+528

It would be rough if Katniss had her period during the Hunger Games, amirite?

HarryFreakingPotters avatar Books
13 23
The voters have decided that HarryFreakingPotter is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Maybe one of the gifts their sponsors could send was tampons

@968653

She was a tad bit overeactive at parts...

Well with their strange futuristic technology, they probably had some jab to prevent it.

hello__emilys avatar hello__emily Yeah You Are +23Reply

I just started the book yesterday, and I finished it last night. But the whole time I was reading it, that's exactly what I was thinking. xD.

Koa_Kaines avatar Koa_Kaine Yeah You Are +22Reply

I wonder whether District 13 was as conservative with their tampons as they were with everything else?
...
Ew. Erase that thought.

FlyingGuineaPigs avatar FlyingGuineaPig Yeah You Are +20Reply

that's what I thought the whole time I was reading it! weren't they in the arena for weeks? I'm sure most of the girls had their period at some point...

To be serious, though, if you put your body under enough stress you can skip periods, especially if you're malnourished.

@Yeah

Source, please? Because I'm a bit skeptical...

@mchalla3 Source, please? Because I'm a bit skeptical...

Source?? It fucking happened to me when I was anorexic. If you really care that much google it.

chchs avatar chch Yeah You Are -1Reply
@1681449

Fuck off bitch. I just asked for a source, as this is the first time I heard this. You are an anon, and I don't know who you are. You could be lying about the anorexia. I just want to know if this is true or not. Calm the fuck down and quit PMSing on me.

And for the record, I'm fourteen.

Wow lol i read the book last year in september and im STILL comtemplating that to this day xD

Day 1 - Everyone else is dead. I could see Katniss being a total crazed bitch.

SetUp4Sarcasms avatar SetUp4Sarcasm Yeah You Are +6Reply

I reckon the Capitol just does something to stop it like they stop the guys growing beards, just for the duration of the Games, or as long as they need them.

Quannaxs avatar Quannax Yeah You Are +5Reply

It's possible she hadn't reached puberty by then.

PinkSponges avatar PinkSponge Yeah You Are 0Reply

Yeah, I think they got something from Capitol to stop it, just like boys (and girls too, I suppose) got something to stop their hair from growing.

But still, they had to pee. Katniss mentioned it once, though.... But what about the other thing? And hygiene at all? Like brushing teeth, changing underwear... especially when she and Peeta kissed!

Any ideas? Maybe it wasn't so important? Well, obviously, they didn't even think about washing themselves, they only wanted to stay alive... But physiological needs? They didn't get anything to stop that!

i was wondering the same thing when i was reading the hunger games!!!

No cause like if she was on her period she could use the blood to smear her body so when her fellow tributes came past theyd see her on the floor and be like "lol u dead catpiss" and theyd leave her alone and she could also use it for drinking because water is hard to find and its a liquid.