+284

The whole clever cellphone number thing where they change the numbers to clever little words so it's easier to remember is pretty useless now that most people are getting qwerty phones, amirite?

Deathelfs avatar Technology
3 8
The voters have decided that Deathelf is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@941464

or you could use a phone that has an old style keypad.or save whatever number it is in your contacts. and im pretty sure on most phones if you type a letter in the dial thingy it automatically makes it the correct number.

@Thomas or you could use a phone that has an old style keypad.or save whatever number it is in your contacts. and im pretty...

My phone doesn't make the letter into the correct number, it just goes to my contacts that start with that letter

I'm confused? Like when a company's number is 1-800-SAFE-AUTO or something?

@Tucker I'm confused? Like when a company's number is 1-800-SAFE-AUTO or something?

pretty much, yeah. On the normal phones it would make a number, like 086 0000 BED actually being 086 0000 233. But it you have a qwerty keypad on your phone, it doesn't work... Most people I know use qwerty phones, mostly thanks to blackberry, thus rendering the clever word in a number trick useless... Make sense now? :?

Deathelfs avatar Deathelf Yeah You Are 0Reply