+261

Watching t.v. with someone is not spending quality time with them, amirite?

Voldemorts_Nieces avatar
1 7
The voters have decided that Voldemorts_Niece is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I think it depends on what you're watching. Some of my favorite conversations were sparked over what we just saw.

Maybe it's not "quality" time but TV can certainly bring people together

enders avatar ender No Way +5Reply

It depends, really. Sometimes you know someone well enough, have done everything together, and just like to curl up quietly watching T.V with them every once in a while.

Watching sports certainly brings some people together. And if you are having a conversation, or better yet, laughing your butt off at the television with a friend, I think it's a pretty good way to spend time together. But if you are just sitting there and watching then it really isn't that fun.

I've had some pretty good times with people watching tv, so it can be I would say. You just have to be open to it.

My friends and I are anime fans. We get all kinds of weird conversations going when we watch tv. Whether it's making fun of a bad classic anime, or laughing at the newest comedy we always have something to talk about and we always have fun. Most of the time, we end up not paying attention if we've seen the episode before because we're so focused on what we're talking about.

If that's all you do, then no. But it can be fun and enhance a relationship.