+213

If you had a chance to go back in time and kill baby Hitler, you wouldn't do it, amirite?

fuustoleits avatar
4 75
The voters have decided that fuustoleit is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It would be a very difficult decision. If movies have taught me anything, it's to never screw around with the past or future.

Hitler's mother was seriously considering an abortion until the doctor talker her out of it. o.O Fun fact.

@Phil Hitler's mother was seriously considering an abortion until the doctor talker her out of it. o.O Fun fact.

I've heard the opposite. The doctors were trying to convince her to do it, but she didn't want to go through with it. o.o

I went back in time and killed the dictator Rasputin, and that came to the rise of the dictator Johaven. So I went back in time and killed him too, which led to the rise of Hitler. That's when I destroyed my time machine.

And even though it is an incredibly tragic event, it has created a lasting example of what not to do.
I mean, practically everyone has heard of the Holocaust.

But who has heard of the Armenian genocide? Or knows a lot about it? When Hitler was told to leave the Jews alone, he mentioned how no one remembers the forgotten genocide. Obviously the world didn't learn from that and we let it happen again.
"Who, after all, speaks today of the annihilation of the Armenians?" - Hitler

@And even though it is an incredibly tragic event, it has created a lasting example of what not to do. I mean...

I went to a school with a predominantly Jewish population, and an Armenian girl remarked about the Armenian genocide, and some Jewish kid said something incredibly offensive about it, and then she retaliated about the Holocaust. She got in trouble and he didn't.

@That's awful. :(

I know. It really pissed me off. She got suspended for a couple of days.

Sadly, the greatest learning experience Humanity ever had...

@HighSocietyRedneck Sadly, the greatest learning experience Humanity ever had...

Exactly. I mean if Hitler never did it, it would surely only be a matter of time until something similar happened as no lessons from the whole debarcle would have been learnt.

Give me the chance to kick his father in the nuts till he's sterile

im a strong believer in everything happens for a reason and as such, hitler and everything he did, it all happened for a reason.

@Because your pathetic little god likes killing people?

Can I just point out that "pathetic" or "little" aren't compatible with "god"?

@Stuff Can I just point out that "pathetic" or "little" aren't compatible with "god"?

Why doesn't your god stop killing so many innocent people?

@Why doesn't your god stop killing so many innocent people?

This is an incredibly difficult question to answer, and the only way I can is by recommending "If You Were God" by Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan. ...Although I have my doubts as to whether or not you actually will, because the way you phrased your question sounded rather smartass-like and like you don't actually care about the answer.

um...im agnostic. just because i believe everything happens for a reason doesnt mean i also believe in a god. i just believe that everything that happens doesnt just happen for nothing. it all means something.

@um...im agnostic. just because i believe everything happens for a reason doesnt mean i also believe in a god. i...

Well I have bad news for you, you can't go to heaven if you don't know grammar or spelling. God himself is a grammar nazi (and a nazi too, cause he enjoyed killing 6,000,000+ jews), so he sends people like you to hell.

@Well I have bad news for you, you can't go to heaven if you don't know grammar or spelling. God himself is a...

you shouldve put a comma after well and if youre gonna shorten because to 'cause, you're gonna need to put and apostrophe before it to denote the missing letters. i love how you even care about my spelling/grammar. in fact, now that you mention it, im not even gonna make an attempt to have correct grammar because i know it kills people like you on the inside :)

@you shouldve put a comma after well and if youre gonna shorten because to 'cause, you're gonna need to put and...

It doesn't really kill me, I'm just trying to help idiots, sometimes unsatisfactorily, others better than that.

@It doesn't really kill me, I'm just trying to help idiots, sometimes unsatisfactorily, others better than that.

well chances are, the 'idiots' youre trying to help dont need it. they, like me, know how to use correct grammar, they just feel that they dont need the internet to showcase it. you're one of those smartasses that thinks they know more than everyone else arent you? that tends to be the personality type of grammar nazis anyway.

I wouldn't.
I wouldn't exist, and neither would most of my family.
Now don't be quick to call me cold hearted, if I had the chance I don't know if I'd change ANYTHING in the past.
I'd love to reunite the victims of the Holocaust or 9/11 with their loved ones, but how could we ever know the repercussions of doing that?

I travelled back in time and tried to kill Hitler, but apparently it was this guy called Franz Ferdinand ... well, it doesn't matter. But I won't mess with time ever again.

Bardagis avatar Bardagi Yeah You Are +9Reply

I wouldn't do it... but if I had to kill someone it would be his dad. His dad abused him and I guess contributed to his decisions. I think if he had a loving dad that the holocaust would've never happened.

Also WWII was the reason the US came out of the Great Depression. Imagine if we didn't get out of it then.

@broadwaygleek Also WWII was the reason the US came out of the Great Depression. Imagine if we didn't get out of it then.

So it's alright for millions of innocent people to get killed as long as it keeps America's economy healthy?

tags avatar tag Yeah You Are -8Reply
@tag So it's alright for millions of innocent people to get killed as long as it keeps America's economy healthy?

I'm not saying that. I'm contributing to the whole "everything happens for a reason." Who knows how the world would be now if America had still been in the depression. Better or worse, we don't know. But it would be extremely different.

I wouldn't, I'd kidnap him and find someone to raise him better than his father did. He was perfectly fine when he was born, but physical and psychological abuse from his father messed him up a lot. And then he was subjected to mustard gas in WWI, which chemically messed up his brain.
...Or I'd be worried about everything happening for a reason and all that and not do anything.

It depends how ugly he was as a baby.

To kill Hitler would stop many things good happening. Rules for human rights and the U.N would all be different, which could lead to worse fights seeing as they would happen later with better tech. Volks Wagon would be non existant. US wouldn't steal scientists and make space shuttles among other advancements.

