+427

It's obnoxious when people spell common names in a really complicated manner then get annoyed when people spell them wrong. Well, maybe if you didn't spell "Alex" or "Jenna" like an angry man smashing his head on a keyboard, this wouldn't happen, amirite?

Champions avatar
28 56
The voters have decided that Champion is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I know someone who is Ashalei instead of Ashley

Hi this is Jay. It's pronounced "Bob"

smashes head against keyboard just to see zzsfghjkijhgvfgvtuyjhk.

@LordThundercunt smashes head against keyboard just to see zzsfghjkijhgvfgvtuyjhk.

wow, you're like the first person EVER to spell my name exactly right.
btw, it's pronounced "Jim"

I know a girl who's name is "Madeigh". She chooses to spell it like that cuz her name is "Madison". She's really stupid.

ChasserLeMatins avatar ChasserLeMatin Yeah You Are +10Reply

I know someone who is named "Caytte"

This spelling isn't that "out there", but I cannot stand when people spell Catherine 'Kathryn'. Katherine is also okay, but I hate unnecessary y's. Like Karyn, or Jordyn.

swimmer24100s avatar swimmer24100 Yeah You Are +5Reply

I know a girl named Brittinee

LittleReds avatar LittleRed Yeah You Are +5Reply

Parents name their children. Normally, people don't get to name theirselves. Blame the parents, not the kids.

@Parents name their children. Normally, people don't get to name theirselves. Blame the parents, not the kids.

Yeah, but the kids don't need to be upset, because you didn't hear their names and spell it correctly first try....

@KickAss Yeah, but the kids don't need to be upset, because you didn't hear their names and spell it correctly first try....

Maybe they just get upset or frustrated even, but more so at their parents, or just at their name in general. Maybe YOU should ask them if they are annoyed with you, or their parents.

@ShelbyMuckerman Maybe they just get upset or frustrated even, but more so at their parents, or just at their name in general. Maybe...

Oh yeah, because I'm Sigmund Freud, "And how does that make you feel? Well it all started when I was a little...." :p

I know a Kayti.

i know i girl whose name is lexi but she chooses to spell it lecksee. it just annoys me.

That analogy made my life :)

lucyjoans avatar lucyjoan Yeah You Are +3Reply

My parents decided to spell my name(Megan) the easiest/ most normal way to avoid me having to spell it out for everyone. It backfired though, people ask anyway because there are so many people named "meghan, meaghanne, meagan, meaghann, etc.

528491s avatar 528491 Yeah You Are +3Reply

John pronounced J AH N, so annoying.

What's worse is when you have a wonderfully simple name, and because of all the strange spellings it gets mucked up constantly. "Casey" constantly becomes Kasey, Casy, Kasy. Caysee, Kasee, etc. It's annoying as Hell!

zdfciuvg'aapksd <<<< this is my name, it's pronounced Emma. Better spell it right bitch or I'll flip shit on you!

Last time I checked, your parents name you. Not yourself.

My name is ashley and because of people like ashly, ashleigh, ashlie, etc, I constantly have to say "yes -ley"

I like my nice, normal spelling of Stephanie. But thanks to the trend with spelling names ridiculous ways, I always have to specify and say "Yes, PH not F, IE at the end. S-T-E-P-H-A-N-I-E. Spelled the normal way, yes."

Stepharoos avatar Stepharoo Yeah You Are 0Reply
@KickAss Any relations to Kanga Roo?

She's my fourth cousin, twice removed. :)

Stepharoos avatar Stepharoo Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Stepharoo She's my fourth cousin, twice removed. :)

Oh... okay. I'm guessing you don't see her much then?

@KickAss Oh... okay. I'm guessing you don't see her much then?

Only at yearly family reunions. I mean, with Kanga living in the Hundred Acre Wood and all.

I'm one of these people! I go by Jenni, but it's short for Jennifer so I don't feel TOO guilty about it. And I rarely bother to correct people who spell it wrong anyways.

I read this thrice and didn't understand what OP is trying to say. I'm a gonna be a little slow today I guess....

@I read this thrice and didn't understand what OP is trying to say. I'm a gonna be a little slow today I guess....

He's saying people should spell their names simple. Like 'Taylor' instead of 'Taiyelor' or something

@He's saying people should spell their names simple. Like 'Taylor' instead of 'Taiyelor' or something

Oh but I thought their parents chose those names? I'm sorry I don't think its my day today :(

@Oh but I thought their parents chose those names? I'm sorry I don't think its my day today :(

some parents get mad when you spell their kids name wrong. There's a ton of ways to spell my name - Caitlin. I don't can when people spell it wrong but my mom does

@KickAss Uha

Because theres only one person named caitlin in the world.
Sheesh, dumbass.

@Meerkat Because theres only one person named caitlin in the world. Sheesh, dumbass.

YOU'RE THE DUMBASS, because I did IP trace to see where she lived.... She lives right next door to me, not such a dumbass now, am I?

@you still are man. No one who'd be on this site lives next to me.

Welp.... Here I am, a walking (typing) contradiction then aren't I?

It means some people spell Alex with a deidkelkdifa and Jenna with a ncmemdujgfndm.... Yes those names are pronounced Alex and Jenna y smilie

No, it's not obnoxious. Especially since it's not really peoples fault how their name is spelt. Maybe you should just ask how it's spelt.