+227

My wife wanted me to see things from her point of view. I looked out the kitchen window, amirite?

keateauxs avatar Jokes & Humour
28 13
The voters have decided that keateaux is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I'm a girl and I found this to be really funny. People need to stop being so sensitive.

Hmm I just read something like this on fmylife...interesting...

@Hmm I just read something like this on fmylife...interesting...

How does that even work? "Today, my wife wanted me to see things from her point of view. I looked out the kitchen window. FML"

@AntiJokeChicken How does that even work? "Today, my wife wanted me to see things from her point of view. I looked out the kitchen...

Nah, it was something like 'Today, I asked my husband to see things from my point of view. He looked out the kitchen window. FML'. I remember seeing it before FML somewhere too.. And I'm not the original anon.

That's from MLIB, not FML

@That's from MLIB, not FML

Uh I'm pretty sure that joke pre-dates the Internet...

at least quote FML

"wimmins place iz in da kitchen making sammichs lolz" jokes aren't funny any more. I can take a joke about gender as long as it's not demeaning.

@SpearmintMilk "wimmins place iz in da kitchen making sammichs lolz" jokes aren't funny any more. I can take a joke about gender...

Bullshit, you couldn't take it. You make it seem like it was just some dude saying "go back in the kitchen" but this was actually funny and very well thought out. (the fact that so many agreed with OP on a site that's 90% female is pretty much proof of that) The fact that the whole "women belong in the kitchen" sentiment is a thing that's so far into the past makes this not very demeaning at all.

@Bullshit, you couldn't take it. You make it seem like it was just some dude saying "go back in the kitchen" but...

I don't like derogatory jokes about men either. It's counter productive to the progression of equality between both sexes in society. It wasn't thought out because it's an old joke that's been around since I can remember. It's not so far in the past, which is why it gets to me. I guess you're a teenager who has no idea what it's like in the real world. The old owner of my company used to come in with his friends make heaps of mess having cake and coffee and then expect me to clean up, if a male was working he'd clean up after himself. He also asked me to do his ironing in my lunch break (I politely told him to fuck off). The company my boyfriend works at a branch a new show room consultant started working she was the only female, and the other people working gave her "daily duties" which included things like making coffee for everyone and cleaning toilets, when she asked why she was being singled out they said it was because she was a woman and they were men

@SpearmintMilk I don't like derogatory jokes about men either. It's counter productive to the progression of equality between both...

They didn't deny it when she made a complaint. It still happens in society today. I understand that it's getting better, especially with younger people, but there is still an attitude out there that a woman's place is cleaning and in the kitchen.