+235

People who say that hunting is really awful are mostly hypocrites (if they eat meat regularly). What they are truly saying is that they wouldnt want a creature to live a long, happy life in it's natural habitat and take a round in the head painlessly, but they want a creature to be in a cage not much bigger than themselves and stuffed with growth hormones and slaughtered for food. amirite?

Big_Bosss avatar
4 31
The voters have decided that Big_Boss is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

That's not the point here. Hunting is considered wrong to many people because hunters draw a certain excitement and thrill from killing the animal which is seen as morally incorrect. On the other hand killing animals for food is either done by machines or by people who are EMPLOYED to do it, this means they kill as a professional obligation and not for fun. Then you've got the obvious, 'hunting is bad because they don't need the meat as food'.

@Iwannafingeryou That's not the point here. Hunting is considered wrong to many people because hunters draw a certain excitement and...

The people who work at factory farms often do kill or torture animals for fun. If they get angry or frustrated on the job, they are especially cruel to the animals they are working with that day.

@Linds The people who work at factory farms often do kill or torture animals for fun. If they get angry or frustrated on...

You saw that chicken killing video? That's isolated cases, after some time the killing becomes a routine and there are counter measures to abusive treatment of animals at most places.

@Iwannafingeryou You saw that chicken killing video? That's isolated cases, after some time the killing becomes a routine and there...

Which one? There are countless videos of not only chicken abuse, but cows, pigs, and even fish. I try to keep pretty up to date on all of the news and videos coming out about abuse in these farms, its a common occurence for the workers to beat them for the hell of it. Even when they aren't being cruel for the hell of it, everything they do that is routine is cruel.

Well, I live near some farms that raise cows for food, and they're treated pretty well from what I can see. They have a lot of space for roaming and aren't injected with hormones.

Katffros avatar Katffro Yeah You Are +11Reply

Vegetarians FTW :D

@somewhere_I_belong Vegetarians FTW :D

lol if a vegetarian believed in both, I would respect their opinion

Big_Bosss avatar Big_Boss Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Big_Boss lol if a vegetarian believed in both, I would respect their opinion

I think hunting is okay as long as you use what you kill and not just do it for the fun of killing. I like how you point out the sad lives of livestock, not many people care about that. That's why I don't eat meat.

No, it means that we don't like people killin for the thrill/fun of it. As long as you eat it, it's fine by me We're not hypocrites unless we hunt too

Sergios avatar Sergio No Way +7Reply

Speaking as a vegetarian, I obviously support hunting for food over the factory bred, commercial animals the public is fed. But hunting for fun sickens me beyond words.

I disagree with hunting for sport, that shit is completely pointless. But hunting for food to survive on is A-ok with me.

I was going to comment, then I wasn't , then I realized I was already typing and this is distracting me from the current situation at hand, so I'll say what I was going to say.

Hunting for food, is acceptable and okay. Poaching, Trophy Hunting, or anything of the sort, is just wrong and despicable.

my family owns a farm of cows and chickens to use as food. They have a lot of roaming space, and are never injected with anything other than antibiotics from vet visits. And you know what, their meat is 100000x more delicious than anything burger king or mcdonalds produces. People who think hunting is wrong need to think about what would happen if we don't hunt. A lot of animal population would overflow into cities if hunting seasons were banned. And thats just one reason, there are lots of reasons for hunting. Now hunting for sport i dont condone because animals are not toys but animals are FOOD so i dont mind hunting for such reasons.

soberlikekeshas avatar soberlikekesha Yeah You Are +4Reply

I see your point, but hunting is a little over-glorified here. There's no way of telling if the animal has lived a "long, happy life," and I'd imagine you'd need to be a pretty good shot if all of the animals you'd ever killed had "painlessly taken a round to the head." And I will never understand how anyone gets a thrill off of killing a living creature... spiders, germs and insects being a hypocritical exception, of course.

:D I agree 100%. I am a vegetarian, but people have the right to eat meat. Hunting seems a lot more humane. Free range is also a much better option, and the meat is more healthy and tastes better.

Hunting saves 1000's of ducks ( i don't big game hunt, so i don't know much about it), every time a hunter buys a shell, they donate money to the refuges. These refuges are the homes to 100's of 1000's of birds.

Just saying, if you claim to be vegetarian, you really are still supporting the slaughter of animals. First, cows have to be impregnated to produce milk, those babies are taken away only days after birth, and then raised for slaughter as veal. Then the dairy cows that produce less are sent to be slaughtered. And the chickens that are used for the eggs are also killed when they are no longer useful.

Watch the movie "Earthlings" or, if you either can't stomach that or aren't allowed to watch it, "Food, Inc."

Hunting is okay if you do the native American way, by respecting the animals life and only taking what you need. And my family buys organic grass-fed free range meat, because it's healthier and doesn't support animal cruelty.

I'm a vegetarian.

@x4everxlove101 I'm a vegetarian.

which is why I said "if they eat meat REGULARLY"

@Big_Boss which is why I said "if they eat meat REGULARLY"

oops sorry i didnt see tht part cuz i read it too fast.. ook then i agree with you(: aha

@x4everxlove101 oops sorry i didnt see tht part cuz i read it too fast.. ook then i agree with you(: aha

I said that so there would be no way for trolls to start a comment war >:)

Random and uninformed checks at killing sites, camera filtering of images, preventive laws and procedural approach. I kinda agree with you I have to admit, because you're talking of farms in particular and I'm talking of industrial killing and processing zones actually. How do you find the routine cruel?

i'm sure someone here has said this, but here it goes anyways...
i don't have a problem with hunting when people eat/use what they kill, but i think it's awful when they just leave it there. like i know some guys who hunt, but when they kill something they just leave it to rot in the woods. that's when it bothers me

I once saw a video of how the fast food industries get their meat. :( I cried when I saw the baby chicks, they were so cute. D:

i have no problem eating animals bred to be eaten. as people have said, their conditions aren't all so bad. we even had a ballot measure about that last year. but hunting i don't condone if it's just for "sport".