+631

When you mess up or do something stupid, your mom thinks it's your new hobby. Ex: "This is my daughter; she likes to make out with the neighbors.", amirite?

haleymdaviss avatar
62 48
The voters have decided that haleymdavis is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

"This is my son. After many years of not liking chicken, we finally got him to try some popcorn chicken. He said it was okay so now every time we go to KFC I'm going to assume it's his favorite food and make an excited face and say, 'Oh look, Austin, they've got some popcorn chicken! You love popcorn chicken don't you??'"

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +147Reply
@1680660

chicken

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +66Reply
@1680660

I like it. I'm just not as crazy about it as my mom seems to think. I swear it applies to anything.. if I show any sign that I like it a little bit, she thinks it's my most favorite thing in the world. So what I end up doing a lot of times is pretending I don't like things.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +25Reply
@StickCaveman "This is my son. After many years of not liking chicken, we finally got him to try some popcorn chicken. He said it...

Mom: You like the Hamburger Helper, Austin? (That's my name, too)
Austin: <I can't stand any kind of Hamburger Helper and I'm just trying to be polite> Yes.

And then, Mom makes that shit every day and is all "You liked it last time I made it."

What's worse is when you get to around 10th grade and they start asking you what college you want to go to. And if you give them an answer, they tell everyone about it.
To solve this, I told my parents a different college every time. For a while, I had everyone believing that my dream was to go to the Honolulu Institute of Colorado to major in Quantum Mechanical Biology.

runnerdudes avatar runnerdude Yeah You Are +82Reply
@runnerdude What's worse is when you get to around 10th grade and they start asking you what college you want to go to. And if...

That's silly. The Honolulu Institute of Colorado doesn't have Quantum Mechanical Biology as a major!

@Harper That's silly. The Honolulu Institute of Colorado doesn't have Quantum Mechanical Biology as a major!

I think he meant Quantum Mechanical Psychology. The Honolulu Institute of Colorado has one of the best QMP departments in the country

"This is my daughter; she likes to look at lolcats 24/7"
Please mom, that's ridiculous.
It's more like 23/7 wary smilie

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +63Reply
@1680618

I live in an old people neighborhood, don't feel bad.

LittleReds avatar LittleRed Yeah You Are +26Reply
@1680728

I do too except I have one neighbor and he's extremely hot and rich

@1680618

Well then, I should move to your neighborhood and change that. hello smilie

@1680853

...I should REALLY stop setting myself up.

@1680618

I feel your pain. All the hot guys in my neighborhood live on the other side. It's the same neighborhood but it's connected by a huge main road... so I can't go see anyone on the other side. :(

@1680618

Except for you... ;)

@Albert_Einstein Fail.

You're right, he's not that great. You on the other hand.. Maybe go move over there and help him out.

Haha I feel like that example is from personal experience.

middleseiss avatar middleseis Yeah You Are +51Reply

This one time a few months ago I told my parents I didn't want to bring a jacket because it wasn't cold outside and I ended up wearing my mom's and so now every time I wear a jacket they say "So you decided to bring a jacket, huh?"

"This is my granddaughter; she got kicked out of a Christian-based camp and will never work there again. Oh, and could you please bring out the dish boy? She'd like to apologize to him for showing him up on their date last month."

Montanas avatar Montana Yeah You Are +30Reply

I don't understand why parents think they're funny when everyone repeatedly insists they are not.

i broke the fender off my cousin's old car I used to practice driving in like a while back.
and so that's the first thing anyone knows about me when my mom introduces us.
and i can't do anything but stand there and smile, like I'm some fool who can't drive.

I KNOW! It's so annoying, my Mom is always like: "Oh, that's my son. He likes murdering people with a rusty axe." I mean like, I ONLY DID THAT ONCE!

Well....do you?

Chewbanshees avatar Chewbanshee Yeah You Are +15Reply

I want to favourite this post all day.

Montanas avatar Montana Yeah You Are +11Reply
@PurpleZebra I want to make out with it.

I want to give it a strip tease.

Montanas avatar Montana Yeah You Are +4Reply

When I was like in 4th grade I would tell everyone that I wanted to be a brain surgeon now my mom mentions that to like everyone even though I definitely have no ambition to be a brain surgeon anymore.

karen_xoxos avatar karen_xoxo Yeah You Are +10Reply

My mom holds the stupidest grudges. -_-

SkylarOctaviouss avatar SkylarOctavious Yeah You Are +2Reply

this is funny to me because i've made out with my neighbor

@meemer147 this is funny to me because i've made out with my neighbor

Was it very slippery and slimy? DETAILS PLEASE!

I'm sorry, but how is making out with a neighbor stupid or a mistake?

@I'm sorry, but how is making out with a neighbor stupid or a mistake?

Because they're a 45 year old crack dealer with three teeth and bad B.O.