So many things wouldn't happen and so many bad things could then happen.

If i could go back in time I would actually protect Hitler until his demise plays out as it did so none of the silly people could get him. After all the time machine may not of been built if he didn't live and that machine missing would then lead to no one going back to stop him.

wow, that actually makes a lot of sense. it's kind of like the butterfly affect!! (:
and sorry if this post is red, i changed my mind after reading the comments

Only because it would change the course of the world so much, not if you mean moral reasons for killing evil babies. If I somehow knew that a certain baby would grow up to be the next Hitler, I would kill him.

Rajs avatar Raj Yeah You Are +2Reply

The problem I would have with killing him would be that he's a baby, not any that you guys mentioned. But they're all really good points.

Merediths avatar Meredith Yeah You Are +2Reply

I think we learned a lot from WWII though. Like to never use atomic bombs.

calebs avatar caleb Yeah You Are +1Reply
@caleb I think we learned a lot from WWII though. Like to never use atomic bombs.

If we didn't have WWII, we wouldn't have used atomic bombs. Can't learn from mistakes that weren't made.

It's a really hard situation.
Killing the person that would be responsible for so many deaths of innocent people wouldn't guarantee the Holocaust from happening.

I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that if Hitler didn't do that, then someone else would have, and maybe to a worse degree.
Also, it seems that history is a great thing to learn from, and from the Holocaust, people have learned that things like that CAN and will happen if certain precautions are not taken.

So killing Hitler as a baby, as good as it may sound, would possibly cause worse things to happen in the long run.

Just scrolled through the comments, sorry if this has been mentioned before - has anyone considered that, if you went back in time to when Hitler was a baby, he hasn't done anything yet? Regardless of current present (which would be the future in HitlerBaby time), if you arrived there, the baby hasn't actually done anything wrong yet.

Also, I'm guessing if you can go backwards in time, you can come back, but what about it you can't? You'd have to live with the consequences, more your own morals, and the laws at the time, of infantcide.

Also, what if it happened today? Someone from fifty years in the future comes, points at your three-mouth-old child/nephew/friend's baby, tell you they're gonna to be the cause of millions of deaths,and says they have it kill it?

@Stuff The only thing I can argue here is that last bit. Like dude... kidnapping. Dur.

What do you mean? That they're kidnapping the kid, or that the solution would be for you to kidnap the kid to save it?

@Simon What do you mean? That they're kidnapping the kid, or that the solution would be for you to kidnap the kid to save it?

I just mean you're all assuming that they're just going to come up to you and say they have to kill your kid. They won't say anything while kidnapping exists.

@Stuff I just mean you're all assuming that they're just going to come up to you and say they have to kill your kid. They...

True, but that raises something else - kidnapping isn't easy. Neither is murder, really.

So, putting aside my hypothetical situation and bringing the original one up - if you travelled back in time, how do you intend to kill Baby Hitler without someone seeing that you're about to kill a baby and stopping you?

@Simon True, but that raises something else - kidnapping isn't easy. Neither is murder, really. So, putting aside my...

Hell if I know. I mean, without someone seeing me - well, go in an abandoned place. But to get that point, let me know if you figure it out.

I don't know what i would do. If I ha a time machine, I'd do it and see the repercussions and if i didnt like it then id go back and fix it back to the original

Well if I went back in time to when Hitler was a baby. Maybe I'd throw him at a wall or "accidentally" drop him. Just to fuck him up a little.

I would never kill a baby regardless of what it's going to turn out to be.

I'd help him choose the right path and not join the Nazi party.

I'd help him take his off with his art career and then he might have been the great artist he wanted to be as a child isn't of a furor who killed so many innocent people.

why not?

@SexyMonkey why not?

Well, it could endanger your own existence, or the existence of other people

fuustoleits avatar fuustoleit Yeah You Are +21Reply
@SexyMonkey But imagine how many more people that would save.

It could, but are you willing to endanger your own existence to save all those people?

fuustoleits avatar fuustoleit Yeah You Are +9Reply
@SexyMonkey Yes.

But you'd endanger the existence of two entire generations too.
http://www.amirite.net/482788
like, WWII was a terrible thing and all, but it played a major role in the fate of all people back then. Like your grandparents might not have met, for instance, but that holds true for most of the western world's population.

fuustoleits avatar fuustoleit Yeah You Are +5Reply
@fuustoleit But you'd endanger the existence of two entire generations too. http://www.amirite.net/482788 like, WWII was a...

I guess so, but hey, it'd save a lot more people in the long run and create a lot more, too.

@SexyMonkey I guess so, but hey, it'd save a lot more people in the long run and create a lot more, too.

well, it's your choice, but I'd really rather you not :) I don't want to not exist...

fuustoleits avatar fuustoleit Yeah You Are +3Reply
@SexyMonkey I think you'd exist, but not as your current self.

What's so great about creating more people anyway? The world is overpopulated as it is.

_____________s avatar _____________ Yeah You Are +24Reply
@_____________ What's so great about creating more people anyway? The world is overpopulated as it is.

Exactly! 15 million people killed would turn into a billion by today and 2 billion by 2035.

@Exactly! 15 million people killed would turn into a billion by today and 2 billion by 2035.

70,000,000 people died as a result of WWII, but the point still stands. Even moreso.

Mike_Hawks avatar Mike_Hawk Yeah You Are +3Reply

Perhaps instead of killing an innocent baby, you could try teaching him what is right.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are 0Reply

I'd actually help him out. I'd review the history books and advise him to take better courses of action. I'd tell him to make Japan hold off on attacking the US.

It's not that I hate the world or anything, I'm just extremely curious as to what would happen if he were to conquer the world.

Mike_Hawks avatar Mike_Hawk Yeah You Are -2Reply