+227

There is a growing anti-Christian sentiment in America- if one professes to be Christian (or religious at all, for that matter), one tends to be seen as: a) radically conservative b) intolerant c) stubbornly closed-minded This is unfair to those of us who are religious and may or may not be part of the religious right. amirite?

jazzman3s avatar
2 15
The voters have decided that jazzman3 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

i totally agree with this post. i am a christian, and it is kinda annoying how society "boxes" us into those reputations. not everyone has the same story, or the same life- so we shouldn't be treated like that.
christianity is full of a lot of fakers, unfortuantely. a lot of people who proclaim to be christians hardly even follow God outside of church. i strive to be different, im not going to be one of those hypocritical christians who just shows up to church every week. i want the real deal, ALL of it.

It is pretty annoying how I get made fun of for being Christian. Seriously, if you're not religious, that's your right. Don't be rude to people who aren't rude to you.

Heck no. There are a bunch of christians at my school - some of them make fun of me for being not christian.

Segregation of religious beliefs is hardly a new thing. If you chose to believe in something that someone else will not believe in, expect at least one of those people to comment about it.

Yes, how unfair. Because history and current society has taught us that Muslims and Jews have it way too easy. Get over yourself. It's like a white person saying "We're losing America"

jasons avatar jason No Way 0Reply
@jason Yes, how unfair. Because history and current society has taught us that Muslims and Jews have it way too easy...

I understand that we have it relatively easy- I just don't like being misrepresented any more than Jews or Muslims do. I don't claim that Christians have the short end of the stick in America, nor do I think that "we're losing America". However, the point of my post is that certain groups of Christianity add to the noted anti-Christian sentiment and give the rest of us a bad name.

jazzman3s avatar jazzman3 Yeah You Are +2Reply

Being white doesn't automatically make you a christian, and being christian does not automatically make you white. I've seen a church, that was actually called "First Episcopal Korean church". And this was in a fairly small, mostly white, city(if you could even call it a city.)

I know that. My parents are christian and they are completely cool. Well, my mom is like how you described and my dad is totally cool haha. So, for me when I get angry about any of the things you mentioned it's only towards people like that. I know there can be laid back christians, too. But Im not generalizing which I know is really annoying.

Im christian, and people think i cant take a joke. that was when i was five. im pretty laid back now. (oh, and "i lose")

they deserve it because they ARE. asmerica would be better without.

@ARandomPerson they deserve it because they ARE. asmerica would be better without.

America was colonized by protestants, who wanted to escape intolerance, and persecution. The country was almost founded on this.

@93251 (ARandomPerson): I am Catholic Christian. I dislike those who are /against/ religion. I don't mind if you aren't religious, or are a different religion, I really don't. But /anti/-theists are dumbasses. And I dislike the Christian extremists too, in the way that a lot of people dislike the Muslim extremists.

America was built on Christian values. Without them this country would be less than what it is now.

We Christians shouldremember what Jesus said If they persecuted me they will persecute you (John 15:20). They is coming a time when Christians will have to abandoned the label Christian or go underground to keep it. This can and will happen in the good ol USA. But yake heart brothers and sisters for your redemption draws nigh