+56

The world was so much better fifty years ago, amirite?

Realitys avatar
0 17
The voters have decided that Reality is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

The 1960's: When all we had to worry about was the real threat of total nuclear annihilation, legal racism/sexism, and the Vietnam war.

@BreakfastFan The 1960's: When all we had to worry about was the real threat of total nuclear annihilation, legal racism/sexism...

Yeah, but thanks to drugs, no one remembers any of that! Remember? Besides, you forgot The Beatles!

Maybe if you were a well educated, rich, white, male. Otherwise not so much.

Didn't they have crippling childhood diseases that killed tons of kids?

Not really. I mean, I wasn't born 50-years-ago ;)

just kidding...

Though, I think today's world is amazing considering the technology. I love technology. I'm glad I wasn't born generations earlier.

I'd like to keep my rights, thank you very much.

love was more proper and real. so i agree.

@love was more proper and real. so i agree.

Yeah, the free love movement was really the pinnacle of human romantic achievement.

I was thinking more about the attitude of the people. Children these days have no discipline. Just like parents paying thousands for their little princess to be in a music video. People are fake now.

Realitys avatar Reality Yeah You Are -1Reply

yeah, i made a post similar to this.
Life wasn't as complicated and filled with distractions as this generation (laptops, college, internet)
someone said it was called being amish ._.

TalkingRices avatar TalkingRice Yeah You Are -3Reply
@People didn't go to college in the 60s?

I think they mean it wasn't as expensive and such a problem or stress factor for teens.

@awesomeperson I think they mean it wasn't as expensive and such a problem or stress factor for teens.

stress factor definitely, too many expectations and it's harder to get into now

TalkingRices avatar TalkingRice Yeah You Are 0Reply