+310

It's slightly disturbing that Barbie was originally created as a German sex doll, amirite?

Voldys avatar
3 16
The voters have decided that Voldy is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

AND Barbie and Ken are named after the creators kids so technically they're siblings

CapedCrusaders avatar CapedCrusader Yeah You Are +10Reply

I'm 12 and what is this? lolwut smilie

Bild Lilli wasn't necessarily a "sex doll" seeing as it was only sold in 12" and 7.5" heights. It was marketed to men, since it was seen as inappropriate for children to pay with because of her "adult" appearance. It was only referred to as a "sex doll" in the media because of her proportions.
The doll became popular with young girls, however, and by the time Ruth Handler arrived in Germany, it was being marketed as a children's toy.

@Stepharoo Into nerds, Mike?

Well, you see, it's a complicated thing. Common interests and "types" have very little bearing when I select friends or potential girlfriends (only saying that for the sake of the post, mind you), and it's based almost solely on how well I connect with that person on a personality-based level. It can be argued that a person's personality is comprised of their interests, but I do notice that interests and personalities are seperate entities. I can completely dislike someone I share every interest with, or I can fall hopelessly in love with someone with whom I share very little in terms of common interests (and I have). The deciding factor being that I found the former very annoying and impossible to converse with, whilst with the latter, conversation came very easily and we could talk about nothing for hours on end. It all came down to the compatability of our personalities. I could give an approximation of how much I would like someone, but that'd be little more. .

@Mike_Hawk Well, you see, it's a complicated thing. Common interests and "types" have very little bearing when I select...

You're a fan of long and complicated explanations, I'm guessing. But I see what you mean, and I completely agree.

@Stepharoo You're a fan of long and complicated explanations, I'm guessing. But I see what you mean, and I completely agree.

Hahaha, I love giving long and complicated explanations. It seems you're a fan of cutting them in half. We agree on most things, it would appear.

. . Than an educated guess based off a few meaningless criteria. I would say that I'm into nerds, intelligent conversation, women who like animals, beautiful women, and women who are friendly. You would certainly meet these requirements, but it wouldn't even begin to be an accurate representation of whether or not we'd have a successful relationship. That could only be attained after having gauged your personality both alone and with other people. This is nigh impossible to do over the internet, so I do imagine that the possibility that we may even hate eachother in person is entirely present (though I doubt it).

Regardless, yes. I'm into nerds.

@Mike_Hawk Than an educated guess based off a few meaningless criteria. I would say that I'm into nerds, intelligent...

I often feel like I can make better friends over the internet because I'm more likely to let my true personality show, because I'm not afraid of being judged for who I am.

Well, who isn't? Nerds are sexy. (I'm apparently sapiosexual, which means I have a sexual attraction to those with high IQ's.)

@Stepharoo I often feel like I can make better friends over the internet because I'm more likely to let my true personality...

I don't judge in general, and I usually don't care what people think. I find making friends is easier in person. I guess I'm a lot funnier and nicer in person; I tend to be a smart-ass/douchebag over the internet.

More women need to have that, NOW. Last time I checked (Looong time ago), I was boasting a 126.

But quite a few people don't find nerds sexy. You'd be surprised how angry people will get if you know a lot about stuff, assuming you don't know already.