+298

Its weird to think that Mormons accepted blacks into their religion only about 40 years ago, amirite?

ohhappydays avatar
0 21
The voters have decided that ohhappyday is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

That's horrible.

If I started a religion, I would never allow coloured people in.

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are +53Reply

It's not that weird if you consider that most white churches didn't let black people join until about 60 years ago. Plus, the Mormon church is based in Utah and the only black people they see are probably on TV.

@soccerfan It's not that weird if you consider that most white churches didn't let black people join until about 60 years ago...

I only really see black people on TV. On the rare occasion I do see one outside of television, I fear for my life.

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are +7Reply

"There's only like 10 black guys in Utah...but we'll find them." - Sons of Provo, a mormon movie.

Once you go black, you never go back.
Silly Mormons.

JennaGees avatar JennaGee Yeah You Are +7Reply

This isn't true. From the beginning of the organization of the Mormon church, everyone has been welcome. The Mormons have missionaries out all around the world, inviting and teaching people of all ages, races, etc about the Mormon church. How do I know this? Because I'm Mormon :) Don't believe everything you read on the internet about Mormons, there's a lot of false rumors out there. If you want the facts, go to Mormon.org.

@Actually...it is true. Sorry if you missed that part in seminary.

@926722 (Anonymous): It is true that they couldn't hold the priesthood. Sorry if YOU (anon2) missed that part in seminary.

@@926722 (Anonymous): It is true that they couldn't hold the priesthood. Sorry if YOU (anon2) missed that part in...

haha this makes me laugh :) Again, as I said, if you want facts, go to mormon.org :)

Not true. Mormons have always accepted blacks into their religion. They have only with held certain offices due to biblical revelation. I know this because I am Mormon this is a very common misconception

@Andydufresne Not true. Mormons have always accepted blacks into their religion. They have only with held certain offices due to...

Well, they've always been accepted. They just weren't given the "priesthood" until then. Black men could do everything in the church that any woman could do. Now they have more rights and "power" than women in the church. If you're going to accuse the LDS (Mormon) church with hypocrisy, call it sexism, not racism. =]

Dannigirls avatar Dannigirl Yeah You Are +6Reply
@Dannigirl Well, they've always been accepted. They just weren't given the "priesthood" until then. Black men could do...

I never accused them of anything like that of you read my post you will find that we are saying the same thing. In fact I like the way you said it better

@Andydufresne Hehe I'm a return missionary I wouldn't do that

...Should I make this a very intriguing battle of wits or just agree to settle the matter? =]

Dannigirls avatar Dannigirl Yeah You Are -1Reply

It's also weird to think that America accepted blacks into their society only about 40 years ago

And that comment wasn't meant to be rude or smarty-pants-ish. Just informative :)

This makes no sense to me. And just proves how hypocritical religios people can be. Religion is what you believe, right? So how is someone of a certain faith going to tell someone else that they can't believe the same things? Stupid.

@This makes no sense to me. And just proves how hypocritical religios people can be. Religion is what you believe...

(.-_-.): You spelled religious wrong...what you put looks like religi-o's, the breakfast cereal for believers