+389

Not to sound racist, but Nikelodeon and Disney Channel are pushing it with all the interracial couples. Not every couple around is interracial, amirite?

Lkuns avatar
5 21
The voters have decided that Lkun is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I was thinking that there were too many of the same race. Not all Black people date Black people, not all Asians date Asians, not all White people date White people. According to Disney they do.

Are there really THAT many? I can only think of two...

@Are there really THAT many? I can only think of two...

Which two couples? Right now, I can't think of any.

waterpaynetings avatar waterpayneting Yeah You Are +6Reply

It seems like it. You may be right though, maybe it's only on the shows my little sister watches.

Lkuns avatar Lkun Yeah You Are +4Reply

The only one I can think of is Ginger and Darren from "As Told by Ginger."

Are there any more?

I really can't think of any off the top of my head...

I agree to a point. I think they are pushing it, but I also think it's good to show kids (and even adults and everyone inbetween) that interracial couples are around, and that it's perfectly acceptable. But, being a biracial teen in one of the most diversified schools in Florida, I could be biased.

I don't watch those channels, but interracial couples sound nice. Who are they?

@SomeEpicName I don't watch those channels, but interracial couples sound nice. Who are they?

assuming you are asking about what couples are interracial, Nickelodeon doesn't have any and there is only three from Disney Channel

@assuming you are asking about what couples are interracial, Nickelodeon doesn't have any and there is only three...

Loudhouse Nickelodeon the black kid's dad is gay and his partner is white. What about all of there commercials though.

I think it's cute.

who?

True Jackson and Jimmy are the only recent ones I can think of. Oh. And Lulu and her boyfriend.

Shugahs avatar Shugah No Way +4Reply

there's an ad for an interracial dating site on the side.
coincidence? probs. ironic? yes.

I disagree, I think that Disney and Nickelodeon don't have enough interracial couples, in Disney, there are only three in the entire history of the channel and they are ALL in the show Andi Mack, they are Andi and Jonah, Bex and Bowie, both are asian and white, and Buffy and Marty, black and white, that's it, it's very disappointing. Every other Disney couple is literally all white, same with Nickelodeon. Nickelodeon doesn't have any interracial couples.

what about the parents from wizards of waverly place

I don't know. There are alot of them I think. The Good Luck Charlie show on right now has a white girl dreaming about kissing a black kid and then inviting him to her house and trying to convince him to kiss her and then chasing him around the house trying to force him to kiss her. The Ant Farm show has a white boy who has a crush on a black girl. The Zeke and Luther show has a black kid who's seen dating a white girl. I think Disney is pushing it for some reason. It's probably all the jews trying to destroy America. Ha. I don't know why it's showing up so much, though. My kids watch the Disney channel all the time and it's a terrible channel with no good shows, but they like it and it's mostly harmless. I just don't like all the stuff their kind of throwing in under my nose without my consent. Am I going to cancel the channel? No. But I don't know what to do about it. I'm of mixed ethnicity technically which may mean I'm a hypocrite - but I don't want my daughter dating some punk black kid. I don't want to think that she saw on Disney that it was okay. Disney isn't real. Those black kids aren't like the ones that go to her school. Neither are the white ones...