+181

It does NOT matter how much CSI, NCIS, or Criminal Minds you have watched. I highly doubt you have the abililty to kill someone and not leave ANY evidence, amirite?

RayBabys avatar
0 15
The voters have decided that RayBaby is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Sure, you may leave evidence but the point is does the evidence lead back to YOU?

1. Wear gloves - no fingerprints.
2. Wear a mask and dark clothing - no distinguishing features should anyone see you leaving/entering, etc.
3. Use common things - a common weapon, a common pair of shoes in case you leave behind footprints, a common car.
4. Do not eat or drink anything. Do not commit a crime when you have a runny nose - no DNA evidence. Also, multiple layers of clothing would ensure that your victim doesn't scratch you, leaving your DNA behind.
5. Clean up after yourself, like your mamma taught you. If the place was ransacked in the crime, tidy it so that it doesn't look like a crime of passion.

Etherials avatar Etherial No Way +18Reply
@Etherial Sure, you may leave evidence but the point is does the evidence lead back to YOU? 1. Wear gloves - no...

I'm not getting on the wrong side of you...

Bleach is a best friend too, I saw one episode where they just knew it was this one guy-but his flat was perfectly clean and I mean PERFECT, so they had no evidence, so they couldn't do anything.

@verticallychallenged I'm not getting on the wrong side of you... Bleach is a best friend too, I saw one episode where they just knew it...

This is also a good point. But, it's better if you're so good, you don't need bleach at all. xD

Btw, obviously, a lot of stuff on TV is unrealistic, including evidence. Even if you leave behind evidence, chances are it is not in quantities large enough to be able to determine anything or it has gotten tainted/destroyed. Sad but true.

Instead of common shoes, you could wear plastic bags on your feet then burn them afterwards.

@B10ckH34d Or jaunt copious amounts of cling wrap. Dexters kill rooms.

I was just wondering why no one ever mentions Dexter. He's pretty good at not getting caught...

AyAmRights avatar AyAmRight Yeah You Are 0Reply

You know this is what most criminals do, right?
This is all common sense.
And they still get caught.

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are +1Reply

Honestly, the only thing it's taught me is that no matter what I do I'm gonna get caught.

Sarcasm_on_ices avatar Sarcasm_on_ice Yeah You Are +4Reply

It is physically impossible for any two objects to touch without leaving a trace. There's a scientific law for that whose name I regrettably cannot remember (or even find on google, maybe my forensics teacher made it up?) that states this. The question is just can you leave a sufficiently minute amount of evidence that you cannot be linked to the crime.

Maximumnerds avatar Maximumnerd Yeah You Are +2Reply

Well, not with THAT attitude.

jraaeys avatar jraaey No Way +2Reply

I beg to differ ;)

I watch Dexter. I think I could get away with it, but of course I wouldn't kill someone unless I had to.

Drop arsenic in someone's drink in a place with no cameras..