+420

Q-tips aren't supposed to be used to clean your ears but you do it anyway, amirite?

shannonnns avatar
2 23
The voters have decided that shannonnn is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

... Then what the hell are the suppose to be used for?!?

Prosopagnosias avatar Prosopagnosia Yeah You Are +43Reply
@Prosopagnosia ... Then what the hell are the suppose to be used for?!?

removing make-up, arts and crafts, cleaning small spaces (keyboard, in between keys)

shannonnns avatar shannonnn Yeah You Are -1Reply
@FlyingGuineaPig O.O

My sentiments exactly!

shannonnns avatar shannonnn Yeah You Are 0Reply
@shannonnn

walmart cheeeeeep brand

Predys avatar Predy Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Predy walmart cheeeeeep brand

I have a box of q-tips in front of me. says the same thing.

shannonnns avatar shannonnn Yeah You Are +1Reply
@shannonnn I have a box of q-tips in front of me. says the same thing.

You don't insert it into the canal, but just around the outer ear. It is bad to put it into the ear canal since you can lose your hearing.

Fuck that shit.
Clean ears is one of the best feelings!
Did you know they also have these candle things where you put them in your ear, light them, and they take the wax out??

Katffros avatar Katffro Yeah You Are +10Reply
@Katffro Fuck that shit. Clean ears is one of the best feelings! Did you know they also have these candle things where you...

My mom used to something similar to that to my ears when too much pressure was in them. Always worked. Except she made the funnel out of newspaper, not a wax candle.

What are you supposed to clean your ears with?

Laughing_sporks avatar Laughing_spork Yeah You Are +9Reply
@Laughing_spork What are you supposed to clean your ears with?

You're technically not supposed to, because ear wax is good for your ears. But if it causes hearing loss or pain, you're supposed to see your doctor and they have little instruments they can give you to remove it.

shannonnns avatar shannonnn Yeah You Are +6Reply
@shannonnn You're technically not supposed to, because ear wax is good for your ears. But if it causes hearing loss or pain...

Well your ears shouldnt be completely clean all the time, but cleaning them every once in a while to avoid too much build up seems reasonable. It should never be so bad that you need to see a doctor for it

Laughing_sporks avatar Laughing_spork Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Laughing_spork Well your ears shouldnt be completely clean all the time, but cleaning them every once in a while to avoid too much...

Which is why I ALWAYS put q-tips in my ears.
I don't care if it damages my ear canal. It feels good, and its better than having ear wax built up in there.

shannonnns avatar shannonnn Yeah You Are +19Reply
@shannonnn Which is why I ALWAYS put q-tips in my ears. I don't care if it damages my ear canal. It feels good, and its better...

I know right! Im not going to the doctor to clean my ears for me when i can do it myself lol

Laughing_sporks avatar Laughing_spork Yeah You Are +5Reply

actually cleaning your ears with q-tips is more damaging than it is good. it can damge your ear canal and it pushes the wax farther in your ear. i had that happen and i had to get my ear flushed with water just to get the wax out, so the doctor told me to stop using q-tips.

The doctor told my grandma to use the curved side of a Bobby pin. Kind of weird, but whatever.

LeeOwls avatar LeeOwl Yeah You Are +1Reply
@LeeOwl The doctor told my grandma to use the curved side of a Bobby pin. Kind of weird, but whatever.

Hm.. it's thinner than a q-tip so it would just scrape it away instead of pushing it in. Seriously since this post I've been cleaning my ears less (as much as i hate the feeling) but today i cleaned them after about a week and it was so nasty!! Haha sorry for being gross but it was. I think of this post every time I clean my ears. :P

Laughing_sporks avatar Laughing_spork Yeah You Are 0Reply

shit really?

Q-tips come in handy especially when your ear itches.