR OWN.

@fEMMAnist Sperm make baby sperm all the time by the process of mitosis ON THEIR...

You obviously didn't pay attention to science class. Yes, sperm go through mitosis on their own - again via DNA instructions - but they do not even come close to making a human being ON THEIR OWN. The only thing mitosis accomplishes is, in this case, more sperm.

Mitosis duplicates the 23 chromosomes and then splits to make two sperms each with 23 chromosomes - 23 short of a human being.

Seriously, I can't even believe I'm having this conversation. ono smilie

@Etherial You obviously didn't pay attention to science class. Yes, sperm go through mitosis on their own - again via DNA...

I never said a sperm made a human being on it's own ever I said it was capable of bearing life. It does bear life because it produces new sperm.

fEMMAnists avatar fEMMAnist Yeah You Are -6Reply
@fEMMAnist I never said a sperm made a human being on it's own ever I said it was capable of bearing life. It does bear life...

OK, if I'm obviously talking about humans the entire time, it's not fair to twist my words. xD

sperm are living, but sperm aren't HUMAN. they don't have complete human DNA, but an embryo/fetus does. sperm only have half the genetic material needed for a human being

@sperm are living, but sperm aren't HUMAN. they don't have complete human DNA, but an embryo/fetus does. sperm only...

neither is a fertilized egg. Also if you say they because it has the genetic material to become one then a fertilzed cell from two apes is 98% human. therfore a monkey is more human than sperm.

@neither is a fertilized egg. Also if you say they because it has the genetic material to become one then a...

ono smilie
A fertilized human egg is genetically a human being. Honestly what the actual fuck are you even talking about? There is no science backing up the validity of your statement.

I beleive that life starts at the erection.

Most anti-abortion Christians believe that life begins at conception.

@LittleRed Most anti-abortion Christians believe that life begins at conception.

Or, y'know, anti-abortion atheists or muslims or buddhists.

@Courage_Wolf Or, y'know, anti-abortion atheists or muslims or buddhists.

Well yeah, but the post was specifically referring to Christians.

@LittleRed Well yeah, but the post was specifically referring to Christians.

Yes, but the argument you used is the one the majority of pro-abortion group would use.

I think it would be genocide.

In judaism, a man is not allowed to masturbate because it is wasting sperm.

If you define life as anything that has cellular movement, then yes, you are correct. But if you define life as something that can develop and grow and reproduce, then your logic is flawed.

@fuustoleit If you define life as anything that has cellular movement, then yes, you are correct. But if you define life as...

All I'm saying is they are living organisms. Just like the cells in your body they too can "Die". What is the opposite of life? Death.

Vlisss avatar Vliss Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Vliss All I'm saying is they are living organisms. Just like the cells in your body they too can "Die". What is the...

Well, according to your argument, if I scratch my arm and thereby kill cells, I am committing murder. What makes sperm cells different from skin cells? Nothing, because sperm without an egg will remain just sperm, and a skin cell won't ever grow to be something more than that.

@fuustoleit Well, according to your argument, if I scratch my arm and thereby kill cells, I am committing murder. What makes...

The opposite of life is death. If you can say sperm die after a certain amount of time, then it is safe to conclude that they were alive before they died.

Vlisss avatar Vliss Yeah You Are 0Reply
Vlisss avatar Vliss Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Vliss What I am saying is that they have life.

I'm not denying that, but if they have life, and it's murder to kill them, isn't it also murder to kill plants to eat them?

@fuustoleit I'm not denying that, but if they have life, and it's murder to kill them, isn't it also murder to kill plants to...

Then why are we fighting? I'm not a Christian anti abortion nutbag talking about how it's murder because a tiny blob has "life".

Vlisss avatar Vliss Yeah You Are -4Reply
@Vliss Then why are we fighting? I'm not a Christian anti abortion nutbag talking about how it's murder because a tiny...

because there's a difference between a sperm and a fetus. All by itself, the sperm has no potential to be something more. But a fetus has potential to be a human being. And it's unfair to take away it's chance for life. If you don't want to keep the baby, just put it up for adoption, there are plenty of people unable to have kids who could make it have a good future.

@fuustoleit because there's a difference between a sperm and a fetus. All by itself, the sperm has no potential to be something...

You mean kids that can be adopted by pedophiles or be living in families where they are treated unfairly or loathed by their siblings because they are "outsiders"? and yes a sperm has potential to be life. All those sperm that died during masturbation could have been inseminated into women.

@Vliss You mean kids that can be adopted by pedophiles or be living in families where they are treated unfairly or loathed...

1. Cases like that are pretty rare,
2. Only one sperm out of the many ejaculated actually fertilize the egg. Are you, as an anti-abortion Christian then obligated to collect all the leftover sperm and find eggs to fertilize with them? So they don't die?

@fuustoleit 1. Cases like that are pretty rare, 2. Only one sperm out of the many ejaculated actually fertilize the egg. Are...

Hey they are "pro life" aren't they? Put them all in sperm banks. But hey I don't see you guys lining up to adopt crack babies.

Vlisss avatar Vliss Yeah You Are -1Reply
@Vliss Hey they are "pro life" aren't they? Put them all in sperm banks. But hey I don't see you guys lining up to adopt...

What, literally dig them out of a woman's vagina after you came? I really think it's time for you to make a distinction between sperm and fetus.

@fuustoleit What, literally dig them out of a woman's vagina after you came? I really think it's time for you to make a...

"Pro Life" the argument is about "Life". Well hellooo dur dur durrr sperm have life too and can become babies.

Vlisss avatar Vliss Yeah You Are -3Reply
@fuustoleit With your logic, I am committing murder every time I have my period.

Have you read the post? I am talking about it from a perspective of "Life" that you guys are always trumpeting. As you can see if you look at the big picture and not just a sperm and egg it is pretty ridiculous.

Vlisss avatar Vliss Yeah You Are -2Reply
@Vliss Have you read the post? I am talking about it from a perspective of "Life" that you guys are always trumpeting. As...

First, stop calling me "You guys", I am pro choice, but strongly believe that people shouldn't get an abortion unless it's absolutely necessary. Second, your post isn't really hard to decipher. I understand that you disagree with pro-life Christians about their views, but don't "big picture" their views, they believe what they believe, I'm sure many of them have had this same discussion, and came to the conclusion that there is a difference between a sperm and a fetus, something that you are really stubborn to agree with for some reason.

@fuustoleit First, stop calling me "You guys", I am pro choice, but strongly believe that people shouldn't get an abortion...

You're killin me here.... I'll give you points for being persistent. But Life is still Life.

@Vliss You're killin me here.... I'll give you points for being persistent. But Life is still Life.

Well, you're kinda killing me here too :)
I know life is life, I thought we established that. Maybe they should change their label to Pro-Fetus, so people like you aren't misguided by what they mean.

@Vliss Agreed.

Okay, problem solved! I'm going to bed now. Goodnight!

@fuustoleit Okay, problem solved! I'm going to bed now. Goodnight!

Sweet Dreams :) If you can't fall asleep try to count sperm. lol :P

@907002

why thank you

Vlisss avatar Vliss Yeah You Are 0Reply

I like nachos.

If you go your whole life without sex is it considered extinction?